What's new

Will there be American invasion in Syria?

MVP

What do you folks think? Is it going to be another Iraq or is it going to be way worse?

I predict cruise missiles and drone strikes. Somehow that is seen as a cleaner, nicer way to kill people. Then, when that half-measure doesn't work we'll starve the women and children of Syria for the next decade with sanctions until another gung-ho cowboy gets into the white house and just says **** it let's invade.

But isn't Syria more prepared for defense? They have huge support from Russia and Iran. I am just afraid it is going to be a bloody mess with no benefits for anybody.

I think they already have all the dupes they need on the ground with the Al Qaeda/Al Nursa/Al Fight Ya because I got nothing better to do rabble already positioned unless one of those big countries that opposes really stands behind Syria and starts sending people in large doses. I'm pretty sure I absolutely nailed the Al Qaeda prison break scenario a few weeks back when I said those embassy warnings were because they were shuffling those prison break fighters into Syria. They knew what was going to happen now. They'll do what Gameface said + the second they bomb, they can freely arm/train whomever they want without much interference and that of course frees them from any Benghazi type media oversight because that's what that whole thing was about.

How can we stand around and do nothing?

Don't we owe the world something as the lone super power? Shouldn't we immediately go to any and every country that is suffering and aid them?

Or are we all a bunch of Neville Chamberlains?

How can we stand around and do nothing?

Don't we owe the world something as the lone super power? Shouldn't we immediately go to any and every country that is suffering and aid them?

Or are we all a bunch of Neville Chamberlains?
GodwinsLaw_CatPoster.jpg

Please no.

UK seems to be taking the lead on this one. Let them provide the ground troops, and let us provide support for a change.

Please no.

UK seems to be taking the lead on this one. Let them provide the ground troops, and let us provide support for a change.

lol. Remember how UK and France were going to do air strikes over Libya? We need to quite holding Europes hand. Maybe we just let the UK embarrass herself so they will invest in the military they need. It's about time European countries took some responsibility for *** holes in their own back yard.

I predict cruise missiles and drone strikes. Somehow that is seen as a cleaner, nicer way to kill people. Then, when that half-measure doesn't work we'll starve the women and children of Syria for the next decade with sanctions until another gung-ho cowboy gets into the white house and just says **** it let's invade.

It is so much more complicated than this.

Here is a plausible scenario that I see:

America, with backing and support from France and Britain, strikes Syria with missile attacks over 2-3 days.

Syria and Iran, either directly or thru Hamas and Hezbollah, strike at Israel and embassies in retaliation.

Israel strikes back at Syria, Palestine and southern Lebanon, hard. It is Israel and they won't take half measures.

Syria declares war on Israel and Israel on Syria. Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran join Syrias side.

America provides logistical support to Israel. Another chemical attacks occours and America hits Syria even harder. Perhaps Britain bombs Syria.

Russian naval forces engage in a tense standoff off with American, British and French naval forces off the the coast of Syria.

Saudia Arabia and Qatar flood in war materiel to the rebels. Turkey goes after the Kurdish regions.

After continued fighting in southern Lebanon Israel and Lebanon declare war. Iran follows suit and declares war on Israel as well.

Iran attempts to close/mine the straight of Hormuz. American and Iranian forces directly engage each other. America and Iran declare war against each other.

Iraq, Phakistan and Afghanistan support Iran and flood in jihadi fighters, weapons and money.

Russia intercepts a western powers attack (perhaps missiles or bombers) on Syria and shots are fired.

Russia and the west declare war. NATO is pulled into the conflict.

China now has a chance to recapture Taiwan while America is distracted. Japan and China have a naval skirmish over the Daiyou islands. North Korea and South Korea engage in shelling and war is declared.

South China Sea fighting pits Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Phillipines against China, Cambodia, North Korea and now by proxy Taiwan.

Due to all the fighting and foreign fighters thru out the middle east fighting along the Pakistan/India boarder heats up.

NATO (28 nations including heavy weights America, Canada, Germany, Britian and France), Australia, Japan, South Korea, India, Phillipines, Singapore, Vietnam, Saudia Arabia, Qatar and Israel are now at war with:

SCO (6 nations including China and Russia), Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, North korea, Cambodia, Taiwan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Hamas and Hezbollah.

This scenario takes places with forces that are already in place. With threats of action already made. Such as naval forces from America, Russia, France and Britain off the coast of Syria. Gun fights on the India/Pakistan boarder, Iran's threat to close the straight of Hormuz, rocket attacks on Israel from hamas and hezbollah and tensions and standoffs in the south china sea.

Obviously this is a worse case scenario where everything goes wrong but the stage is set gentlemen.

Can't we all just get along?

But isn't Syria more prepared for defense? They have huge support from Russia and Iran. I am just afraid it is going to be a bloody mess with no benefits for anybody.
Is Syria more prepared? Iraq was the world's 4 largest military power at one point if I remember correctly (something I think I heard somewhere, could be wrong). They too had been supplied by Russia.

Maybe you don't really understand how massively dominant the U.S. military is, in pretty much every way. We have the largest military, not in number of soldiers but in equipment and arms. The U.S. Air Force is the world's largest air force, The U.S. Navy is the world's second largest air force and by far the world's largest Navy. We have the very most advanced military, including not only the most high tech pieces of equipment but a much better ability to deploy and coordinate that equipment. We are already there already, the U.S. maintains a forward deployed stance at all times. Our training and experience are beyond compare. We've been fighting ever since WWII. Every generation has engaged in some sort of military campaign abroad. Our generals learned form battle experienced leaders who came before them. They experienced warfare at every stage of their careers. Our military is not "green". Our lower-level enlisted soldiers are highly motivated, highly trained and they believe in 'murica and what they are fighting for.

You think Syria would be difficult to defeat militarily? No, the problem is not destroying other nations military capability, it's the nation building that is difficult.

America, with backing and support from France and Britain, strikes Syria with missile attacks over 2-3 days.

Syria and Iran, either directly or thru Hamas and Hezbollah, strike at Israel and embassies in retaliation.

Israel strikes back at Syria, Palestine and southern Lebanon, hard. It is Israel and they won't take half measures.

Syria declares war on Israel and Israel on Syria. Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran join Syrias side.

America provides logistical support to Israel. Another chemical attacks occours and America hits Syria even harder. Perhaps Britain bombs Syria.

Russian naval forces engage in a tense standoff off with American, British and French naval forces off the the coast of Syria.

Saudia Arabia and Qatar flood in war materiel to the rebels. Turkey goes after the Kurdish regions.

After continued fighting in southern Lebanon Israel and Lebanon declare war. Iran follows suit and declares war on Israel as well.

Iran attempts to close/mine the straight of Hormuz. American and Iranian forces directly engage each other. America and Iran declare war against each other.

Iraq, Phakistan and Afghanistan support Iran and flood in jihadi fighters, weapons and money.

Russia intercepts a western powers attack (perhaps missiles or bombers) on Syria and shots are fired.

Russia and the west declare war. NATO is pulled into the conflict.

China now has a chance to recapture Taiwan while America is distracted. Japan and China have a naval skirmish over the Daiyou islands. North Korea and South Korea engage in shelling and war is declared.

South China Sea fighting pits Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Phillipines against China, Cambodia, North Korea and now by proxy Taiwan.

Due to all the fighting and foreign fighters thru out the middle east fighting along the Pakistan/India boarder heats up.

NATO (28 nations including heavy weights America, Canada, Germany, Britian and France), Australia, Japan, South Korea, India, Phillipines, Singapore, Vietnam, Saudia Arabia, Qatar and Israel are now at war with:

SCO (6 nations including China and Russia), Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, North korea, Cambodia, Taiwan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Hamas and Hezbollah.

This scenario takes places with forces that are already in place. With threats of action already made. Such as naval forces from America, Russia, France and Britain off the coast of Syria. Gun fights on the India/Pakistan boarder, Iran's threat to close the straight of Hormuz, rocket attacks on Israel from hamas and hezbollah and tensions and standoffs in the south china sea.

Obviously this is a worse case scenario where everything goes wrong but the stage is set gentlemen.

Can't we all just get along?

I don't think it spirals out of control like that. I think the world superpowers are happy to play in the sandbox and keep the stakes low in that regard so that their home soil is not threatened. I think we all know that everybody loses if the world superpowers go at each other directly.

Is Syria more prepared? Iraq was the world's 4 largest military power at one point if I remember correctly (something I think I heard somewhere, could be wrong). They too had been supplied by Russia.

I think you remember wrong. That's impossible.

Turkey won't go after Kurdish regions. There is a peace ongoing between Kurdish and Turkish people. Such a move would curse it forever. And Turkey would definitely be disintegrated. It's the worst move one can imagine for Turkey.

I think you remember wrong. That's impossible.

Back when they were flexing their muscle invading Iran, Kuwait, etc. and using chemical weapons both at home and against their foreign enemies they had a very large standing military. The first gulf war greatly reduced their military and the sanctions that followed made it difficult to build it back up again. I'm not talking about how powerful they were in 2003, but in the late 80s.

I don't think it spirals out of control like that. I think the world superpowers are happy to play in the sandbox and keep the stakes low in that regard so that their home soil is not threatened. I think we all know that everybody loses if the world superpowers go at each other directly.

We all lose is correct. But is Russia willing to let it's only real direct partner int he middle east, Syria (only naval post Russia has access to in the mediteranean is in Syria) be taken away by its biggest rival?

Can America resist its historic desire to protect Israel?

Can China resist the chance to reclaim taiwan which it view as a rebel province?

Can North Korea resist the chance for, as it sees it, freedom and to end the suffering of its people?

Can India keep the already heating up boarder with Pakistan form full on conflict?

As Duck Rogers said to many sides, pieces in place and tensions for nothing to happen. Once something does how far does it spiral? I doubt my above scenario is likely. In fact it is very unlikely. But as I said the pieces in my scenario are already all in place. The events in my scenario require no moving of forces or build up. They are already in place and waiting.

There are some very sad videos of that chemical attack going around. Its just shocking to and doesn't seem real. So many dead children. I can't even imagine. I am so thankful and blessed to be living in this country. My heart aches for those people.

One thing makes Turkey's position critical is the recently established radar base at Kürecik in Turkey by the USA. It is meant to protect Israel and Europe from a possible Iran and Syrian attack. Iran have openly said that in a possible war with Israel they would target Kürecik radar base too. Actually they condemned the construction of the base and it was serious political
altercation between Turkey and Iran.

The radar base is equipped by the latest technology and can detect anything from Iran and Syria. Israil even apologized from Turkey for the Mavi Marmara event for this radar base.

Back when they were flexing their muscle invading Iran, Kuwait, etc. and using chemical weapons both at home and against their foreign enemies they had a very large standing military. The first gulf war greatly reduced their military and the sanctions that followed made it difficult to build it back up again. I'm not talking about how powerful they were in 2003, but in the late 80s.

Yep you're right, they always had large army, actually they still have a large army but 4th sounded too high to me. Maybe it was I don't know much about that times.

Turkey won't go after Kurdish regions. There is a peace ongoing between Kurdish and Turkish people. Such a move would curse it forever. And Turkey would definitely be disintegrated. It's the worst move one can imagine for Turkey.

In this scenario can you guarantee that the Kurds won't see an opportunity to carve out a small country of their own? Or that Turkey will not see a chance to once and for all remove a long time thorn in its side?