What's new

Will you be happy with this season if the Warriors sweep?

Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters
I cant believe how many people voted yes.

Why wouldn't we? DO we want to do even better? Absolutely.

But the Jazz have made major steps forward this year. The team learned to battle through adversity, coaching staff grew, and the players learned what it takes to beat a great team like the Clippers. Now they are learning what it takes to beat an elite team. From the FO to the players.

As long as they apply those lessons in the offseason than this season was wildly successful.

Why wouldn't we? DO we want to do even better? Absolutely.

But the Jazz have made major steps forward this year. The team learned to battle through adversity, coaching staff grew, and the players learned what it takes to beat a great team like the Clippers. Now they are learning what it takes to beat an elite team. From the FO to the players.

As long as they apply those lessons in the offseason than this season was wildly successful.

I just can't subscribe the feeling of "happy" after getting swept. I think I will look back at the whole of the season with fondness. I enjoyed the season, but I wont be "happy" after the Jazz get swept.

I'm sort of in the middle. Not happy but not sad.

We really need to get to 3rd seed next year though to avoid the Warriors in the semis and potentially face them in the conference finals instead.

If we get swept in the semis again next year that's gonna be really tough to swallow.

Jazz exceeded my expectations this year.

I had them with 48 wins and losing in the first round.

They beat both my estimates.

It's hard to be disappointed in them, especially when you factor in all the disappointing injuries.

I cant believe how many people voted yes.
I can't believe anybody voted no. This season has been a success, any win from here on out is gravy. FWIW I think the GSW may sweep the playoffs.
PS: The NBA needs a hard cap. A team like the Warriors this year takes all of the fun out of the playoffs.

I can't believe anybody voted no. This season has been a success, any win from here on out is gravy. FWIW I think the GSW may sweep the playoffs.
PS: The NBA needs a hard cap. A team like the Warriors this year takes all of the fun out of the playoffs.

They dont need a hard cap, they just need to get rid of max contracts. Hard caps arent fun. If you can draft a good team and trade for players, you should be able to keep them if you are financially able.

Probably the wording. I think few expect a sweep.

no, because they could have been better if it weren't for the injuries. They might have been a higher seed, not worn themselves out on a tough clippers team, and would have built better chemistry. Even if it were still Jazz clippers, they could have defeated them quicker, worn themselves out less and been in a better spot to push golden state harder. injuries ruined this season, including or even especially dante's from last season. he'd be so much further along and he'd still have his confidence.

I just can't subscribe the feeling of "happy" after getting swept. I think I will look back at the whole of the season with fondness. I enjoyed the season, but I wont be "happy" after the Jazz get swept.
I don't look at the question as " will you be happy that the jazz got swept?"
I look at it as "will you still be happy with the season overall if the jazz get swept?"

Last edited:
Fyi, the warriors have won 22 out of their last 23 games. Their only loss in that stretch? To the jazz.

They swept Portland in round one by am average of 19 points per game.

They dont need a hard cap, they just need to get rid of max contracts. Hard caps arent fun. If you can draft a good team and trade for players, you should be able to keep them if you are financially able.
So your solution is to let the teams with the most money spend anything they want on the best players? A hard cap keeps teams fairly even. The way it is now makes the league predictable and therefore a bit boring come playoff time.

So your solution is to let the teams with the most money spend anything they want on the best players? A hard cap keeps teams fairly even. The way it is now makes the league predictable and therefore a bit boring come playoff time.

Yeah, that's the way it has to be. It lets the league make a lot more money. At the end of the day the NBA is a business above all else. I would still have a luxury tax and salary cap. Hard cap is much too restrictive to team building.

Fyi, the warriors have won 22 out of their last 23 games. Their only loss in that stretch? To the jazz.

They swept Portland in round one by am average of 19 points per game.

The lame results when 2 of the top 5 players in the league team up. Ruins it for everyone.

Does it? If it wasnt for them it would just be Lebron trampling over everyone.

Nah, Cleveland might have Lebron but they are no GS. They are much more beatable.

Also, Jazz are down 3-0 and I'm still thrilled with this season.

DL better have a giant *** binder for each game this series. Stats, plays, player bios, coach critiques, areas for Jazz player improvement...

Nah, Cleveland might have Lebron but they are no GS. They are much more beatable.

Also, Jazz are down 3-0 and I'm still thrilled with this season.

DL better have a giant *** binder for each game this series. Stats, plays, player bios, coach critiques, areas for Jazz player improvement...
Maybe, but without GS I could easily see Lebron winning at least 3 in a row

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz battled. It's all you can ask for when you're going up against a manufactured All-Star team.

Not voting in the poll because it feels wrong to have "yes" recorded in such a way, but, I mean, yeah.

Yeah, that's the way it has to be. It lets the league make a lot more money. At the end of the day the NBA is a business above all else. I would still have a luxury tax and salary cap. Hard cap is much too restrictive to team building.
Well on that I disagree.