What's new

With the 35th Pick... Jarnell Stokes (traded)

What are we getting back from Memphis? A white suede jump suit?

There was a lot of chatter that the Jazz would trade out of that spot. Still kind of hoping they just buy a pick for a draft and stash player. There's a lot on the board that I really like.

Apparently we are getting a 2nd round pick next year.

Chad Ford
Grizzlies will send the Jazz a 2016 2nd round pick for the draft rights to Jarnell Stokes.

Need to get more than a second rounder, losing value, especially as deep as the draft is this year.

WTF, why not take a stash player or one of the decent players still available. Why trade it for a late 2nd next year in a much weaker draft?

Apparently we are getting a 2nd round pick next year.

Chad Ford
Grizzlies will send the Jazz a 2016 2nd round pick for the draft rights to Jarnell Stokes.

This makes no sense unless there's more to it. The 35 pick this year will almost certainly be much better than whatever the Grizz's pick is next year.

I don't get why we would trade for a pick that's most likely going to be a lot lower than this one, in a draft that doesn't look nearly as deep...but I'm still happy with the draft.

Seems like a weird trade. Maybe the Jazz project more European talent in 2016? Maybe just doing Memphis a favor so they can get an in-state product?

With draft and stashers Inglis and Bogdan off the board, can't really blame DL for trading out here. No minutes for anyone else.

Yeah - it would be stupid to draft Stokes for a 2016 2nd. That makes no sense. I agree with those of you who suggest a stash.