What's new

With the Fifth Pick... Dante Exum

As one of the few existing Aussie jazz supporters, can I warn u all that there will be a huge influx of Aussies now in this site. That's the way we Aussies work.

Can I just say that it is a given with exum that he will have a high bball iq, his ego will be controllable, and he will be desperate to win. You won't have the attitude issues that might tend to affect American athletes more regularly. He will be down to earth and a hard worker.

Looking forward to seeing him contribute.

Welcome mates. No matter how many join or the level of their fandom, they can NEVER, EVER be as bad as the Puerto Ricans who came aboard when we signed Arroyo.

So all those who were whining that the franchise was destroyed because the Jazz didn't tank enough, Trey hit the winning shot against Orlando, etc.....you can apologize now.
But how important was that coin flip over Boston?

So all those who were whining that the franchise was destroyed because the Jazz didn't tank enough, Trey hit the winning shot against Orlando, etc.....you can apologize now.

Omg. Good point my man. No coin flip no Exum.

I'm happy with Exum but it's to early to tell if he's our answer and the tank worked.

Yay, a draft pick whose highest level of competition so far has been the equivalent of my local YMCA.

...so what do we actually have here? A clown that's going to sit on the bench for the first 3 months and watch......or a guy that can play right away and contribute? A guy that will hit 5 shots in a row.....then get pulled because "it's his time to sit!" A guy that can figure out where he's suppose to be both on offense and defense......or a guy that can't spell "cat" unless you spot him the c and the t? Inquiring posters....want to know!

My problem isn't that I don't trust the office to evaluate talent, my problem is that the whole approach is wrong. Picking the best player available is a bad idea. You fill needs. The Jazz don't need a PG or a SG.

That type of thinking was the reason why Portland took Sam Bowie over MJ. Most teams take the best player available regardless of the position. Need comes into play if the players are essentially equal.

Would be really awkward for Trey to be taking pictures with his replacement one year after he was drafted. My guess is that Trey won't be traded this year at least.

He was probably there to take his photo with Gordon. Couldn't exactly snub him.

...so what do we actually have here? A clown that's going to sit on the bench for the first 3 months and watch......or a guy that can play right away and contribute? A guy that will hit 5 shots in a row.....then get pulled because "it's his time to sit!" A guy that can figure out where he's suppose to be both on offense and defense......or a guy that can't spell "cat" unless you spot him the c and the t? Inquiring posters....want to know!

Now say something racist!

Best draft in long time....Exum was who I wanted anyway (think he will be best player from this draft) and we didnt get rid of anything for him. Great idea to trade second round pick, we dont need any more young bodies right now, stash it for later...Hood looks good and was rated higher by most anyone I saw. Awesome job...on paper