What's new

With the Fifth Pick... Dante Exum

...so what do we actually have here? A clown that's going to sit on the bench for the first 3 months and watch......or a guy that can play right away and contribute? A guy that will hit 5 shots in a row.....then get pulled because "it's his time to sit!" A guy that can figure out where he's suppose to be both on offense and defense......or a guy that can't spell "cat" unless you spot him the c and the t? Inquiring posters....want to know!

Did you forget, CJ ... Corbin is no longer the coach.

I can't help but think hayward is going to benefit from having exum. He doesn't need to be our primary option anymore. He will flourish as a second option. When exum is ready to be first that is.

DraftExpress nailed it:

Fast forward two years to April 20, 2013. The soft-spoken Aussie, then 17, let his game to do the talking at the prestigious Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, Oregon. Following a 16-point performance in a game that featured projected lottery picks such as Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Joel Embiid, Julius Randle, Aaron Gordon and Noah Vonleh, someone sidled up to Exum and informed him that the NBA draft site DraftExpress had slotted him fifth overall in its 2014 mock.

https://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/s...aft-2014-dante-exum-international-man-mystery

Jazz did great.
They got another ball handler passer in Exum.
They got another shooter in Hood.

I can't help but think hayward is going to benefit from having exum. He doesn't need to be our primary option anymore. He will flourish as a second option. When exum is ready to be first that is.

Agreed, good post.

When they thought they were getting Exum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkfr3HMSPPE#t=18

HAhahahhahahah what a reaction.

I'm sure some Aaron Gordon stans around here were looking like;
will.i.am-mtv.jpg

when that pick happened too.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but we should get to see exum in the fiba World Cup in a couple of months as well as summer league. He should be starting at SG for Australia, with patty mills at pg. no bogut unfortunately.

Scared I'm going to wake up and find out we actually drafted Vonmeh. Is this real life. Exum? FFS. This is too awesome.