What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I’m interested to hear what people think on this.

Sexton at 4/72M or RJ at 4/107M

I’m super high on both but was higher on the prospect of RJ being here not in New York. Now that Sexton is here I lean towards him.
I like what we are paying Sexton over the next 4. This year is 16 almost 17, and it ramps up to a little over 19 in 4 years. That's not bad, especially if he gets his scoring back up to the 24 range and isn't super inefficient. I think I lean towards Sexton, but I don't really know his ceiling when it comes to defense. I know he can play it, but is it in spurts for a highlight reel or is it steady on ball pressure? Either way I like what we will be paying over the next 4 to like Sexton. I do worry about last years surgery and recovery though.

And they still have Randle and Fournier... and likely need to give up picks to get off them... you know... the things they refused to part with for Donovan.

Oh they definitely have to. They were sending a protected pick with Fournier to route two expiring contacts to us according to Woj. Great signing Leon.

I also just wanted to say we obviously don’t give a **** about paying people long-term. That narrative never made sense for one minute and I can’t believe how many main media people were pushing it.

I wonder how long Ainge has been sitting on this CAVs offer?

This is yet another trade that was not widely reported! these analyst and their sources don't know anything. There was some reporting about their and the Jazz interest in Sexton but NO ONE saw this coming!!

I wonder how long Ainge has been sitting on this Knicks offer?

This is yet another trade that was not widely reported! these analyst and their sources don't know anything. There was some reporting about their and the Jazz interest in Sexton but NO ONE saw this coming!!
Tony Jones said that the Jazz had other offers they liked but almost nobody listened to him.

I wonder how long Ainge has been sitting on this Knicks offer?

Told y'all, if Tony Jones reports it, it's false. I have no clue how this guy has clout, he is wrong about everything.

Another interesting tidbit to chew on.

Both teams that we have traded with for future unprotected are going against the grain. The Cavs played with Jarrett Allen, Evan Mobley, and Lauri Markanaan on the court all at the same time.

Both teams are playing two centers in a league dominated by small ball.

It's a gamble for both Minny and the Cavs and we are taking the under on both. I would take the under as well. Gobert and Kat OR to Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley. Either it works or it flops.

Told y'all, if Tony Jones reports it, it's false. I have no clue how this guy has clout, he is wrong about everything.

Tony has been all over this with factual information. He’s the only one who’s been reporting what’s really going on. He was zigging when everyone else was zagging. He knew the final offer the Knicks made down to the exact detail so he obviously knows what is going on.

He was here reporting we wanted RJ when EVERY other single national media source was saying otherwise.