What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

By the way, sounds like Zanik did a lot of the behind the scenes deal on this. Not sure Ainge deserves all the credit.
That’s his job and I’m glad he did it well, but the accountability stops somewhere and for better or worse that’s Danny Ainge. Glad they found a deal they approved of. I’m a little underwhelmed, but I’m going to root hard for these young guys to get as much playing time to see what they actually have.

And again online the Knicks fans best argument is "Cavs picks are gonna be late firsts... you could have had NY firsts" and they say it like it is a burn to us... bruh you just told us you know your franchise is ****.

Didn't like ANY of the Knicks players, not even RJ, glad Ainge went with the Cavs. Always liked Lauri's game, never really busted out like some projected, but glad he's on the Jazz now.

All jokes aside, this team as constituted now with a highly regarded young coach might not be bad enough to make our own next 2 picks that great unless we get some luck in the lottery.
I actually disagree. I can't definitively say we are better than anyone in the West, with the exception of maybe Houston. Have to assume we're going to move Conley, Bogey, and Clarkson, and with no incentive or pressure to win, the coaching staff will just be playing to develop. What will our over/under be, 25 wins?

I am now curious as to whether we hang on to all these picks and actually use them for ourselves or they become pieces in a different move down the road.

After this, the new target for the Lakers trade should be '27/'29 swaps and '28 unprotected if that is seen as an equal or lesser ask for the Lakers. Some of these picks owed need to be leveled out.