What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I’m a little surprised the Cavs traded Markannen instead of Okoro. I know he has some upside still but Okoro hasn’t been very good.
Someone got to defend stars on that team. You want Lauri Markannen being your main defender for Jayson Tatum/Jaylen Brown/ Jimmy Butler/Kevin Durant/ETC?

Also had to make money work.

He had to play out of position. He definitely isnt a negative IMO.

Now he can play next to Vanderbilt, a guy that he makes sense next to as a PF.
He's a ~15 PER (league average) player making nearly twice the MLE. I actually like him, I'm just saying I think his contributions relative to his salary make his deal slightly negative. You are also correct about Markkanen's position issue (I also alluded to it).

Probably more to the point, the Cavs were looking for some space from the tax as well and are taking on a nearly $40 million annual contract. But sending Gay or NAW would've made the deal close to even (rather than the Jazz taking on an additional 6.5 million this year) which would've been nice.

Someone got to defend stars on that team. You want Lauri Markannen being your main defender for Jayson Tatum/Jaylen Brown/ Jimmy Butler/Kevin Durant/ETC?

Also had to make money work.

I get it for sure but money would have worked with Okoro/Windler as well.

Played a league game once 4 on 5 against a good team… me and another were on fire - think we both had like 5 threes in the first half. We were just chucking too because basically being double teamed… we’re up 10 at half… then our fifth came and we ended up losing… which was kind of hilarious.
Whenever I am on the 4 side, I am smoking hot. I remember hitting 8 straight threes in without missing and finished the game with like 12 threes. But whenever I am on the 5 side, I play like the soul is sucked out of me.

Whenever I am on the 4 side, I am smoking hot. I remember hitting 8 straight threes in without missing and finished the game with like 12 threes. But whenever I am on the 5 side, I play like the soul is sucked out of me.
There is something weird about shooting with no conscience because you know you won't find better shots... on the other end I think you overpass looking for layups. We smoked a team playing 4 on 5 growing up and it was one of my favorite games ever.

There is something weird about shooting with no conscience because you know you won't find better shots... on the other end I think you overpass looking for layups. We smoked a team playing 4 on 5 growing up and it was one of my favourite games ever.
Yeah, it's weird. I shoot well when I am kinda open but I am not a movement shooter at all but I was hitting step-backs and what not, lol.

There is also the underdog mentality. There is no joy in beating an opponent down a guy but gotta kill them giants.

I was traveling yesterday and was shocked but pleasantly surprised to see we traded with the Cavaliers.

I'm so happy the Knicks lost out because their fans are delusional clowns and I don't like them. Now they have nothing.

And we're going to have to trade some of this talent if we really want to tank. Honestly, I really like our depth. This is a solid team.

Sexton is one of my favorite players in the NBA. He can easily average 25 points a game for us and could make us forget about Mitchell real quick. With his injury he's definitely not on Donovan's level but I'm hopeful he can get in that stratosphere.

We have a lot more scorers than we did last season that's for sure. Our depth chart is wild.

Random question, but does anyone know if we could trade out a future unprotected pick we have from MIN or CLE, but we then put protections on it? Example, we trade out Minnesota's 2027 1st rounder, but we protect it 1-14. Doable? Not doable? Was just wondering.

Random question, but does anyone know if we could trade out a future unprotected pick we have from MIN or CLE, but we then put protections on it? Example, we trade out Minnesota's 2027 1st rounder, but we protect it 1-14. Doable? Not doable? Was just wondering.

Yes, we can. It’s our pick now. New Orleans did this with their 2025 Milwaukee unprotected 1st. They made it top-4 protected and used it in the McCollum deal.

Funny listening to the Hoop Collective podcast Donovan was ecstatic to go to Cleveland.

Also noted that Cleveland/Utah have a really good working relationship. They have done a ton of trades over the years and even Ainge has worked with Cleveland in Boston. They homies.
I think Cleveland is actually a good situation for him. Not sure it’s good enough to get him to resign - this is a 3 year rental IMO.

I think Cleveland is actually a good situation for him. Not sure it’s good enough to get him to resign - this is a 3 year rental IMO.
If they become a legit contender I can see it staying together. That's the bet the Cavs are making and I can't fault them for it. The move was well-timed.

The bet the Jazz made is that it might not, of course, at which point the Cavs pay a real price.

I think the dynamic of JZ and DA is an elite tag team... hope we keep JZ. The good cop bad cop routine seems to work.
"Look, I know what Danny is gonna say no to and what he's gonna say yes to, so if you don't wanna deal with an all-time mother-****er then we can negotiate in earnest here. If I have to go get him, then - let's be honest here - he's gonna ask for more and he's gonna be cranky about it. Do you really want that?"

Where are you getting this from?

"M" is for medial, not meniscus, “L” means ligament (cruciate [C] ligament in this case). Ligaments are connective tissue that connect bones (a structural REQUIREMENT for basic function), meniscus are padding on the insides of the knee.
From Dr. Nick on the Simpsons evidently. He did good work on Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg.

Perused the Cavs fans' messageboard. Was surprised by how bummed they were that Markkanen was in the deal. Seems like that's their biggest gripe as far as personnel they gave up. The next biggest bummer was Agbaji. No one seemed sad to see Sexton gone.