fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Post your worst case scenario for tonight.

I hated on JHS, Bilal, and Black but pretty hard core jazz fans and good basketball minds love those guys (Cy, Ferg, Eliza) so I have come around a bit on any of them at 9 to the point I wont freak out. (black would apparently be a steal there so I should probably be really happy with that)

I want to stay where we are with 9, 16, 28 cause I dont want to use assets to move up when I feel I will like guys at those spots. So my worst case scenario would be trading up to take a twin. Would also be pissed if we trade up for bilal or jhs. Would be bummed if we trade up to take black.

What say you?

Hendricks, George, trade out of 28. No takers for trading up and people we wanted to draft go right before our picks.

Entirely possible that the consensus top 8 go chalk, and then Bufkin, Coulibaly, Dick, and JHS go between 10 and 15.

Worse case scenario is not trading up and reaching for someone hard at 9. The good thing is I’m certain that is not going to happen.

Sucks for me that my favorites never get any jazz related buzz. Hendricks, Cam, Wallace, Hawkins, GG.... I rarely hear any of them linked to the jazz so I will probably be a little bummed no matter what tonight.

My worst case scenario is we draft 3 new players. I sincerely hope we target someone that means something to us, and do what is necessary to get them. And if we can get them naturally with any of our current picks, then I hope we trade out, or back, or something to add more talent, another vet, something more meaningful than 3 lottery tickets in the form of 3 young unproven players, which statistically have a better chance of bottoming out than becoming all NBA. So for me, I hope we do not end up drafting 3 players. That would be a huge miss to me. This is regarded as a stacked draft. So sell those picks high.

worst case would be trading up for somebody - and in the process losing significant assets - who turns out to be a bust while the guy sitting there at 9 or 16 becomes a really good nba player. and let's face it, everybody in that 4-10 range has significant bust potential.

there is no worst case if we stand pat. while everybody has bust potential, a ton of guys have the potential to be really good nba players - even the guys i wouldn't take at 9 like bilal, jhs, dick. bottom line, i can live with missing on a dude, what is harder for me to take is losing significant assets and still missing on that dude.

Drafting Coulibaly with the first pick would be that. Black is very divisive amongst fans but it wouldnt be a stretch to take him at 9(using a asset to trade up for him would be wrong IMO)and it would be interesting to see who is right and who is wrong about him. Drafting Keyonte George would be a tough one.

I think we trade 16 to move closer to 5. While I'm not overly concerned if we do, as a fan I want both picks.

I dont think that's in the cards at all. Could be there at 16 though.
Yea, it's honestly really hard to screw up number 9 imo. Hendricks is my least favorite guy and it's really hard to call him a worst case scenario. I'll be very surprised if the Jazz find a way to majorly bum me out tonight.

Post your worst case scenario for tonight.

I hated on JHS, Bilal, and Black but pretty hard core jazz fans and good basketball minds love those guys (Cy, Ferg, Eliza) so I have come around a bit on any of them at 9 to the point I wont freak out. (black would apparently be a steal there so I should probably be really happy with that)

I want to stay where we are with 9, 16, 28 cause I dont want to use assets to move up when I feel I will like guys at those spots. So my worst case scenario would be trading up to take a twin. Would also be pissed if we trade up for bilal or jhs. Would be bummed if we trade up to take black.

What say you?
Exact same boat. I really don't think Black will be that great. The dude shot is broken and people that can't shoot, don't really ever develop a shot in NBA (although most will say.... "well, if he gets a shot he'll be great").

EDIT: I also find Bilal very overrated.

Drafting Coulibaly with the first pick would be that. Black is very divisive amongst fans but it wouldnt be a stretch to take him at 9(using a asset to trade up for him would be wrong IMO)and it would be interesting to see who is right and who is wrong about him. Drafting Keyonte George would be a tough one.
I guess I should preface to say this is worst among realistic scenarios. I heard Coulibaly linked to the jazz at pick 9 on a a enough occasions to think its a possibility.

Bilal at 9, George at 16, and trade out at 28.

Best case:
Black or Walker at 9
Cam at 10 for the 16th, 28th, and Bertans and we turn Bertans into a very tradeable contract in 1 year.