What's new

Would buy Gobert rookie card?

couscous

Would you buy Gobert rookie card?

there is this one on ebay ... only $4600

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-Ru...945?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a50b7db51

$_1.JPG

You should definitely buy it. You should also pay the full price dont mess with bidding, who knows when a good deal like this will come around.

This seller must be out of their mind to let such a priceless commodity out of their hands for a low low price like this.

I got a couple of boxes of "good investments" under the stairs. If anyone is interested in paying real money for some cardboard and printers ink make me an offer.

If I could go back in time...I'd kick my twelve year old butt for ever thinking about spending my hard earned money or birthday money on sports cards. Utter waste.

If I could go back in time...I'd kick my twelve year old butt for ever thinking about spending my hard earned money or birthday money on sports cards. Utter waste.

Sounds like a waste of time travel, tbh. In 20 years, you should come back and kick your present self in the butt for wasting time travel on kicking your 12 year old self's butt, instead of buying lottery tickets. And then in 40 years, you should come back and buy lottery tickets instead of kicking 20 years in the future self's butt for once again wasting time travel. The butt kicking has to stop somewhere.

The backside of the card lists Gobert as a "Forward"...beware this card may be a Chinese knockoff.

You should definitely buy it. You should also pay the full price dont mess with bidding, who knows when a good deal like this will come around.

This seller must be out of their mind to let such a priceless commodity out of their hands for a low low price like this.

Are you the one selling it? :)

Don't buy it, way overpriced. Only buy cards as a hobby because if you but them as investments, you aren't going to be happy.

The basketball card industry is so flooded with cards nowadays its not even fun anymore. The players don't even sign on card anymore, they usually sign 100+ stickers at a time and the company puts the sticker on the card. Obviously there are some cards with on card auto's, but you get the gist.

Much easier to get a autograph now then it was 10 years ago. It's tainted, it used to be fun but not anymore.

I wholesale sports cards professionally.

National Treasures is a top set and so the seller of the above Gobert card has placed a ridiculous BIN price tag on the card in hopes somebody with deep pockets will buy it.

And I do much better with a return of sports card than I did when I invested in stocks.

I wholesale sports cards professionally.

National Treasures is a top set and so the seller of the above Gobert card has placed a ridiculous BIN price tag on the card in hopes somebody with deep pockets will buy it.

And I do much better with a return of sports card than I did when I invested in stocks.

The back of the card has a phrase that reads "A layup for an opposing players, is really just a set shot for Gobert." I'd like to believe if this isn't a fake, it would be grammatically correct. Thoughts?

Modern game-used & autos are pretty tough to counterfeit so I doubt it. If someone had their doubts they could spend $15 bucks to have the card professionally graded by BGS.

Modern game-used & autos are pretty tough to counterfeit so I doubt it. If someone had their doubts they could spend $15 bucks to have the card professionally graded by BGS.

Then if it came back fake? What then? You just wasted $4,000.

Then if it came back fake? What then? You just wasted $4,000.

People can't just make fake modern cards with ease. Even those who attempt to make fakes of vintage cards fail as those can be spotted by anyone who's familiar with fakes (I can spot fake MJ 1986-87 Fleer RCs with ease) but modern cards would need the proper technology, expertise and proper printing materials.

For that price, it's a waste even if it's real. I love Rudy, but there's no way in hell a card with his signature is worth anything close to that. The price along makes me suspicious of the seller.

The card is real. Since it's a 1/1 he's trying to sell it at a ridiculous price. Some people do this on eBay whether it's sports cards or artwork.

The card is real. Since it's a 1/1 he's trying to sell it at a ridiculous price. Some people do this on eBay whether it's sports cards or artwork.

Well, it lists him as a forward, as someone else pointed out, and then the language on back is incorrect. Pretty shoddy stuff for a so-called collectable, IMO. If this brand of Card is top of the line, I'd hate to see the low end.

Lol trust me I know a lot about cards too, I don't think it's fake I was just replying to your comment. I see it all the time where people overprice cards.

LeBron's rookie auto jersey card from the nicest brand of cards is worth 7-8 grand. No way Rudy is even close to that.

This is all so strange to me. I cannot imagine personally valuing an object like this unless I had met with Rudy and he signed it to inspire my child, or something like that. I honestly can't even figure out what this discussion about it being fake even means. Is it the authenticity of the signature that's in question? That is the only element that I can imagine would have any value at all. Do people even care who manufactured the actual card? It is a piece of junk (not well designed, incorrect facts, poor grammar, etc.). I just don't get it.