What's new

Would buy Gobert rookie card?

The guys who print these things must go to bed every night wondering how they could possibly be making such a fantastic living doing something so useless. No wonder some athletes don't want to autograph things. I'd be pissed off too if people were bothering me to scribble on their **** and then pawning it off to other retards for thousands of dollars. This is so unbeleviably stoooopid!

I was buying Gobert autos for $1-3 prior to him blowing up. Mind y'all they were from lesser sets and not from National Treasures. After Rudy exploded in February I moved almost all of them.

This is all so strange to me. I cannot imagine personally valuing an object like this unless I had met with Rudy and he signed it to inspire my child, or something like that. I honestly can't even figure out what this discussion about it being fake even means. Is it the authenticity of the signature that's in question? That is the only element that I can imagine would have any value at all. Do people even care who manufactured the actual card? It is a piece of junk (not well designed, incorrect facts, poor grammar, etc.). I just don't get it.

The explanation is that the card is 1/1, which doesn't really make sense to me. That suggests it's #1 of 1 card made, no? Maybe it's one set made? Yet, on the back of the card, it has the number 112. There has to be something more to it than just the autograph. I don't think Rudy's signature would be worth that much on anything, except maybe a bar of gold.

Last edited:
I would never spend significant money on something for a signature. About 15 years ago, I worked for a company that sold rock and roll memorabilia, with a lot of stuff signed by rock stars. The company seemed legitimate, as they did have a lot of connections in the business. At one point, someone higher up in the company confided in me that they had had a lot of complaints about the authenticity(most stuff even came with certificates of authenticity). As it turned out, someone looked into the company and determined that between 33% and 50% of all the stuff they sold had fake signatures. Anymore, I don't think I'd trust a signature without a picture of the person signing with the person receiving.

The explanation is that the card is 1/1, which doesn't really make sense to me. That suggests it's #1 of 1 card made, no? Maybe it's one set made? Yet, on the back of the card, it has the number 112. There has to be something more to it than just the autograph. I don't think Rudy's signature would be worth that much on anything, except maybe a bar of gold.

It's a 1/1. Yes - card 1 of 1. #112 is the card number in the set. The seller is asking a lot because it's from National Treasures (Panini's best, most-expensive set). Though nobody is going to pay that amount for the card unless Gobert becomes a superstar. Also, the NBA logo is taken from Gobert's jersey that Gobert wore - but player-worn doesn't necessarily mean he wore it in a game - he could have worn the jersey at a rookie premiere or a similar event.

If the value really is because it's 1/1 then I'm going to make a whole bunch of 1/1 things and sell them for rediculous amounts of money to the morons who think that there's something special about having a one-of-a-kind piece of crap. After all, apparently all I need to do is make a differenty typo on every one in order to make it a one-of-a-kind collector's item.

BTW, you can purchase this unique post for only $46K. It even contains a typo as promised.

Nah. why go with one of those. Pay the $4,600 for the one that lists him as a forward with the cheesy statement about volleyball and the grammatical error. I'm sure in a few years that card will be worth $46.00.