What's new

Would you Flip Conley for Paul this Off-Season?

Would You Trade Conley for Paul

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jom2003

This is really a question of which guy is easier to trade/which guy could you get the most for. Either guy cripples you - so it's all about trade value.

My gut says that is Paul - so probably Paul. If I were forced to keep the guy for the duration of the contract, I probably stick with Conley since Paul is significantly older, makes more money and has more years left on his deal. $30MM for that dude when he's 40? ouch.
I mean we are stuck with Conley for 2 more seasons anyways so it's not like we have anything to lose. We ain't gonna get anywhere close to contention with Conley. Neither can we get any meaningful rebuilding piece for him. Trading him for CP3 now might not help the case anymore but it certainly won't make it much worse than it already is. We'd dump Conley's 2yr garbage deal for a bag of chips right now if we can but sadly it's just not possible

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
If the question is simply between Paul and Conley then Paul is the obvious answer. Far better even at this point in their careers. Likely to continue to be better.

But really the answer is neither. We need to do better this off-season.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
The real question is would you flip Rudy for Ayton?

I'm kind of kidding because we can't receive a player in a sign and trade unless we drop and stay below the salary apron. But if they worked around it I wonder what team says no.

Hekate

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
The real question is would you flip Rudy for Ayton?

I'm kind of kidding because we can't receive a player in a sign and trade unless we drop and stay below the salary apron. But if they worked around it I wonder what team says no.
Both fanbases would hate this trade for multiple reasons until the trade happens then both fanbases would love the trade and try to justify it.

TheGoldStandard

Paul is smart, so age doesn't scare me as much with him. He is better than Conley, but makes more for longer. We'd have to give up more than Conley to do this hypothetical, and I don't think the Suns do it anyway.

Also, he is a whiny dick puncher...

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
As opposed to pairing Mitchell with Mike and Royce which is a disaster defensively. I that that those aren’t our only two options, though.
Its a little troubling that the Suns model didn't work. They are basically better than us at every position other than center.

I would be fine with a straight swap but I am very much opposed to trading any picks right now.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Its a little troubling that the Suns model didn't work. They are basically better than us at every position other than center.

I would be fine with a straight swap but I am very much opposed to trading any picks right now.
I’ll qualify this by saying I didn’t really watch their series, but this is an example of where small sample sizes can be prone to outliers. This is true, but also kinda the glue Quin sniffs thinking that his three-years-in-a-row isn’t a large enough sample.

Hekate

As opposed to pairing Mitchell with Mike and Royce which is a disaster defensively. I that that those aren’t our only two options, though.
Conley isn't a defensive liability yet, holds his own well. Just doesn't impact it beyond his own position. He doesn't need to be hidden. He isn't solving anything but he isn't necessarily the problem.

The thread continues to say CP3 covered the least distance among 54 guards that qualified. The lengths Suns go to hide him, Jazz try to do for Mitchell. Suns just do a better job because they have Mikal, Crowder, Ayton who are plus defensively and Booker doesn't hide and takes on tough assignments.

I am firmly in the blow it all up camp.