What's new

Would You Trade Favors for Cousins?

Would You Trade Favors for Cousins?

• Total voters
No doubting cousins talents but his mindset and he doesn't fit in Utah lifetstyle, Favors is a better fit and he loves Utah and not only that along side Rudy I think Favors fits much better

What is Cousins lifestyle? Sitting around eating ho-hos and twinkies?

I make the trade because we are far too talent deficient to worry about ***** **** like off the court anything. Cousins Hayward and gobert is a championship caliber core in terms of talent. He would get along with rudy for sure.

I make the trade because we are far too talent deficient to worry about ***** **** like off the court anything. Cousins Hayward and gobert is a championship caliber core in terms of talent. He would get along with rudy for sure.

It has nothing to do with off the court. I dont think Cousins is a bad person at all.

It's his on the court attitude that is the problem.

I'm not debating the merits of your post.. but please expound on the last 9 words.
No worries mate I meant as a teammate eg: if things go wrong in a game or a season etc, we know how volatile cousins is. favors we know what he's like so its more a personality/ team mate fit than skill- Cousins might have the talent but thats all Id acknowledge.

I think that his bad body language is mostly a factor of playing on **** teams that fire his favorite coach to hire Corbin. Hayward's body language sucked *** last year too.

It has nothing to do with off the court. I dont think Cousins is a bad person at all.

Totally agree thats the blocker to me why we would not trade, on court attitude, how volatile he is, how he would fit in with our other pieces, if things go wrong etc- thats a red flag for me

Much more fair post than I have seen from you re: Cuz. I can take that.

I like players that are rough around the edges like Artest and Rodman but those were complimentary players that wouldn't completely derail your team if they went completely off the deep end. In the case of Cousins you are building your team around this basket case which is risky business. I'd keep Favors and make up for the talent deficit at other positions.

Ok, let's ask this question a different way: Who would you rather have as a trade asset? I can absolutely relate to fans who say they'd rather have Favors as part of a team going forward, but as an asset, I hope nobody is confused over trade value. Straight up there should be no question, and I'm about as big of a Jazz homer as you might find.

Ok, let's ask this question a different way: Who would you rather have as a trade asset? I can absolutely relate to fans who say they'd rather have Favors as part of a team going forward, but as an asset, I hope nobody is confused over trade value. Straight up there should be no question, and I'm about as big of a Jazz homer as you might find.

#jazzhomo

nice post, btw.

No, for every reason you stated, minus the part about being the biggest bish. The entire Clippers team take rankings 1-12.

image.american-apparel-unisex-athletic-tee.athletic-blue.w460h520b3z1.jpg

CP3-CLASSIC-FLOP.png

142429583_crop_exact.jpg

bb.jpg

I think that his bad body language is mostly a factor of playing on **** teams that fire his favorite coach to hire Corbin. Hayward's body language sucked *** last year too.

Good point. Sacramento has repeatedly f'd things up. Has to be difficult to play on a perennial 25 win team that has had 7 different head coaches in the last 8 years.

That said, I voted no. As others have said, Favors has improved every season. He likes Utah and is developing a great rapport with Gobert. I love that twitter exchange being the best rim protector. No question Cousins is the better basketball player. But is he or would he be a better teammate?

Worth the gamble.

Just my input, a front court of Cousins and Gobert would be the best in the league.

These.

I had to think about for a minute but I definitely make the trade if it's straight up favors for cousins.

Kings would never do it straight up though.... we would have to sweeten the deal considerably

I don't get it... people always want to have a superstar on this team, but aren't willing to trade for one? I absolutely love Favors, but to say you wouldn't trade him for Cousins is stupid. Cousins is a special one of a kind player who is an ascending star in this league and is already a probable top 5 offensive player. If you have a chance to become one of the best teams in the league, you damn well take that chance. Cousins needs the right pieces around him (i.e a strong coach), but he is a top player. If he's winning, he tries harder on defense. The beginning of this season showed that. Winning solves a lot of problems.

This Favors for Cousins straight up scenario would never take place, but you can't say no if it does present itself - you simply don't say no when you get the chance to obtain a player who is the elite among the elite. And let me reiterate, this is with me really loving Favors as a player already.