What's new

Would you trade the entire Jazz roster for the entire Kentucky roster?

....... if this involves trading Burks, then I have to tell you a few things about him and DeMar DeRozan............

brb

was wondering when Hinkie would join the Jazzfanz

I8-gZsig.jpeg

I read it, Bawse.

I would say no.

However, would be way more fun to do it by position. MUST pick one group, each position.

Tyler Ulis and Andrew Harrison
Or
Trey Burke and Dante Exum
(I go Jazz, easily)

Devin Booker and Aaron Harrison
Or
Burks and Ingles
(I take Kentucky)

Alex Poythress and Trey Lyles
Or
Gordon Hayward and Rodney Hood
(Duh, Jazz)

Karl Towns and Marcus Lee
Or
Derrick Favors and Trevor Booker
(Jazz by slim margin)

WCS and Dakari Johnson
Or
Gobert and
(Jazz)

So it's Jazz by a landslide.

Nah, the jazz just ended a 3.5 year relationship with a Kentucky guy. Color me unimpressed.

The team the jazz has is great. Team chemistry is coming together, players are developing new skills and there is improvement on several fronts. Kentucky players rely on their athletic or physical superiority at all 5 positions to win. If those players made it to the nba, and they were no longer superior athletes, they would struggle.

Nah, the jazz just ended a 3.5 year relationship with a Kentucky guy. Color me unimpressed.

The team the jazz has is great. Team chemistry is coming together, players are developing new skills and there is improvement on several fronts. Kentucky players rely on their athletic or physical superiority at all 5 positions to win. If those players made it to the nba, and they were no longer superior athletes, they would struggle.
Although we agree on the conclusion, I disagree with your analysis. You state it as if the UK guys are simply big and void of skill or basketball talent, which is really dumb.

It is certainly an amazing team, but there are only 4 to 5 guys on the Kentucky roster that will even make it to the NBA in some lasting way. I wouldn't trade 12 for 12, but would certainly trade a number of Jazz pieces for Karl Anthony Towns. It is also likely that Utah will have its choice of Wildcats in the draft as Cauley-Stein and Lyles will both be available when Utah will likely pick in the late lottery and Dakari and the Harrison twins will be there in the 2nd round for either of Utah's picks there. No need to trade for a roster, when you can probably just pick the ones you might want.

It is certainly an amazing team, but there are only 4 to 5 guys on the Kentucky roster that will even make it to the NBA in some lasting way. I wouldn't trade 12 for 12, but would certainly trade a number of Jazz pieces for Karl Anthony Towns. It is also likely that Utah will have its choice of Wildcats in the draft as Cauley-Stein and Lyles will both be available when Utah will likely pick in the late lottery and Dakari and the Harrison twins will be there in the 2nd round for either of Utah's picks there. No need to trade for a roster, when you can probably just pick the ones you might want.

Good and reasonable post.

I really see the only potential starters as (in order);
Towns
WCS
Booker
Lyles
---- ends the likely starter part ----
Andrew Harrison
Alex Poythress
Aaron Harrison
Tyler Ulis
Dakari Johnson
Marcus Lee

I think those 10 make a roster, but only 7 make multi-year careers.

Who here would trade all opponents the Jazz have faced for the opponents Kentucky has faced this year.

I say yes to all. Kentucky opponents in a landslide.

Better question would be if you would trade the Jazz roster for any 15 players from this draft.

Mudiay Grant
Russell Hezonja Booker
Johnson Oubre Winslow
Towns Kristaps Looney
Okafor Wille Turner

Thats a lot of talent. Its probably more talent than the Jazz have but I would still stick with our team because we have some proven players in the NBA and I like this roster. I am guessing a lot of GMS would trade their roster for that lineup though.

Better question would be if you would trade the Jazz roster for any 15 players from this draft.

Mudiay Grant
Russell Hezonja Booker
Johnson Oubre Winslow
Towns Kristaps Looney
Okafor Wille Turner

Thats a lot of talent. Its probably more talent than the Jazz have but I would still stick with our team because we have some proven players in the NBA and I like this roster. I am guessing a lot of GMS would trade their roster for that lineup though.
I would trade it.