What's new

Wouldn't that Enes trade be great?

Actually, the Jazz are NOT disappointed with Kanter's development. Maybe a little slower than it should be. But the old school of thought was that it took bigs 5 years to develop - and that was back in the days when they actually had multiple years of college. Listen to Lindsey's interview. He said the Jazz believe in Kanter as a person and player and like his work ethic. They like him as a young player. Utah is going to stroke his ego and have him back playing hard. Over the last month, I've seen a lot of good signs by Enes, Hos agent keeps going back to a couple of wasted seasons, but is happy with the current coaching staff. Things will be patched up.

I agree with your comments but the reality is that the Jazz have 3 starting bigs who are young and want to play and start. Someone isn't going to be happy. The Jazz will have a tough decision to make so I think they need to make the hard decision now and get someone for one of the bigs. I like all three guys. Each guy has their own strengths and weaknesses but I think Kanter is the guy who has to go simply because if you sign him to a big contract then you have to start him. This will eventually make Gobert unhappy.

Do you think OKC needs more scoring? Do they really need another guy to score? Seems to me that they have plenty of scoring coming from Westbrook and Durant. Even if they did need more scoring, what good is a guy to them that is the worst passer ever and can't play defense?

Actually, having watched OKC at least 5 games this season, scoring is EXACTLY what they could use right now. Durant is limping through the season and teams are gaining up on Westbrook. He can't do it all. Serge has never been a back to the basket scorer. He is a drive and pop release valve when Durant and Westbrook can't do it all. I don't think it's a terrible trade for OKC if they want to get into the playoffs. Perkins gives them nothing. Kanter makes them more potent offensively and gives them some toughness. Lamb is a nice piece (not steller). Kanter helps get them into the playoffs and is off. Perkins cashes the Jazz up. OKC is probably giving up too much for a playoff rental but Kanter could buy them time while Durant heals up for a playoff push.

Probably depends on how bad they want to make the playoffs.

Actually, having watched OKC at least 5 games this season, scoring is EXACTLY what they could use right now. Durant is limping through the season and teams are gaining up on Westbrook. He can't do it all. Serge has never been a back to the basket scorer. He is a drive and pop release valve when Durant and Westbrook can't do it all. I don't think it's a terrible trade for OKC if they want to get into the playoffs. Perkins gives them nothing. Kanter makes them more potent offensively and gives them some toughness. Lamb is a nice piece (not steller). Kanter helps get them into the playoffs and is off. Perkins cashes the Jazz up. OKC is probably giving up too much for a playoff rental but Kanter could buy them time while Durant heals up for a playoff push.

Probably depends on how bad they want to make the playoffs.

Pretty badly. The FO has to show they have what it takes to make moves to make the team better to build up KD's confidence in the team, making OKC more attractive to re-sign. They don't even have to give up that much in assets to get Kanter. It's basically their mid-late 1st rounder (will probably be early 20's) for Kanter. They don't use Lamb now that they have Waiters and Kanter is an upgrade to Perkins.

Pretty badly. The FO has to show they have what it takes to make moves to make the team better to build up KD's confidence in the team, making OKC more attractive to re-sign. They don't even have to give up that much in assets to get Kanter. It's basically their mid-late 1st rounder (will probably be early 20's) for Kanter. They don't use Lamb now that they have Waiters and Kanter is an upgrade to Perkins.

Agreed. I think it is one of the more reasonable trades that has been suggested. I doubt that they toss in Perry Jones too though. Kanter + asset (2nd rounder, Novak, steamy picture of KOC's wife or something) for Perkins and Lamb at the core makes good sense for both groups in my humble opinion. Jazz get back to a great spot financially and they get a quality 3 to add to the mix of youth. Perkins brings some fight to the table, but probably doesn't stick around for next year.

I agree with your comments but the reality is that the Jazz have 3 starting bigs who are young and want to play and start. Someone isn't going to be happy. The Jazz will have a tough decision to make so I think they need to make the hard decision now and get someone for one of the bigs. I like all three guys. Each guy has their own strengths and weaknesses but I think Kanter is the guy who has to go simply because if you sign him to a big contract then you have to start him. This will eventually make Gobert unhappy.

I agree that Kanter is the odd man out. He doesn't play winning basketball and just doesn't fit the style we are trying to establish. We want ball movement and bigs that can pass. Gobert is a defensive force AND is showing signs of becoming a very good passer. Time to to get what we can for Kanter because resigning him to a big deal would be a huge waste of money.

I agree that Kanter is the odd man out. He doesn't play winning basketball and just doesn't fit the style we are trying to establish. We want ball movement and bigs that can pass. Gobert is a defensive force AND is showing signs of becoming a very good passer. Time to to get what we can for Kanter because resigning him to a big deal would be a huge waste of money.

First of all, I think Kanter needs to be traded for the best possible option. However when you say that Kanter doesn't play winning basketball and doesn't fit what we are trying to establish. I have to ask, when was the last time Kanter was a part of playing winning basketball with the Jazz? And second of all what kind of basketball are we trying to establish?? Since Kanter was drafted in 2011, when were we a winning organization for him to learn from? Jazz style?? I have been a Jazz fan since the 80's and the "Jazz style" used to be winning. What is it now? Trying not to lose by very much? Kanter has the right to be frustrated, out management needs to begin to focus on winning.

U r dumb

How can you say out one side of your mouth that Kanter sucks. He can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't play defense. But oh man, put him on OKC what a monster he is gonna be. Push Adams and Ibaka aside folks, here comes Kanter.

Give me a break. You and every person who likes your post are a bunch of brain dead retards.

I'm sure Westbrook and Durant are just gonna love his no defense ball stopping style of play.

Good one. You officially have hit rock bottom

Just stop. OKC could have five future all stars after this trade. Kanter fits in perfectly in fact they might even trade us Adams for him.