What's new

Yes or No. The Jazz need to tank for the better chance of picking up a higher caliber player.

oyster

There is so many opinions in this forum that I am not sure how the majority feels.

Do you want the Jazz to loose the majority or rest of their games for a chance at a better draft pick?

There is so many opinions in this forum that I am not sure how the majority feels.

Do you want the Jazz to loose the majority or rest of their games for a chance at a better draft pick?

Yes

I don't care as long as trey, Alec, Gordon, favors, kanter, Gobert and Evans are getting the minutes. if RJ, marv and rush keep playing then hell yes.

I want the Jazz to play the young guys and I want the Jazz to get the lowest possible pick in the draft. What would even be better is the Jazz team barely misses the playoffs and then gets really lucky in the draft or even better the Jazz knock out the Warriors and then the GS pick finds the podium and the Jazz get a top 3 pick.

The most likely is the Jazz getting a top 8 pick and the young guys improving. :-(.

What the hell? There was a poll earlier today, what happened to it?

If they're not picking up a high caliber player in the draft then where will they get one? Free Agency? Well, there's Greg Monroe, he's a decent double/double guy but I don't think he nets 10-15 wins for Utah with the squad they have now. Plus he's an RFA. Trade? When was the last time The Jazz traded for a high caliber player? Have they ever traded for a high caliber player? Hornacek? Yeah, he was an AS but was on the back nine of his career by the time he ended up in Utah. As I said before the 3 biggest moves in franchise history that have resulted in the most net wins are as follows:

1-Drafting Malone
2-Drafting Stockton
3-Drafting Deron Williams

So given Utah's 1-14 start and the position they're in now - is there any other viable option to get better next year than tanking this year?

is there any other viable option to get better next year than tanking this year?

I want to tank as much as just about anyone (cept ugli and spy, they want to tank hardest of all) but i would say that we will surely be better next year simply from the guys we have getting better + our draft picks (regardless of where they fall) plus a decent bench acrued through free agency.

But i dont just want to be better next year........ I want to make the playoffs next year and i do believe that is gonna probably require a top 5 or so pick in this draft due to how tough the west is.

I want to tank as much as just about anyone (cept ugli and spy, they want to tank hardest of all) but i would say that we will surely be better next year simply from the guys we have getting better + our draft picks (regardless of where they fall) plus a decent bench acrued through free agency.

But i dont just want to be better next year........ I want to make the playoffs next year and i do believe that is gonna probably require a top 5 or so pick in this draft due to how tough the west is.

True - I should have said significantly better. Right now, the Core 5 plus some serviceable role players are about a 40 win team. If they stand pat, next year I'd guess they'd be a good 5-7 games better. That's still only 45 or 47 wins. To crack 50 wins (which given the present personnel and available cap space is a reasonable goal) they need one more player better than Hayward.

I was always for playing the young guys and seeing why results bear out. After that I didn't care about wins or losses. If they win they may not need a total superstar (though history suggests that rather unlikely) and if they lose they get it.

Still have the same opinion now.

My yearly expectations of the Jazz:

1. Win as many games as possible.

2. "Give it all you've got"

3. Be entertaining.

I saw that coming from a mile away ^^^^^

Lose now (for a shot at a high draft pick)or pay later when we continue to be 8th seed fodder.
That said Id like to see all the young guys playing max minutes and see less off Marv and RJ