What's new

Yesterday - Bundy Ranch

GoJazz

Free Speech Zones - BLM creates 1st Amendment Zones (Cages) in Mesquite/Bunkerville Area.

BLM Cops arresting people for video taping outside the 1st amendment zone. Who cares about some cows, this is about the 1st amendment and your freedom of speech.

https://www.thespectrum.com/article...een-ranchers-federal-officials-ends-in-arrest

I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, you should care about this alarming trend of the government setting up 1st amendment cages and only allowing protest within that area.

Wow. I've heard of free speech zones in urban areas, mostly of the East Coast variety, which is really stupid in itself, but I didn't know they tried to pull that **** in rural areas too.

They are passing all sorts of laws limiting free speech to protect major agricultural concerns.

BLM Cops arresting people for video taping outside the 1st amendment zone. Who cares about some cows, this is about the 1st amendment and your freedom of speech.

https://www.thespectrum.com/article...een-ranchers-federal-officials-ends-in-arrest

I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, you should care about this alarming trend of the government setting up 1st amendment cages and only allowing protest within that area.

Free speech zones are ridiculous, but this ridiculousness has been around for decades now. And with the current makeup of the Supreme Court, they're here to stay, since none of those clowns give a damn about the Constitution or liberty.

And since when do cops think they have some sort of right to not be filmed in public?

Factory farming. Google AgGag laws.

Ah, I see. Most of the workers at those types of places are less than intelligent beings who think it's funny to abuse cows, chickens, etc. Sad stuff.

I dislike the term 'Factory Farming'. Farmers don't raise animals.

I'll be honest OB, I was expecting you to spew a bunch of crap about transgenic crops.

We've been changing the genes of crops for centuries. We're just able to be a little more direct about it now.

Of course, there are still issues with bad planning and with corporate greed. For example, some weeds are becoming resistant to RoundUp. However, once you use the stuff, it's very hard to change to another type of crop for several years, as I understand it. However, this happens with or without technological innovation.

We've been changing the genes of crops for centuries. We're just able to be a little more direct about it now.

Of course, there are still issues with bad planning and with corporate greed. For example, some weeds are becoming resistant to RoundUp. However, once you use the stuff, it's very hard to change to another type of crop for several years, as I understand it. However, this happens with or without technological innovation.

The bolded is false.

The problem is the misuse of roundup ready crops. The more you use it, the more likely resistance will be selected. Farmers in the midwest are using a rotation of RR corn and RR soybeans. They need to break up their rotation with something that isn't RR so that we don't lose that resistance. Hard to blame the companies for that, the farmers should be smarter, as well as extension agents.

Cow farmers have property right on BLM land. Why do you chose free speech over property my friend?

america is dead.

seems like the constitutin is no more.

WHOAHAHHAHAHAH welcome to mother america. bow down to your supreme dictator osama bin barack obama

Ryan Bundy said of Sunday’s incident with his brother. “America is not the land of the free and the home of the free anymore, and this is the evidence of it.”

Isn't brave in there somewhere?

Sunday marked the first reported physical confrontation between family members and the agency since the BLM announced this week it would start impounding cattle that it says has been trespassing on U.S. land without proper grazing permits for more than 25 years.

How hard is it to get a grazing permit? Is this an issue of not wanting to go to the trouble to get a permit? Lots of activities require permits, so how bad is it to secure the proper grazing permit to begin with?

According to this specific story the BLM started to round up this ranchers cattle on Sunday and the family showed up and started filming them. BLM had snipers that trained their rifles at the family and BLM agents forced them to leave. One guy did not and was tackled and arrested, he has since been released. Now Washington and Iron counties, along with the Sherriffs of the two counties, have sent letters to the BLM supervisor for the state of NV (where this all happened) and have blasted them for focusing on this families cattle instead of the wild horse populations that they are supposed to control and are not. The two counties have vowed to take the wild horse "problem" into their own hands.

This has people in the area quite upset at the Feds.

I must have misunderstood something I read. Thank you for the correction.

Not a big deal. That kind of stuff is in my area of "expertise". Not saying I know it all, but I know more than the average person.

It's one of those things where people that don't know a lot about agriculture are going to be confused by it, so we just have to do a better job at explaining it.

What I am hear ing is that this is blowing up.

The NV governor wrote the BLM and voiced his displeasure
Washington county sheriff's would not let the BLM trucks with the cattle enter Utah
The auction house in Utah is trying to hide their FB pages as its blowing up
A support the Bundys web page had the three founders placed on the terrorist watch list
Iron county threatened to arrest the drivers of any BLM trucks found in iron county for robbery

All rumors and none of it supported by fact or reporting yet.

I just got home. Spent the evening with the Bundy kids. Good people.
The real issue is they have been raising cattle for more than a hundred years on the land. In times of financial hardship they freely fed surrounding communities and in times of uptick they profited. Later, the feds come in and demand payment for the grazing lands... they've been arguing the validity. Now the feds want to remove all livestock in an interest to provide more land for the desert tortoise (what an immense pile of ****). The ranchers are being called trespassers.. but they counter, "who is the trespasser here."

I have to say.. I am PISSED. I've never been one to be anti-government, but I learned A LOT tonight and our abuse of power and govt WASTE is on FULL display in Bunkerville, NV.

Imagine, the govt is saying they will spend $3mm rounding up 900 cattle. Thats something 3 or 4 cowboys on horse could do in a few days.

Disgusting. Going back on Saturday.

Godspeed to the Bundy's.