What's new

You all have the picks situation wrong!!!

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
We traded the Grizzlies 1st round pick, top 16 protected in 2011, top 14 protected in 2012, top 9 protected in 2013 to Minnesota. We also traded a FUTURE 1st round pick to Minnesota, so regardless of what happens the rest of this season we will have a 1st round pick this year. Either it will be a lottery pick(looks like it by the way we are playing) or a ick in the phigh teens.

"Receives Utah's 2011 first-round pick (top-16 protected in 2011, top-14 protected in 2012, top-12 protected in 2013, top-9 protected from right to swap in 2014, else 2014 second-round pick) via the Al Jefferson trade on 7/13/10."

Nope, wrong.

We traded the Grizzlies 1st round pick, top 16 protected in 2011, top 14 protected in 2012, top 9 protected in 2013 to Minnesota. We also traded a FUTURE 1st round pick to Minnesota, so regardless of what happens the rest of this season we will have a 1st round pick this year. Either it will be a lottery pick(looks like it by the way we are playing) or a ick in the phigh teens.

No. The protection you listed on the Ronnie Brewer-pick is incorrect. The Memphis pick that Utah sent to Minnesota is protected top-14 in 2011, top-12 in 2012, top-10 in 2013, top-9 in 2014 and 2015 - then defaults to a cash payment.

The Utah 1st-rnd pick that the Jazz traded to Minnesota has the following protections:
2011: top-16 protected
2012: top-14 protected
2013: top-9 protected
2014: option to swap 1st-round picks with Utah
-if T-Wolves don't receive Utah's pick before 2013 and opt not to swap picks - they automatically receive Utah's 2014 2nd-rnd pick.

It looks like the Jazz might just get to keep the pick this year. Memphis is within one and a half games of Denver, Portland, and us. They have been playing great ball lately.

Crap, now I gotta start paying attention to college ball and draft picks again? After last year's let down, I don't know if I can do it.

This kind of pick?

jon_picking_his_nose.jpg

This draft is going to be terrible and the 2012 draft will probably kick historic *** if there isn't a new CBA reached by the declaration deadline. **** having a pick this year, and **** this notion that the team is better off sucking down the stretch. If there is a worse time to have a bad year, I would like to know when.

This draft is going to be terrible and the 2012 draft will probably kick historic *** if there isn't a new CBA reached by the declaration deadline. **** having a pick this year, and **** this notion that the team is better off sucking down the stretch. If there is a worse time to have a bad year, I would like to know when.

But Jimmer might slip to 14th. This team would be unbeatable...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to franklin again.

You thought that was supposed to be funny? Apparently you've never had ick in the phigh.

Maybe if you'd use the correct terminology people might better understand. Ick is the slang term for Ichthyophthirius multifilis. A nasty little parasite. Rub some malachite green mixed for fomaldehyde on your phigh. It'll get better.