What's new

You all have the picks situation wrong!!!

This draft is going to be terrible and the 2012 draft will probably kick historic *** if there isn't a new CBA reached by the declaration deadline. **** having a pick this year, and **** this notion that the team is better off sucking down the stretch. If there is a worse time to have a bad year, I would like to know when.

This is so absolutely true. I wish more people here would realize this when they talk about wanting to be in the lottery this year. We need to make the playoffs THIS YEAR, so we can have a 1st round pick in a stocked draft next year.

So please tell me people, who will be in the draft next year that will not be draft eligible this year?
What group of H.S. Seniors has you all thinking it will be the best draft ever?

I really don't think players will not enter the draft even if there is a lockout. Being drafted in the first round as a lock is still better than waiting a year to risk injury. All or most first rounders will still enter the draft, don't kid yourselves.

So please tell me people, who will be in the draft next year that will not be draft eligible this year?

I really don't think players will not enter the draft even if there is a lockout. Being drafted in the first round as a lock is still better than waiting a year to risk injury. All or most first rounders will still enter the draft, don't kid yourselves.

I guess we differ on opinion, but I don't think people in the know would be saying that some players are considering staying in school if there weren't players considering staying in school. In addition, many who cover the draft are expecting this to be a relatively weak draft to begin with.

Maybe 1st rounders aren't guaranteed contracts? If a player is that worried about being injured, they probably should stop playing sports. I don't think anyone with a brain would sacrifice a chance to improve their game, keep their scholarship, and possibly IMPROVE their draft stock to sit around not making money and not playing basketball or go to the grandeur of the D-League or Europe.

Maybe 1st rounders aren't guaranteed contracts? If a player is that worried about being injured, they probably should stop playing sports. I don't think anyone with a brain would sacrifice a chance to improve their game, keep their scholarship, and possibly IMPROVE their draft stock to sit around not making money and not playing basketball or go to the grandeur of the D-League or Europe.

I guess it just depends on if they get guaranteed contracts. I would take one and sit on it for a bit if I knew I was a 1st rounder. So I wait a bit, but I am for sure in the league when it comes back. If I go another year, yes I may work on my game, but it doesn't always work out that way. Some players stick around another year and it hurts them instead of helping.

If the 1st rounders do not get guaranteed contracts because of the lockout, you are probably right.
I doubt it though.

But Jimmer might slip to 14th. This team would be unbeatable...

image.php