What's new

You could own AK's SLC house

Yeah NY/NE have such horrible selections of women. I mean look at the women Jeter & Brady have ended up with. Just hideous! When you are rich and famous you have the pick of the litter everywhere.

Yeah, but if you are just looking for a 1 night stand. SLC has a far superior selection. Also if you are just a run of the mill player making say, 3,4,5, mill a year and you are living in Manhattan. You're just another dude. In SLC you are the man.

Yeah, but if you are just looking for a 1 night stand. SLC has a far superior selection. Also if you are just a run of the mill player making say, 3,4,5, mill a year and you are living in Manhattan. You're just another dude. In SLC you are the man.

Uhh. You know the Knicks are revered in NY no matter what, right? And that there are at least 5 times as many people (including women) as here, right? And that there's not an overbearing premium placed on being a prude, right?

Uhh. You know the Knicks are revered in NY no matter what, right? And that there are at least 5 times as many people (including women) as here, right? And that there's not an overbearing premium placed on being a prude, right?

You know there is literally nobody to compete with in SLC right? Ever heard of the Nets, Jets, Giants, Mets, Yankees, Rangers, Devils, Islanders and Red Bulls? Not to mention all the hollywood types that frequent NYC as well as the uber rich wall street yuppies. You know they probably aren't looking for chicks in relief society meetings here right? As someone who spent a lot of my misguided youth in Provo, the mecca of prude, I can assure you its not hard to get some even from the mormons. You just gotta know where to look.

So your argument is a NBA player would have a tough time getting laid in NY?

You know there is literally nobody to compete with in SLC right? Ever heard of the Nets, Jets, Giants, Mets, Yankees, Rangers, Devils, Islanders and Red Bulls? Not to mention all the hollywood types that frequent NYC as well as the uber rich wall street yuppies. You know they probably aren't looking for chicks in relief society meetings here right? As someone who spent a lot of my misguided youth in Provo, the mecca of prude, I can assure you its not hard to get some even from the mormons. You just gotta know where to look.
Because women can only have sex with one person.

Anyway, you missed the math in the equation anyway. There is no way there are more women - attractive or not - in play in a metropolitan area of, what, a million people than an area with ten million+ and stark lacking of superstitious slut-shaming in contrast on top of that.

Boston is pretty awesome, and NYC is simply unmatched worldwide in so many areas. o_O

You guys are so negative.

Boston is pretty awesome, and NYC is simply unmatched worldwide in so many areas. o_O

You guys are so negative.

I love Boston, but on the topic of women? Ehh... the rumors kind of hold water from my experience (albeit limited).

Interesting that Zillow's Zestimate is only ~$700,000 for that house:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1406-E-Perrys-Hollow-Rd-Salt-Lake-City-UT-84103/2115868290_zpid/

Not that Zillow is ever super accurate, but they usually are in ballpark at least. My first thought was "Overpriced". But it does like a nice spot.

Yeah, this is way off imo. It's listed far too high in this economy IMO. As far as decor goes, it's pretty lame, cold, and for the most part, the same in every room, thus giving it zero character. I can deal with "cold" if it has style but it has very, very little. The bathrooms (for what little they showed of them) were terrible given the price tag. It's a huge house and it has an excellent pool which means given it's three quarters of an acre, there's little to no yard which is freakin' retarded if you're going to pay that much in an area like SLC with its' spectacular surroundings. To me, someone out there could buy the land (say 1.5 acres) and build a better, kickass house for far less.

Interesting that Zillow's Zestimate is only ~$700,000 for that house:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1406-E-Perrys-Hollow-Rd-Salt-Lake-City-UT-84103/2115868290_zpid/

Not that Zillow is ever super accurate, but they usually are in ballpark at least. My first thought was "Overpriced". But it does like a nice spot.

Zillow is garbage in Utah. I think there are laws passed here making the sale price on homes only accessible by realtors, so Zillow is making wild guesses in Utah.

It's nuts. For how much everyone runs around saying they want freedom and are conservative, we pay extremely high taxes, and there is a HUGE good ol' boys club here, and there is not any sort of transparency here.

Yeah, this is way off imo. It's listed far too high in this economy IMO. As far as decor goes, it's pretty lame, cold, and for the most part, the same in every room, thus giving it zero character. I can deal with "cold" if it has style but it has very, very little. The bathrooms (for what little they showed of them) were terrible given the price tag. It's a huge house and it has an excellent pool which means given it's three quarters of an acre, there's little to no yard which is freakin' retarded if you're going to pay that much in an area like SLC with its' spectacular surroundings. To me, someone out there could buy the land (say 1.5 acres) and build a better, kickass house for far less.

You are crazy. 1.5 acres in Utah is going to run you $500,000 approx here in Utah. In a nice SLC neighborhood, 1.5 acres doesn't exist. This house would be a steal at $700,000. 8,000 sq foot house at $700,000 would be less than $100/sq ft.

Considering houses in that neighborhood go for 2-300 sq ft, the price is pretty right on.

That house is not a house you want to lounge around in. Coldest house I've seen in awhile, all metal and tile. If you bought it you had better invest in some nice wool socks.

Okay, I guess KOC can add Trader Joes to his FA pitch.

Seriously though, I would not under any circumstances want to end up in San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Milaukee, Indianapolis, or Cleveland. Sacramento is also quite lame. Phoenix is like a hot dusty parking lot. Orlando is lame.

Ouch that hurt. A lot of celebrities live here man . North Scottsdale and Paradise Valley are places full of celebrities. Alice cooper, DMX (saw him at a gas station), Jesse Owens, even Jeff Hornacek, not to mention all the athletes in Arizona Sport teams like Larry Fitz. Also many people who played sports in Arizona continue to live so after they retire like Kurt Warner, and Charles Barkley.

I couldn't even afford the run down shed in AK's backyard that was conveniently left out of this picture. I guess I better not worry about the type of woman I can get in regards to one night stand material.

You are crazy. 1.5 acres in Utah is going to run you $500,000 approx here in Utah. In a nice SLC neighborhood, 1.5 acres doesn't exist. This house would be a steal at $700,000. 8,000 sq foot house at $700,000 would be less than $100/sq ft.

Considering houses in that neighborhood go for 2-300 sq ft, the price is pretty right on.

Far less than asking price. Not far less than 700K moran.