What's new

**** you Enes Kanter

The greatest thing about Kanter is OKC will be nothing in a year when Durant and westbrook are both gone. Have fun bottom feeding then kanter

I certainly won't argue with Borat that I wish Utah had gotten more for Kanter. Enes killed his value by demanding a trade. I think we can all see now that keeping him and hoping for a S&T in the summer wasn't an option. At least we got SOMETHING. I'd imagine guys like Borat would be calling for Lindsey to be fired had no trade happened and a team stepped up and offered Kanter $14-$16M/per and the Jazz decided NOT to match the offer sheet, ending up with NOTHING in return.

So in getting to the salary floor (money had to be spent anyway), he gets a pick to take on his contract and then gets picks combining his salary with Kanter's on the way out. IINM, didn't the Novak trade happen before the Booker signing? And then Lindsey signed Jingles off waivers. Those two outplayed Novak for minutes at the 3 and 4.

Just about anyone outplayed Novak, because Novak was a pathetic scrub. Lins took on his with MULTI year contract, which is different than filling out basement spending with expiring. Then gave up 18 and 11 young center for nothing. Teams that are terrible get to draft guys like that with very high picks if they are lucky. We got lucky and actually got a valuable commodity with this pick. Just to give it up for pennies on a dollar. Kanter is a d/ck, Gobert is better? sure bench him, and try to get good value next year. But don't get raped like this by a conference rival no less

Most are saying this was not bad since Gobert now gets more PT. This is not just "did not get enough". This is more like dropping a soap bar in the prison shower and bending over to pick it up.

So when you bent over, what happened?

Yeah **** you very much Kanter!!!!!!

Steve Luhm ‏@sluhm 5m5 minutes ago
Final thought: Too bad all the attention tonight was on Kanter. For Jazz fans, this game should have been a celebration of Hot Rod Hundley.

I certainly won't argue with Borat that I wish Utah had gotten more for Kanter. Enes killed his value by demanding a trade. I think we can all see now that keeping him and hoping for a S&T in the summer wasn't an option. At least we got SOMETHING. I'd imagine guys like Borat would be calling for Lindsey to be fired had no trade happened and a team stepped up and offered Kanter $14-$16M/per and the Jazz decided NOT to match the offer sheet, ending up with NOTHING in return.

So, you just admitted Kanter is 14-16 mil guy at 22-23 years of age. We have full rights to match next year. And we have him away for some useless late pick (while getting him with 3d overall). No matter how you slice it, we got raped badly. It's more than should have gotten more. We got next to nothing for extremely valuable commodity, a 22 year old double double center. This type of idiotic screw up is grounds for job termination and shows complete incompetency of Lindsey.

Just about anyone outplayed Novak, because Novak was a pathetic scrub. Lins took on his with MULTI year contract, which is different than filling out basement spending with expiring. Then gave up 18 and 11 young center for nothing. Teams that are terrible get to draft guys like that with very high picks if they are lucky. We got lucky and actually got a valuable commodity with this pick. Just to give it up for pennies on a dollar. Kanter is a d/ck, Gobert is better? sure bench him, and try to get good value next year. But don't get raped like this by a conference rival no less
So you think a disgruntled Kanter, likely pissed off because he's had to come back for the QO, is going to fetch more in a trade next season? Umm, no. A contender isn't going to give up more than what OKC did for a rental. And any team wanting to sign him as a future building block would have a) made him a huge offer this summer, or b) would just wait until the following when they don't have to give up ANY assets. There is NO scenario in which Utah gets more than they did.

The mistake was in drafting him in the first place. Jazz thought a 2-year mentorship under Big AL would be perfect for a guy who had no college experience. Then they would let Jefferson's contract expire and have Enes take over. Unfortunately they misjudged Enes' character and willingness to play defense.

So, you just admitted Kanter is 14-16 mil guy at 22-23 years of age. We have full rights to match next year. And we have him away for some useless late pick (while getting him with 3d overall). No matter how you slice it, we got raped badly. It's more than should have gotten more. We got next to nothing for extremely valuable commodity, a 22 year old double double center. This type of idiotic screw up is grounds for job termination and shows complete incompetency of Lindsey.

WE have full rights to match but NO WAY is Enes going to sign an offer sheet if he thinks Utah will match. He DEMANDED to get out of town. Best Utah could hope for is a S&T in which we get back a couple of picks. Ergul and the GM from Team B would call Lindsey and say, look, we want to offer Enes $14M/per. We know he wants out, but doesn't want to sign the offer sheet if there's a chance you'd match. So we'll give you a future first, lottery-protected, and a couple of seconds. The alternative for you is that a pissed-off Enes returns at the QO and becomes an UFA next season.

DO I think Enes is worth $14-$16M? No, I don't. I've seen his defensive flaws. But some GM's only look at offensive stats. That's why Chicago paid Boozer a ton of money and Charlotte signed Big Al for a bunch. Also, the cap is skyrocketing in 2016. Guys are going to be overpaid...by a TON. Kanter was NOT an extremely valuable commodity at the deadline. He was a player who DEMANDED a trade and someone who can sign an offer sheet with any team this summer - or wait until 2016 and be an UFA. Ergul also made it known he expected a max contract.

But the other point is that he's clearly the 3rd big on Utah. Gobert and Favors are better overall players. Even forcing Kanter to be a backup would have been a bad financial decision...simply can't have 3 players making that much money when Favors' next deal comes around and Rudy is off his rookie contract.

So you think a disgruntled Kanter, likely pissed off because he's had to come back for the QO, is going to fetch more in a trade next season? Umm, no. A contender isn't going to give up more than what OKC did for a rental. And any team wanting to sign him as a future building block would have a) made him a huge offer this summer, or b) would just wait until the following when they don't have to give up ANY assets. There is NO scenario in which Utah gets more than they did.

T.

It's not a rocket science. If you think someone is willing to give him 14-16 mil, your better believe they would be willing to talk to us next year, since we have his rights. After all, are taking about a double double young center likely of age as some of the high draft picks next year.

And what we got just now is next to nothing. Better than nothing, but not much. It's like getting a few Pennies on a dollar. Yeah, little better than nothing, but just about the same. Wait to get some real value for a valuable commodity. Lins settled for garbage, and lost great asset, when he had over a year of rights to him. Moronic, terrible, panic move. And giving it to a competitor in the conference makes it even worse.

It's not a rocket science. If you think someone is willing to give him 14-16 mil, your better believe they would be willing to talk to us next year, since we have his rights. After all, are taking about a double double young center likely of age as some of the high draft picks next year.

And what we got just now is next to nothing. Better than nothing, but not much. It's like getting a few Pennies on a dollar. Yeah, little better than nothing, but just about the same. Wait to get some real value for a valuable commodity. Lins settled for garbage, and lost great asset, when he had over a year of rights to him. Moronic, terrible, panic move. And giving it to a competitor in the conference makes it even worse.
Please tell me why ANY team would be willing to give up significant assets? They KNOW Kanter wants out.
Team B has three options
A) Have Kanter sign an offer sheet for $64M/4 years and hope Utah doesn't match. Do you honestly think Utah would?
B) Offer Utah about the same package as OKC did and perhaps get Kanter for $2M less per season in a S&T. Or not...Ergul seemed pretty adamant that Kanter considers himself to be a max player.
C) Give Utah an all-star because they think they should.

Please, go ahead and tell me which team we could make a trade with and what assets you think that team would be willing to give up. You can go back to the deadline if you'd like. Which teams would have been willing to trade an all-star caliber player for the rights to pay Kanter $16M this summer? I can guarantee you there were ZERO, because DL would have jumped all over that kind of trade.

. Best Utah could hope for is a S&T in which we get back a couple of picks. some GM's only look at offensive stats. That's why Chicago paid Boozer a ton of money and Charlotte signed Big Al for a bunch. Also, the cap is skyrocketing in 2016. Guys are going to be overpaid...by a TON ... Ergul also made it known he expected a max contract.

Agree with the above, someone would offer a pick next summer. So why settle for LATE first rounder now? I would risk getting nothing in the summer, because late first rounder that we for is not much more than nothing. But on the other hand, for someone who is viewed as close to Max as you say, it's very reasonable to fetch a lottery pick, maybe top 10 or 5. He was #3 after all and player well enough for he agent to think max. Top 10 pick would not be a stretch in the summer. Instead we have him to a competitor for a near worthless late pick. This is just about as bad a deal as we could have made.

Stifle, Kevin Love also wanted a trade, and Wolves did not even have his rights next year. Yet Wolves did not give him up for pennies. They got top pick in the best draft in years plus other picks to boot. Now, Kanter is no Love, but I am not suggesting we got Wiggins either. Top 10 pick for a proven talented young big is not a stretch. The point here is not to settle for garbage. Especially when you have the guys rights for over a year.

161g8ev.gif

any good lip readers?

I'm pretty good. He says "Man, I can't play defense". Or something to that effect.

Lyndsey is terrible. First move this season was to sign a pathetic scrub Novak to multi year deal. I was shocked then and stayed how idiotic this was. Now he managed to fix that mistake and dump Novak's contract, while losing 18 and 12 center who is just 22 years old. Simply moronic.

Snyder said Novak was crucial in setting the tone for the locker room and getting the team to buy into the new system. So w/e.

Also, Kanter ain't Kevin Love, bro.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Stifle, Kevin Love also wanted a trade, and Wolves did not even have his rights next year. Yet Wolves did not give him up for pennies. They got top pick in the best draft in years plus other picks to boot. Now, Kanter is no Love, but I am not suggesting we got Wiggins either. Top 10 pick for a proven talented young big is not a stretch. The point here is not to settle for garbage. Especially when you have the guys rights for over a year.

Cry harder.

It's hard to get a lot in return when the idiot demands a trade and wasn't playing good enough to justify a trade demand.

We already know trading away Kanter was addition by subtraction and has been a massive boon. And if you don't already think Lindsey did the proper due-diligence on Kanter's value, you are a fool.

Kanter's value wasn't high because he mailed it in for the last two seasons then demanded a trade. I wish the Jazz got more back as well, but the organization's back was against the wall. That Kanter has looked so much better and the Jazz have dramatically improved prove everyone right simultaneously, but it doesn't change Kanter's value on the trade market in the past.

So unless your point is that the Jazz should've just let that poison continue to rot the locker room so they MIGHT have been able to round up some even lesser garbage in a Extend-and-trade or going through NEXT season with that drama, get the **** out.

So unless your point is that the Jazz should've just let that poison continue to rot the locker room so they MIGHT have been able to round up some even lesser garbage in a Extend-and-trade or going through NEXT season with that drama, get the **** out.

Until yesterday that was my point. I thought the Jazz should have kept him rather than trade him for nothing of value. I had no idea there was so much conflict and animosity with the players. It sure seems like the Jazz had reached the point where they had no choice. Finally, I can make sense of the trade. One rotten apple comes to mind.