What's new

You want D-Will back?!

Who wouldn't want him back. The hate is because we can't have him. I feel like we copped out early. Like divorcing your high school sweetheart because she realized she was Julia Robbins.

Who wouldn't want him back. The hate is because we can't have him. I feel like we copped out early. Like divorcing your high school sweetheart because she realized she was Julia Robbins.

Wow .. I will assume you're kidding. Otherwise, you're better at lurking.

Dwill was Utah's superstar. He was a perfect fit on the court, and was our hope to build around for a championship team. That being said, the Karl Malone drama and Jerry Sloan fiasco, as well as the booing at his return, deteriorated any relationship Dwill had with our organization.

If I had a choice over our best 4 being:

DWill/Milsap/Al Jefferson/Hayward (Probably our best 4 if we had him still. Not sure how Hayward would've developed)

And

Hayward/Burks/Favors/Kanter + Milsap

I would choose 2 all day.

DWill/Milsap/Al Jefferson/Hayward (Probably our best 4 if we had him still. Not sure how Hayward would've developed)

And

Especially considering DWIll would have been outta here anyway.

And

Al, Sap, CJ, GH .. (best 4 after Deron leaves)

If DWill comes back, the Jazz will be accused of tampering by pre arranging a trade to simply re-sign him after a year and a half.

Another problem: Salary cap. Sure, we could afford to sign him after Al Jefferson's and Devin Harris's contacts are up, but what happens when Favors, Hayward, Burks and Kanter's contracts are up? we would already be near the cap from DWill's max salary and the new CBA's suppertax will be starting up. What the Jazz need is a point guard that makes around 7-8 mil per year that is a good distributor and a good shooter for when the offence breaks down. Simply put, you can't have superstars at every position and pay for them all.

How is the tweet supposed to be retweeted if this account has not tweeted?

I did not know tweet could be used that many times in sentence.

1z8fa.gif

No thanks. I don't want him back. Didn't we see how ungood paying the max to a PG with an ego the size of Dallas was the last time we did it? Let him go to the Mavs and tear down Rick Carisle and yell at his own wings for not running the play.

He's a good player, don't get me wrong. But his ego and the salary that he'll command is just ugh....

Assuming that he would even return anyway, I can think of ~18 million reasons why taking him back would be overpaying for a point guard, especially given the near complete lack of precedence of a maximum-salary point guard (not max-talent; max-salary) who has led a team to a title.

The 2 or 3 near-max contracts that most teams can afford are reserved for big men (think LeBron) and scorers (think Wade). Perhaps in that order. Serviceable PGs are less rare.

If DWill comes back, the Jazz will be accused of tampering by pre arranging a trade to simply re-sign him after a year and a half.

Another problem: Salary cap. Sure, we could afford to sign him after Al Jefferson's and Devin Harris's contacts are up, but what happens when Favors, Hayward, Burks and Kanter's contracts are up? we would already be near the cap from DWill's max salary and the new CBA's suppertax will be starting up. What the Jazz need is a point guard that makes around 7-8 mil per year that is a good distributor and a good shooter for when the offence breaks down. Simply put, you can't have superstars at every position and pay for them all.

Bull. Jazz need a star. D-Will is a star.

Assuming that he would even return anyway, I can think of ~18 million reasons why taking him back would be overpaying for a point guard, especially given the near complete lack of precedence of a maximum-salary point guard (not max-talent; max-salary) who has led a team to a title.

Yawn. Hasn't happened because of Jordon, Shaq, and Duncan... If Derrick Rose stayed healthy... Westbrook only averaged 23.6 ppg this season...

The argument that star PG's don't lead their teams to titles is laughable. Name some years that teams led by top tier PG's should've won a title. Nash '07? Horry put a stop to that. Rose possibly last year, but the Heat were better. Having one max guy like Deron on the team, near max for Favors, and healthy deals like 7-8 per for Hayward, Burks, Kanter sounds pretty good to me. Obviously those estimations could go up or down given development over the next couple years, but as that stands would be pretty nice in my book. If for some crazy reason Deron was interested in coming back we should all be doing cartwheels.