• Tyreke Evans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andre Roberson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're not replacing Hayward. You're a team stuck in a treadmill that HAS to turn every two nickels into a dime (difficult), AND hit and hit big on at least one pick in every draft (and those players have to develop quickly).

In other words, I think you start over. The Jazz topped out on assets and slowed their rate of growth by ****ing around with Corbin/Big Al and all that stupid **** for 2.5 years.

You're not replacing Hayward. You're a team stuck in a treadmill that HAS to turn every two nickels into a dime (difficult), AND hit and hit big on at least one pick in every draft (and those players have to develop quickly).

In other words, I think you start over. The Jazz topped out on assets and slowed their rate of growth by ****ing around with Corbin/Big Al and all that stupid **** for 2.5 years.

I beg to differ Sir. Starting to sound like we'll get a good chance to see who's right next season.

If Hayward leaves, we should stay put. We have enough balance at the wing positions and we can give time to Bolomboy and Bradley down low.

Gallinari or Gay would be overpriced window dressing. Throughout the season, I would bring in a few GLeague guys a month and hope we find the next Yogi, Simmons, Wes Matthews, etc.

We are a solid team without Hayward. We arent going to add anybody at a rate we can stomach that takes us from solid to really good.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd like to see another vet backing up Ingles at the three at least. I really like Mike Dunleavy on a minimum contract in that role. He was terrific for the Bulls two seasons ago and I guarantee the guy knows how to play the right way and comes to work with his hardhat on. But that's plan B for me. Plan A is Mbah a Moute getting starter minutes.

Guess this thread needs a bump.

Maybe we dont really need to sign anyone else? We can retain our guys now just fine. Maybe the Jazz are still trading Favors or maybe he is actually healthy and we want to keep him. We just need a backup PF/C

Rubio/Exum
Hood/Mitchell
Inlges/JJ
Favors/Bolomboy
Gobert/Bradley

I like that team. Gobert is an all-star next year. Who joins him on the all-star team. top 4 seed teams should get two guys in.

Maybe we dont really need to sign anyone else? We can retain our guys now just fine. Maybe the Jazz are still trading Favors or maybe he is actually healthy and we want to keep him. We just need a backup PF/C

Rubio/Exum
Hood/Mitchell
Inlges/JJ
Favors/Bolomboy
Gobert/Bradley

I like that team. Gobert is an all-star next year. Who joins him on the all-star team. top 4 seed teams should get two guys in.

So do you advocate signing Wallace to use as a backup two/three at least? I prefer to use JJ at the four myself, or at least in utility at both. Not quite sure that Bolomboy is ready to step up and be that guy quite just yet.

Ummm... Why isn't Simmons on this list? Didn't ya'll see him with the Spurs last year? They were working on a $9 million a year contract. Athlete, Tough, becoming a go to guy with Kawhi out... I would take him over everyone on this list.

But Woj just gave me hope it's not over.

Besides, why not a sign and trade and we get Jaylen Brown?

Ummm... Why isn't Simmons on this list? Didn't ya'll see him with the Spurs last year? They were working on a $9 million a year contract. Athlete, Tough, becoming a go to guy with Kawhi out... I would take him over everyone on this list.

But Woj just gave me hope it's not over.

Besides, why not a sign and trade and we get Jaylen Brown?

Pretty sure that option's off the table at this juncture.

So do you advocate signing Wallace to use as a backup two/three at least? I prefer to use JJ at the four myself, or at least in utility at both. Not quite sure that Bolomboy is ready to step up and be that guy quite just yet.

I agree Bolomboy isnt good enough to be relied on to be the backup 4. But I also dont think JJ can be your backup 4 all season. We need to get someone else in that spot. We also probably need another person to Fill the 3rd spot for both SG and SF. Unless there is a big name to sign or trade for though I would rather roll with this lineup and pick up some MLE level player to fill those two spots. Maybe Patterson for the 4 spot. I am not sure about the 2/3 spot. Probably just a solid vet on a cheap contract though.

we have a bigger hole at the 4 than the 3. Ingles and JJ can cover the three for a season until things settle. Next season we need to learn four things: namely which of Favors, Exum, Hood, and Burks is actually going to stop getting injured every week or so. If three of these four players preform at their expected talent level, we are golden. However, we still need another 4, because Bolomboy is still potential, not NBA ready.

we have a bigger hole at the 4 than the 3. Ingles and JJ can cover the three for a season until things settle. Next season we need to learn four things: namely which of Favors, Exum, Hood, and Burks is actually going to stop getting injured every week or so. If three of these four players preform at their expected talent level, we are golden. However, we still need another 4, because Bolomboy is still potential, not NBA ready.

I agree with your sentiment 100%. After hearing Gordon bolt, my first instinct was try to pry away Porter. But since Washington said they'd match all offers, I thought maybe trade a big man and some assets, after all Gortat ain't getting younger. Quickly changed my mind when I realized that it would make our hole at the 4 even bigger. So maybe wait and see won't be so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Reactions: 8
Just get Gay and be done with it. Most people will be very surprised to see Jazz plays better than last year. Surely Hood Exum and Favors should step up though. But we have enough talent to be competitive still. Boston fans will cry harder when they cant keep their guys intact. Thomas will need big pay rise. And so many youngsters... They arent going for a ring anytime soon.

still can't believe a little tiny player with bad hips is gonna get maxed out

Not by the Celtics though. Little (no pun intended) does Thomas know they aren't going to give him near anything where he is worth. They'll go after Westbrook and whoever else is freed up before they sign Thomas to the max.

Reactions: 8

Rubio/Exum
Hood/Mitchell
Inlges/JJ
Favors/Bolomboy
Gobert/Bradley

Who is gonna score consistently in that starting lineup?

I kinda just want the following lineup

Rubio/Exum/Neto
Mitchell/Jingles/Burks
Hood/Jingles
Stretch 4 FA or trade/JJ
Gobert/Favors

No excuses,the youth needs to play. I want Donovan starting for most or all of the year and Exum getting significant minutes off the bench. We have no reason to sit them whatsoever. We aren't winning anything next year so time for trial by fire. Hood moves to the 3 to replace the unloyal **. We bring in a stretch 4 to be the new starter at PF. Favors if he's still here moves to the bench backing up Rudy in order to hopefully stay healthy. And because Gobert/Favors/Rubio on the floor together is not an option. But it's early. We'll see how the rest of the summer goes.