• Harris + NJ's 2nd Round Pick for Andre Miller

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Harris for Mehta World Peace and Darius Morris

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Harris for Kirk Hinrich

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Maybe we should trade for Kirk?

Think we could trade CJ for Mo Peterson? Or for Rip?

Maybe trade AK for Marion?

How about trading Boozer for a defensive center (like Sammy Dalembert) and move Memo to PF?

Can we trade Giricek for something good?

How about we package the NY pick and garbage for something good?

I swear, folks, stop recycling old subjects a million times over.

We need a younger PG who can carry this team to championship contention in the next 2-3 years. Billups will be on Social Security in that time.

I'd send him to LA. He's not going to hurt us by going there.

I'm not not interested in Morris. I guess.

Is that where Bibby is?

Bibby sucks too.

I honestly haven't seen a worse collection of games from anyone in Jazz history than what Harris has done recently. Arroyo, Keith, Captain Crunch, all were pathetic. But in a way, they were limited physically. Harris? I would think his speed alone could translate into some points and assists.

Yet... For some strange reason, it hasn't.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Burks and Tinsley get chances at running the point. Earl has been fantastic. But if Harris can't figure this thing out, we need to look elsewhere. I'd be willing to see if Tinsley has anything left... and if Burks could create with his quickness some open looks.

If Nash is available for the same theoretical price then yeah, you go after the future hall of famer. The price/availability is the question.

I tried to negrep every one of utahjazz107's posts on this thread. Too bad it only let me do it once.

PGs are cheap right now. We can fill the spot temporarily with Watson, Burks and Tinsley and look for a longer term option. We should have never gotten rid of Maynor, but if you look it seems most teams have solid young guys coming off their bench playing the 1. Dallas has Beaubois, Sac has Isaiah Thomas, the Hornets have Vasquez etc. Any of these guys can be serviceable and some of them can become break out stars. Quality PGs are not as difficult to come by as they once were.

I'm not saying we don't have a problem at the PG spot, I'm saying the situation can be dealt with effectively, and soon.

PGs are cheap right now. We can fill the spot temporarily with Watson, Burks and Tinsley and look for a longer term option. We should have never gotten rid of Maynor, but if you look it seems most teams have solid young guys coming off their bench playing the 1. Dallas has Beaubois, Sac has Isaiah Thomas, the Hornets have Vasquez etc. Any of these guys can be serviceable and some of them can become break out stars. Quality PGs are not as difficult to come by as they once were.

I'm not saying we don't have a problem at the PG spot, I'm saying the situation can be dealt with effectively, and soon.

None of those players are quality PG's (besides potentially Beabouis). They are serviceable backups.

Also, Burks is not a damn PG.

Kelly Scalleta (a featured writer for Bleacher Report) ranked all of the starting PG's defensively from last season using multiple statistics with some surprising results. Calderon is ranked 29th out of 30 as the second worst starting PG on the defensive end (before you argue with his results read the article, or at least his methodology).
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/813678-nba-power-rankings-defensively-ranking-every-starting-point-guard-in-the-nba
I like the methodology and the article, but it also says that Steve Nash is the 7th best PG defensively in the NBA.

you are missing the point with Harris.we have tinsley and watson,we dont need a good point , we need a shooter.trade Harris for a shooter from 3,and let watson and Tinsley run the show .

I like the methodology and the article, but it also says that Steve Nash is the 7th best PG defensively in the NBA.

By using multiple statistics in a season where Nash didn't have a shot-blocker to boost his stats until later, he is the 7th best PG defensively in the NBA. He doesn't use steals (Nash doesn't get a lot of steals) which can be valuable, but he explains why. When anyone makes a statement about "best" or "worst", you have to ask in what specifically, and in the way Scalleta defines a good defensive player, Nash is 7th best. He may be deficient in other ways defensively, but what are they?