What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Man I just realized Brooklyn has so many guys. Dinwiddie, Levert, Harris, Russell.

Same with Milwaukee: Giannis Ain’twinintoronto, Kate Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon.

Can they keep them all?

I guess if we have to overpay for Kemba or Tobias then do it, but that’s it. I’d rather pay commensurate to performance and grab some of the odd men out during the off-season.

All signs are pointing to big time improvement whichever way we go next year IMO

Man I just realized Brooklyn has so many guys. Dinwiddie, Levert, Harris, Russell.

Same with Milwaukee: Giannis Ain’twinintoronto, Kate Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon.

Can they keep them all?

I guess if we have to overpay for Kemba or Tobias then do it, but that’s it. I’d rather pay commensurate to performance and grab some of the odd men out during the off-season.

All signs are pointing to big time improvement whichever way we go next year IMO
Don't forget Kurucs and Allen.

We can't trade Exum because he's so important, Rozier and Matthews give us the scoring to become contenders, and we should try to trade Gobert for a bunch of dice to roll.

The illustrious @LoPo , everyone.
At least I present ideas.

You're gonna push the big guys and cry when we don't get one and we keep Favors.

I present 100 ideas that are better than rolling the same exact thing out again. And paying Gobert $40+ is idiotic.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I would pay Rudy $100 mil a year before trading him for Charlotte's garbage assets.
Bridges will be a great player in the long term. 2019 #12 and Charlotte's 2021 unprotected 1st could be amazing choices if we can draft well. Monk might be good too. The large expiring could be traded at the deadline.

Gobert is a great dude, but paying him $40+ is simply stupid. It would wreck almost every opportunity to build around the true identity of the team - Donovan Mitchell.

Can they keep them all?

The Bucks and Wiz are two teams to watch this off-season. A ton of interesting free agents.

Bridges will be a great player in the long term. 2019 #12 and Charlotte's 2021 unprotected 1st could be amazing choices if we can draft well. Monk might be good too. The large expiring could be traded at the deadline.

Gobert is a great dude, but paying him $40+ is simply stupid. It would wreck almost every opportunity to build around the true identity of the team - Donovan Mitchell.

Your posts are starting to sound more and more like PGAB's. Video game draft manager 2k19 stuff where you are constantly kicking the can down the road, with no regard to stuff like team chemistry and being able to sell season tickets to pay the bills. Without Gobert the Jazz only win 40 games in the west for a long, long time. We're still not bad enough too get a top 3 pick though, so we're on the treadmill (aka NBA hell).

Your posts are starting to sound more and more like PGAB's. Video game draft manager 2k19 stuff where you are constantly kicking the can down the road, with no regard to stuff like team chemistry and being able to sell season tickets to pay the bills. Without Gobert the Jazz only win 40 games in the west for a long, long time. We're still not bad enough too get a top 3 pick though, so we're on the treadmill (aka NBA hell).
You are right - we probably lose more games with Favors at C instead of Gobert. However, I'm not saying just that switch. I'm also talking about getting good, young players who project to be great down the road.

I personally think $20 million for Favors and Bridges the next three years might be wiser than giving Gobert $40+ in 2 years. Oh, and we would also have other assets in addition to Bridges.

Just spitballing, and it’s probably a long shot whether the jazz and Celtics could be trade partners, but the Celtics don’t need another draft pick, and they are probably losing Kyrie which puts Rozier as the starter. But Favors for their 14th pick might be doable assuming 1. Horford can play the 4. 2. The Celtics aren’t trading for Davis.

Favors give them an inside presence on both sides of the court and a great pick’n roll big. I think he could make them a much better team, even while losing Kyrie, but I’m sure this is a long shot to happen.

Anyone think it’s possible?

Just spitballing, and it’s probably a long shot whether the jazz and Celtics could be trade partners, but the Celtics don’t need another draft pick, and they are probably losing Kyrie which puts Rozier as the starter. But Favors for their 14th pick might be doable assuming 1. Horford can play the 4. 2. The Celtics aren’t trading for Davis.

Favors give them an inside presence on both sides of the court and a great pick’n roll big. I think he could make them a much better team, even while losing Kyrie, but I’m sure this is a long shot to happen.

No if Kyrie leaves they will shift into a youth movement totally centered around Tatum. They will look to acquire guys like Favors for purely cash on the FA market.​

To do that trade, we would have to guarantee Favors' $18 million for next year. Boston doesn't really have the contracts necessary to make it work financially.

The idea has good logic, but the financials would be really tough if not impossible.

To do that trade, we would have to guarantee Favors' $18 million for next year. Boston doesn't really have the contracts necessary to make it work financially.

The idea has good logic, but the financials would be really tough if not impossible.

We can actually trade Favors without guaranteeing his contract, we just can't take back any salary. Dan Clayton answered a question about trading Favors on draft night a few weeks ago.

We can actually trade Favors without guaranteeing his contract, we just can't take back any salary. Dan Clayton answered a question about trading Favors on draft night a few weeks ago.

If that's true, that's big. Pure sweetener. If you can find a team above the cap that really wants him, you could maybe get something instead of simply waiving him, maybe including that in a multi-team trade.

If that's true, that's big. Pure sweetener. If you can find a team above the cap that really wants him, you could maybe get something instead of simply waiving him, maybe including that in a multi-team trade.
I get that we can't take any salary back for Derrick. However, Clayton didn't mention the other side of the equation. Is Derrick's value for the incoming team $0? I can't believe that would be a loophole left open. Since we'd still be in the current NBA year, I'd bet money that his incoming value could very well be his current salary or next season's. So team X would need to have the cap space open to make the trade (within the 125%) and then would be in the same position - they could either keep him or waive him to open up cap space. I couldn't find that side of the equation mentioned in the Cap FAQ's. Would welcome someone who can find a ruling on it, or example from a previous season under the most recent CBA agreement.

If Favors' contractual trade value is $0 and Korver is $3.44, we really don't have much value there. We would have to trade them to a team who is about to have space who really wants to pay Favors $18 million for a year or Korver $7.5 for a year.

I think both those guys have much more value as expirings after the moratorium who are quality players. Like Favors vs Parsons or Biyombo or Reggie Jackson or Ryan Anderson etc.

I think both those guys have much more value as expirings after the moratorium who are quality players. Like Favors vs Parsons or Biyombo or Reggie Jackson or Ryan Anderson etc.

Not sure 1yr deals are great "expirings" after the moratorium. Most teams looking to make those deals would want to do so to clear 2019 space. At the deadline in 2020 "expirings" might have value. But tbh, the 2020 FA's aren't knocking anyone's socks off. Maybe as a way to avoid luxury tax, especially if a team could get under the tax by trading away players within the 125% rule and not taking back the full value in incoming salaries.