What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Butler is the overall better player, but Harris is a better fit on their shooting starved team. Probably a hard choice for them.

Nah. Butler is as good a fit because they need a perimeter guy that can create with the ball that has the threat of a jumper... Tobias can do that too but Ben and Joel would likely not yield to him... Jimmy is more demanding and gets more respect.

Trading all those assets for a half year of Tobias, not even getting out of the second round, and then letting him bounce. What a plan.

It’s kind of the combo of Butler and Tobias trades. Prolly should have done one or the other... kinda like the team if they had kept Saric and Roco then got Harris...

If they don’t keep him it sucks, but if that Miami pick becomes a lotto pick that’s gonna suck hard.

Trading all those assets for a half year of Tobias, not even getting out of the second round, and then letting him bounce. What a plan.

At that stage you have to take risks imo. It was one worth taking.

Everyone should use this before talking about capspace: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

Renouncing all possible players gets the Jazz to $31,279,329 assuming the cap is a flat $108 million. That number is not going to be solid until the NBA officially announces what the cap is, but I've seen $109 million floated most of the time, which would put that number at >$32.7 million, which is what the max offer would have to meet. It's damn close.

If you stretch Exum, that gets you another close-to $5 million. If you stretch Korver that gets you another $5.5 million (there's an $888k roster caphold that kicks in).

So the fantasy question for the psycho capologists: if you were to get Tobias and stretch Exum, could you trade Korver for Dinwiddie? You'd be able to absorb $5 million of Dinwiddie's deal outright, correct? In that scenario, does the salary matching number for Dinwiddie effectively then start at approximately $5.5 million ($5 million subtracted from his 2019 salary)? What salary would you have to match to bring in Dinwiddie in that scenario (consider that Korver's number would count for $3.75 million)? Maybe you could just stretch Korver AND Exum to open up enough, or at least close enough to trade a petty contract to make it work (Bradley, Niang)?

Last edited:

Looney is out with a collar bone injury and Klay Thompson is questionable with a hamstring. To me that sets the stage for Durant to come in and save the day for GSW. We need him to leave and him being the hero of GSW is a major point in favor of him staying in GSW.

Yo, basketball god. I don’t ask much. Only stop intentionally ******** on us.

Looney is out with a collar bone injury and Klay Thompson is questionable with a hamstring. To me that sets the stage for Durant to come in and save the day for GSW. We need him to leave and him being the hero of GSW is a major point in favor of him staying in GSW.

Yo, basketball god. I don’t ask much. Only stop intentionally ******** on us.

There really seems to be no proof he plays again this year, and no time table was ever set. I’m not sure he will be back anytime soon. None contact injuries are seldom easy to come back from in such little time.

So, favors just posted a picture of the holywood sign haha..

Cryptic, could he be on the way to LA? If hes gone im gona miss him, he was really awesome
This year, and I think he woulda won us the rockets series if snyder decided to go with him more in that game. Rudys offense was emberassing.

So, favors just posted a picture of the holywood sign haha..

Cryptic, could he be on the way to LA? If hes gone im gona miss him, he was really awesome
This year, and I think he woulda won us the rockets series if snyder decided to go with him more in that game. Rudys offense was emberassing.

The picture means absolutely nothing. Favors has sent out a number of cryptic posts on social media the past couple of years and fans read too much into it and think he's about to be traded, I'm pretty sure he does it just to mess with people. And no, we wouldn't have won the Rockets series if he would've played more.

There really seems to be no proof he plays again this year, and no time table was ever set. I’m not sure he will be back anytime soon. None contact injuries are seldom easy to come back from in such little time.

I saw a tweet saying Kerr was “open” to playing Durant in game 3

Everyone should use this before talking about capspace: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

Renouncing all possible players gets the Jazz to $31,279,329 assuming the cap is a flat $108 million. That number is not going to be solid until the NBA officially announces what the cap is, but I've seen $109 million floated most of the time, which would put that number at >$32.7 million, which is what the max offer would have to meet. It's damn close.

If you stretch Exum, that gets you another close-to $5 million. If you stretch Korver that gets you another $5.5 million (there's an $888k roster caphold that kicks in).

So the fantasy question for the psycho capologists: if you were to get Tobias and stretch Exum, could you trade Korver for Dinwiddie? You'd be able to absorb $5 million of Dinwiddie's deal outright, correct? In that scenario, does the salary matching number for Dinwiddie effectively then start at approximately $5.5 million ($5 million subtracted from his 2019 salary)? What salary would you have to match to bring in Dinwiddie in that scenario (consider that Korver's number would count for $3.75 million)? Maybe you could just stretch Korver AND Exum to open up enough, or at least close enough to trade a petty contract to make it work (Bradley, Niang)?
We going to start a StrExum campaign?

https://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-...-harris-luguentz-dort-terence-davis-naz-reid/

Apparently 76ers worked out Tobias Harris brother.

Let's just say there is a bit of favoritism at play here bringing the younger brother of Tobias Harris in for a workout. Terry averaged just over eight points per game in less than 21 minutes per game this past season at North Carolina A&T, and it is his connection to a guy the Sixers are trying to re-sign this summer that means more than anything else.

Harris, of course, had very little insight to share about his big brother's free agency plans.

"He tells me a lot of great things about the Sixers, he obviously wanted me to play my best here today," the younger Harris said. "He hasn't [told me anything about free agency]. Just told me to be ready for this opportunity and go hard."

Reuniting the brothers on the floor for the first time since Terry Harris was in eighth grade seems like a pretty unlikely outcome here, but you can see they share a lot of character traits if nothing else. Harris said he looks to his brother constantly for advice, so maybe the Sixers should consult him on how to lure in their free agent.

“We haven’t played together since we were in eighth grade, in high school,” Harris said, “so if that could ever happen again, it would be a blessing.”

I guess we got to one up them and waste one of our 2nd round picks on this guy