What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

I stand by my Bobby Portis call from months ago. I think he has big upside, has the length and athleticism to play elite d, can hit the ****ing 3, and I’d guess is the one guy the Wiz don’t retain.

A 2+1 at 7-8M per. I think that’d be enough to get it done.

Think he turned down like 4/40... not that he will get that much... but his eyes will be much bigger in FA (totally intentional)

His defense is ***. At the price you outlined I'd take him though. He is fun... would guarantee we don't get Niko though.

If we replaced Crowder with Portis, we’re a more balanced team. Do Conley for Favors, Exum and Korver.
Renounce Rubio, Udoh and Sef. Conley can mentor Portis so far as professionality and focus go.

We’d still have some cap room to go after someone else. Maybe Cory Joseph.

Shooting would be waaaaaaayyyy better.

Think he turned down like 4/40... not that he will get that much... but his eyes will be much bigger in FA (totally intentional)

His defense is ***. At the price you outlined I'd take him though. He is fun... would guarantee we don't get Niko though.

His d is that bad or is it his losing environments and lack of coaching/leadership?

Draft Carsen Edwards hoping he can eventually become a great scoring PG, sign Jeremy Lamb, keep Favors, hope Korver retires, sign the best PG possible (Collison, Beverley, Caruso, George Hill, etc.).

We gotta hope Donovan, Exum, O'Neale, Grayson, and Niang keep improving and make an impact.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

At this point... whether or not we got one of the big free agents or not I would prefer we waive Favors and sign a couple guys in the above MLE market. Even if it is shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. Split $25M between Danny Green and Rudy Gay on 1+1 deals and use 6M on Cory Joseph or some other decent backup pg... roll with DM, Green, Ingles, Gay, Gobert

Seriously if our coaching staff is so ****ing good, and Gobert and Donovan are such great ****ing leaders, get Portis. Kid could be a very, very good player. That diamond in the rough along with the sure thing in Conley is perfect.

Haha. I know right?

I'm just not a big fan of the trade options. I don't think Jrue is possible, and I don't like Love or Conley. I don't see any other good options at this time.

If DL does an essential run-it-back, then he’s led us on a path into a culdesac where we are completely, absolutely, totally ****ed.

We need shooting. Who makes sense off this list who’s a FA or could somehow be had in a trade with the little we have to offer?

Seth Curry shot 45% from 3 this year. He's an unrestricted free agent and it probably wouldn't cost much to get him.

If DL does an essential run-it-back, then he’s led us on a path into a culdesac where we are completely, absolutely, totally ****ed.
Favors, Crowder, and potentially Korver would be expirings in 2020 when we could offer somebody like Jaylen Brown a big deal.

Adding a good draft pick and Jeremy Lamb would be an improvement over this last season.

What about...if we do Conley for Exum, Favors and Korver (**** his feelings)...

Conley-Joseph (shooting>>>>better)
Mitchell-Curry (younger Korver)
Ingles-O’Neale
Portis-Crowder(shooting>>better)
Gobert

Would it be possible to get Joseph, Curry and Portis if we did that?

Favors, Crowder, and potentially Korver would be expirings in 2020 when we could offer somebody like Jaylen Brown a big deal.

Adding a good draft pick and Jeremy Lamb would be an improvement over this last season.

We’ve kicked the can as far as it can go. DL is becoming the friend who keeps promising that he’s got your money you loaned him. “I’ll have it by next week. I promise this time!”

At this point... whether or not we got one of the big free agents or not I would prefer we waive Favors and sign a couple guys in the above MLE market. Even if it is shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. Split $25M between Danny Green and Rudy Gay on 1+1 deals and use 6M on Cory Joseph or some other decent backup pg... roll with DM, Green, Ingles, Gay, Gobert

This is where I'm at too. Rudy and Favors DON'T work together, I don't care what DL or anyone else says, they never have and they never will. Just look at the lineup data, we are so much better with Crowder at the 4 instead of Favors and just imagine how much better we would be if we could upgrade Crowder with a stretch 4 that can shoot better than 33% from 3. We've seen the last 3 years in the playoffs against the best teams (Houston and Golden State) that Favors and Gobert basically can't be on the floor at the same time, which means Favors minutes drop to 20 a night or less. Favors is the best backup center in the league, but is any backup center really worth $18 million? I would much rather use that money to try and address some of our offense and shooting needs.

Last edited:
We’ve kicked the can as far as it can go. DL is becoming the friend who keeps promising that he’s got your money you loaned him. “I’ll have it by next week. I promise this time!”
I think trading in Favors, Rubio, Exum and a 1st is just more kicking the can. We trade depth and chemistry for a slightly better starting lineup that still can't beat a contender.

This is where I'm at too. Rudy and Favors DON'T work together, I don't care what DL or anyone else says, they never have and they never will. Just look at the lineup data, we are so much better with Crowder at the 4 instead of Favors and just imagine how much better we would be if we could upgrade Crowder with a stretch 4 that can shoot better than 33% from 3. We've seen the last 3 years in the playoffs against the best teams (Houston and Golden State) that Favors and Gobert basically can't be on the floor at the same time, which means Favors minutes drop to 20 a night or less. Favors is the best backup center in the league, but is any backup center really worth $18 million? I would much rather use that money to try and address some of our offense and shooting needs.

No backup center is even worth 10M a year. Hell, the Dubs have gotten by with scrubs as starters there for years. The Rox managed to do just fine with Faried there while Capela was out. It’s an antiquated position of sorts which for me, personally, means Rudy should not be off the table so far as trade talks go.

Watch Rudy come back with a nasty three ala Lopez and we can keep Favors because of it. Rudy please be shooting like 500 3’s a day!

If we replaced Crowder with Portis, we’re a more balanced team. Do Conley for Favors, Exum and Korver.
Renounce Rubio, Udoh and Sef. Conley can mentor Portis so far as professionality and focus go.

We’d still have some cap room to go after someone else. Maybe Cory Joseph.

Shooting would be waaaaaaayyyy better.

The other point I was trying to make with Korver... Seems like we’re kinda trapped. If we try to send him somewhere he doesn’t want to go, he just retires. No team is going to want to trade for someone that only offers them dead salary. Korver will have to be happy with any place he ends up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No backup center is even worth 10M a year. Hell, the Dubs have gotten by with scrubs as starters there for years. The Rox managed to do just fine with Faried there while Capela was out. It’s an antiquated position of sorts which for me, personally, means Rudy should not be off the table so far as trade talks go.
Favors is more than a back up center. He's actually a fantastic matchup center. When need to go a little smaller and faster, we can sit Favors without a major drop off. We actually can run offense for his skills.

If you think about it, center is our 2nd most important position. Some would argue 1st most important. If we can extend Favors to $12 or $13, we would be spending less money on C, and backup C/sometime PF than the Rockets do on Chris Paul. We cant lure massive free agents so we can afford to just dump good fit players when we have them.