What's new

Yuck yuck yuck

Just once I thought... other fans are being the assholes and we aren’t the ones in the spotlight. Then some racist assholes were like “hold my beer”.

People you can have fun and talk ****... just know the lines... also don’t be racist assholes.

It's a subject you Jazz never want to address....thus it continues.

Let's take this forum for example. Jazz fans here are probably the top of the Jazz fan pyramid. Yet you display, I'll be polite and say questionable behavior. Ask yourself, why is post after post about Mike Conley so negative? Ingles gets praise after praise...Conley gets the darts.

Welcome to the great state of Utah

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I’d point out it’s a widespread thing just cause I think Utah gets an unfair rep. Horrible conduct yes, but it’s certainly not isolated to SLC. I’ve heard many more racist things in Texas and even Washington than I’ve heard in Utah. Not an excuse, just don’t like the Utah generalizations.

I’d point out it’s a widespread thing just cause I think Utah gets an unfair rep. Horrible conduct yes, but it’s certainly not isolated to SLC. I’ve heard many more racist things in Texas and even Washington than I’ve heard in Utah. Not an excuse, just don’t like the Utah generalizations.
It's not an either or thing. Yes, it happens everywhere. But it happens in Utah more. Utah also gets a higher blame for things.

Horribly behavior is everywhere I've ever been. But that doesn't excuse it.

Let's take this forum for example. Jazz fans here are probably the top of the Jazz fan pyramid. Yet you display, I'll be polite and say questionable behavior. Ask yourself, why is post after post about Mike Conley so negative? Ingles gets praise after praise...Conley gets the darts.
Well, the fans around them, the Jazz banning them, and this post would be addressing it.

Posts about Conley were negative because he played pretty bad his first year, while Joe made a great first impression. I really don't think race had anything to do with it, at least for most people.

What I don't understand is why those who will express racist comments choose to spend their time and money on a sport that is very minority based. When they say such things, they include their own team as well.

I wish I could believe that Utah people on the whole were not like this, but my own experiences proves otherwise. Most are just not so vocal as the few fans at the arena.

For example of Utah's type of racism - every time my mother has seen anything about Ryan Smith's scholarship program for underserved groups, she never says how wonderful that is. Her comment is always that it isn't fair to poor white people. Ugh!

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

The behavior of jazz fans against Morants was ridiculous AND the behavior of anyone who goes after the family of another player. No question. This is a wide spread issue no doubt. Trey young was literally spit on in NY. Spit on. Wow. I don’t think it’s helpful to say it happens more with this fan base than another - so I agree with that; that just creates more division and generalizations of whole cities.

I’m a jazz fan and have never said one word to any opposing player or players family at the games. I root for the jazz that’s it. I don’t blame all Knick fans for the disrespect of a few jerks just like I don’t blame all jazz fans for a few jerks.

Well, the fans around them, the Jazz banning them, and this post would be addressing it.

Trey young was literally spit on by New Yorkers. Despicable. You call out your few disgusting fans we’ll call out ours. Suggesting Knick fans are more respectful though? I call B S on that Hahaha

If only the Jazz could be the spitting image of Knick fans.