What's new

ZION

He has OMG plays half the time he touches the ball. Who in college history could you could say that about?

Take a look at this utter insanity:

Last edited:
I think people have problems with his game translating into the nba. We’ve become accustomed to the best players being super athletic guards who all shoot like Hornacek.

Zion is a weird player. He’s physically like Julius Randle on steroids but can handle and shoot the ball. He’s not a guard yet not quite the traditional SF/PF. I’m not sure I’ve seen a guy with a combination of upper body strength and jumping ability since Sir Charles. Yet he’s got ballhandling skills. He’s weird.

I think his floor has gotta be Young Melo/shorter Blake Griffin with shooting ability/Chicago version Deng)

He seems like a humble dude - almost Donovan-like in that regard. Which is even more impressive in his case being unlike D-Mitch, I'm sure this kid grew up in an AAU bubble - he's probably had adults kissing his *** since he's 11 years old.

As for his game I hesitate saying this because I know it will sound like a hater but I think you'll see a bunch of highlight dunks from him and a lot of impressive double-double numbers. I just don't see him being the focal point of a winning basketball team.

I’ll be honest, this is a good take even though a lot of people are probably gonna hate on you over it.

He’s an outstanding prospect. He looks like a lock to be a very good player and all star. But I too wonder if he’ll ever be able to “create” as a #1 option in the nba. I see him as more of a finisher and 3 point shooter (Blake Griffin, Draymon Green, Chicago version Deng) than a guy like lebron, Harden, Kobe, etc that you dump it into and orchestrate the offense.

Zion will need an unselfish guard like CP3 to truly tap into that potential.

He has OMG plays half the time he touches the ball. Who in college history could you could say that about?

Take a look at this utter insanity:

It really is like we are getting to see what LeBron would have looked like in college

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

There's something about him you don't like? Well, it must not be related to basketball because he's clearly phenomenal.

Time will tell. One year from now let's see where he's at. I'll gladly eat crow if he lives up to the hype train.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Totally. Zion is crazy good but so was Lebron.

But could Lebron do this?

Yes. Not any better or worse either. That looks like about the max that LeBron could do from the free throw line.
Lavine could leave from the same spot and go through the legs or behind the back with ease and put them both to shame though.

There's something about him you don't like? Well, it must not be related to basketball because he's clearly phenomenal.
They should have gave him more looks today and they would have won. He was amazing throughout the tournament and very efficient. They should have had him shoot more often. Unstoppable

I see what you're saying, like he can't get his shot. But he can and he'll get better.

I don’t think he’ll be awful getting his own shot. He’ll be one of the best pick and roll players in the game. He can shoot, post up, drive, out jump, and out muscle basically everyone other than maybe Greek Freak.

This is ****ing insane. Lebron as amazing as he is never had this kind of quickness and instant hops. Or did he? Look at every one of these highlights and look at them again.

Last edited: