What's new

In case you didn't know what this is...

NUMBERICA

2022 Award Winner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wm0rf9c7PQ&feature=player_embedded

This is an absolute nightmare for an opposing offense.

At 18 years old, this kid weighs in at 240, has a 9' 3" standing reach, footspeed and coordination to stay with guards, incredible athleticism, off-the-charts defensive instincts, and production to show for it. A dead-end if you think you're going to get a mismatch on a pick-and-roll.

P.S. This is all BEFORE the Hoops Summit. Highlights show what a person does the best, and comparing apples to apples, a highlight film has not made me this hard in a long, long time. You can't spin what his feet and reach are able to do in this. Insane.
P.P.S. AGGRESSIVE.
P.P.P.S. SMART.
P.P.P.P.S. NIGHTMARE.

I'm still not sold on this kid. Watching that highlight reel was like watching me dominate my kids on the 8 foot hoop out front. Kind of hard to get excited about a guy blocking six foot flat white guys scoop layups (which is another thing Jimmer will struggle with, those scoop shots are highlight reels waiting to happen) and six foot six inch centers getting their fadeaway jumpers blocked. Reminded me a lot of Evans.

Isn't the Hoops Summit the same event everyone keeps writing Kantor off on because it is just a glorified "all-star" game? If so, if Bismack was the only trying on defense, it definitely makes those numbers not look as impressive.

I'm just not sold on him. Too much hype, not enough substance.

Saer Sene had better highlights, more credentials, taller, and higher standing reach.

Then again Serge Ibaka wasn't exactly the Lebron James of Africa.

2gv1lyv.gif

More than raw.

The majority of his blocks came from cheat defense, and will lead to easy, assisted layups in the NBA. He plays AK's game, but is slower and less skilled.

Some women have future back problems. Well, Bismack has future knee problems since he punches them when he runs. But those long arms are fun to watch swat balls.

The vid ended in man hugs and NUMB is hard. Pretty low threshold, eh?

I think the kid is an absolute beast and would love to have him. Kid has a relentless motor, hyper athletic and defensive minded......yes and please.

I loved it at 1:43 when he pinned his man to the ground to start the fast break, and I sure hope that there are whole bunch of GM's in the NBA who think like Franklin and green because that's the only way we have a prayer of getting him at twelve. By the time this is all over three might be too late to grab him.

P.S. Interesting that he has his first name on the back of his uniform.

This thread is everything I thought it would be. AND MORE. Even I underestimated the shades of xenophobia that this might produce.

Joker, by "more credentials" do you mean riding the pine in Belgium and never really doing anything, anywhere, ever?

Wrong. At least in the highlights where he's wearing an orange jersey, that's the second best professional league in the world he's playing in.

No way, dude. If it's not the NBA, it's 3rd-world country stiffs and EVERYONE'S white and BUSTS lololol or Sene

And "Euro"

He may be a nightmare to opposing offenses, but he's a dream for their defenses. I'd like to see if he can hit a shot or at least be someone who has to be accounted for on offense. The blocks were nice, but there were a number of them that will get the shooter 2 free throws in the NBA. I wouldn't be opposed to him at #12, but I think I would rather have Faried if choosing between defensive minded 4's.

Wrong. At least in the highlights where he's wearing an orange jersey, that's the second best professional league in the world he's playing in.

I'm actually surprised by how bad those dudes looked he was playing against (the team in white mostly), especially if they're in the ABC league *one of the top three in Europe league. With that said, I think he has a lot of potential, but I would only consider him at 12.

He may be a nightmare to opposing offenses, but he's a dream for their defenses.
That didn't look like a very sweet dream the guys he was dunking on were having. If you get him the ball down low the defense has a serious problem on their hands, and he's so agile that it's not that difficult to give him the ball in good position. Franklin has a point on his knees, though. This kid is seriously active. Is he going to break down physically as a result?

That didn't look like a very sweet dream the guys he was dunking on were having. If you get him the ball down low the defense has a serious problem on their hands, and he's so agile that it's not that difficult to give him the ball in good position. Franklin has a point on his knees, though. This kid is seriously active. Is he going to break down physically as a result?

Maybe. This video and the one where he tore it up in Portland are as close as I've come to seeing him actually play. I'm sure they could have put together a highlight video of Greg Ostertag dunking and blocking shots when he was in high school or at Kansas. Doesn't mean he could do it all the time. How are Biyombo's hands? I'm not ripping him, but I'm not drooling over him either, since I haven't seen him play.