What's new

Will Kanter return for the 2015/2016 season

Will Kanter be back next season?

• Total voters

LjJazzman

I can't remember a player who is more all over the place then Kanter. His high and low swings are unbelievable. He seems to be a different player every 10 games with no two 10 game stretches during his entire career the same. You love him one play and hate him the next. No player has frustrated me more.

He is obviously incredibly skilled on offense. He's starting to understand his limitations better, and play within the offense more. His one dribble drives are a thing of beauty. His improvement in the post from where he started is amazing. His outside shot has gotten better but still needs a lot of work.

Defense is obviously his biggest issue. For the first 15 games or so he looked like one of the single worst defensive bigs in the league. Bad one on one, and even worse on team defense. Slow to react, slow to recover, and not enough intensity. He looks like he just didn't "get it". He has improved a lot in the last 10 games or so games. Playing with more intensity, not sagging off his guy when he shouldn't, and playing half way decent one on one D. So what happens during the next 10 games? Does he go back to being bad, or does he keep improving? Sadly neither would surprise me.

So the multi million dollar question is do we see him playing for us next year? Its hard to think we let a player with that much skill leave especially when we drafted him #3 over all. Rudys improvement also has to factor in to it. I wish we would see more of Favors and Rudy together to know if that can work long term or not.

I'd like to keep this thread to keep a pulse on what Jazz fans think of Kanter, if we think he will return, if he's going to be trade, and if we WANT him to be back. I'm waiting awhile to cast my vote.

I voted yes he will be back adn that I want him back. Based on his recent improvement and the assumption that his improvement will continue.

I also voted yes, and that I want him back. He has been playing with confidence, and has been bullying the other big men out there. Considering most NBA players don't hit their prime until after age 24, I think it would be wise to keep him around. He could be a legit 2nd option on a good team if you give him time.

He is like 21 or 22 years old right?

Keep him if the price is decent.

What is the price that is considered decent?
13 million per year? Idk
That might even be too much

I just would not want to give him a Hayward style contract is what im saying I guess

Yes and pray no team throws him a max or near max. There aren't many teams that can do that next year, but all it takes is one.

Wow people are fickle as hell on this forum. Did y'all forget that Chris Bosh exists and was injured. If he wasn't, he would probably have gone off and people would be screaming for Kanter to be traded... smh

If you'd asked me a month ago my answer would have been "No and I don't want him with the Jazz", but he's been making strides in the last several weeks. He's been giving consistent effort in defense, his rotations have been much better, his help defense and hedges have been great. His offense has never been a question for me. He still has some lapses every now and then, but I can actually see improvements. I am still not 100% sold on him and I still want to see those improvements on a consistent basis for longer period of time, and I am still very bugged by his low bbiq and inability to pass in offense, but in general I am warming up to him. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of offer he will get. I'd love for us to keep him ... "if the price is right"...

My answer was yes last year ,its been obvious he has the talent to be a 20/10 ballplayer in the NBA.It amuses me when Jazzfanz gushed about Gobert getting better at 22 ,Favors getting better at 23 ,Hayward getting stronger and better over the off season at 24.Yet same fanz said Kanter was as good as he will ever get(you know who you are),he will just be a plodding 4th or 5th option.
Now everybody is saying Kanter is opening my eyes at how good he's becoming and still only 22. Kanter won't be on the All NBA defensive team, he's there to score and rebound ..like your Aldridge's ,Love,Griffin.You can only hope you can have a player on the roster to match these kind of players in production .Kanter is starting to be that player .Why would anyone trade someone who is growing as a ballplayer to put up those kind of numbers.And only 22

This bit from a Dennis Lindsey interview makes me think we'll keep Kanter (and I hope we do)

"And I’d hate to go through the process with our young players, any young player, and go through all the trials and tribulations, and then let some other program reap the benefits when they turn 24, 25, 26. ‘Cause they’ll get there someday, chronologically."

He is like 21 or 22 years old right?

Keep him if the price is decent.

Define decent?

Is that $8M/per or about what Favors is paid ($12m). Or will another team, knowing the cap is going to skyrocket in 18 months, offer him $16M to pry him away?

This bit from a Dennis Lindsey interview makes me think we'll keep Kanter (and I hope we do)

"And I’d hate to go through the process with our young players, any young player, and go through all the trials and tribulations, and then let some other program reap the benefits when they turn 24, 25, 26. ‘Cause they’ll get there someday, chronologically."
Dennis Lindsey sure has his derp comments. Yes, unless there is some tragic accident or terminal illness, all the young Jazz players will get to 24, 25, 26 chronologically. The question is what kind of talent will they have when they arrive at each birthday. Because if it's just a matter of chronology, you better re-sign everyone.