What's new

1/9/2015: Jazz @ Thunder 6PM MT--ROOT, NBALP

I'm watching the first half right now, and they missed him wide-open under the rim at least four times in the first quarter alone.

That was driving me crazy... Last game it happened too.

Nothing to be ashamed of; Jazz fought hard. And I REALLY, REALLY enjoyed the OKC feed. Lieberman knows her stuff. Perhaps the best analyst I've heard thus far (sorry, Matt).

What the hell does this mean? "Game was a tight ********", "Game was such a tight buthole", or do you talk to your anal orifice "that game was so tight, Mr. ********!"?
It means the game was great.... cause having a tight ******** is good
Having a loose ******** is bad

We are being spoiled. This was great entertainment. We lost, but we played 2 undrafted players 53 minutes and held the lead for the vast majority of the game. Westbrook was blocked 4 times, Ibaka 2. If we hadn't shot the 3 so poorly in the second half this was ours.

I wanted to see a win so bad, but this was a good game. Hayward's 3pt shot is still broken, but I don't think it'll stay that way. A couple key shots didn't go down (baseline Favors midrange shot at the end comes to mind), Durant shoots 100% from midrange fadeaways. Nothing you can do about that. Theres a reason Durant is such a special talent, and he takes over games in the 4th quarter. Waiters couldn't shoot a 3 for his life until that last one. Little things like that. The Jazz strung together 3 really really competitive quarters against a championship contender, and we should be very happy about that.

The Jazz strung together 3 really really competitive quarters against a championship contender, and we should be very happy about that.

Really, 3 and a half. Offense came up dry in the last 6 minutes... Jazz just played far less aggressively down the stretch, scared even. Can't win by playing not to lose.

-The Thunder neutralized Rudy's dominance by shooting jumpers and through fast break points.

To be fair, I'd take teams shooting jumpers any day of the week instead of attacking the rim... Also... 7 blocks and 3 steals kind of doesn't seem like neutralizing Rudy's dominance.

The fast break points were due to turnovers and had nothing to do with Rudy.

Games like these makes me so proud to be a Jazz-fan. Getting up in the morning here in Norway to watch the games can be tiring, but with perfomances like these, who cares? I love this team.

Rudy Gobert still eating souls.

Somebody needs to put together his full season highlights because this is truly special. Blocks, altered shots, rebounds, passing, scoring, etc. how many blocked dunks has he already had in limited time?

We're watching a potential FRANCHISE center come into his own right before our eyes. With improvements in Favors, Hayward, Kanter, Burks (before the injury), Burke, Exum, Hood and Booker. . . well. . . the future is bright.

Can't believe he slipped to 27 and that it only cost the Jazz cash and a late 2nd to get him. When does that EVER happen. Jazz have to bring over his buddy Raul Neto next year. Whatever it takes to keep him happy.

Was Booker interviewed after the game? If so, what did he say about the shot?

Just need a shooting 2 guard, and this team is ready. Gobert is looking like he might be the future star we need to pair with Hayward. Now we just need a deadly shooter. Not sure if Hood is that man. His stroke is good looking, but we'll have to see. It will be fun watching him develop this season if he can stay healthy. Love Burks, he'll be our awesome 6th man scoring punch when he comes back next year. Burke is running the team well. Favors is stepping up. Hayward is playing at an All Star level. Everyone needs to continue to clean up their game, and improve. I dont miss Kanters slap defense. Enes looks like nothing more than a decent scoring bench player right now.

I watched the 2nd half of the game and am still really impressed. The last 6 minutes of the game were frustrating because OKC really took over and it seemed like we couldnt score unless it was at the free throw line. I thought it would be a blow out but we played really well despite all the injuries. Really liked what I saw from Favors. As much as everyone is high on Gobert, myself included, Favors has been a straight up stud lately. Showing some Malone type moves. Very excited for this team

Jazz 15-22 free throws
Thunder 8-9 free throws

We gotta work on those. And to hold an NBA team to only 9 free throws is not good but great defense.

Remember when we used to lead the league in fouls? Teams would normally have 9 free throws by the end of the first qtr against us.

Whatever Quin is teaching them it's golden. I haven't seen us become soft. If anything, we are far more physical than a lot of past Jazz teams. The defense they have been playing is just about as good as I've ever seen out of this franchise. Favors and Gobert down low provides us with defense the league hasn't seen since the Wallace bros in Detroit or the Twin Towers in San Antonio.