What's new

1/9/2015: Jazz @ Thunder 6PM MT--ROOT, NBALP

Just finished watching.
Some of ya'll bitching about quin and Hayward are just ******* (rymes with wussies)

Great game
Jazz started joe ingles for gawd sake. We were on the road against a full strength okc (durant westbrook ibaka adams waiters jackson) we should have had no chance to win....... Great game by our guys, great job coaching, jazz rule, **** the whiny bitches.

Watching the first half right now and Hayward continues to miss the lob to Rudy game after game (at least three times in the first quarter; good, God it's a lob, just throw it). He also has horrible turn overs because he doesn't pass it to him inside. Favors has been making Malonesque plays lately and has been beasting it on the boards. Rudy's passing was impressive, still needs to take a few more shots to progress.

-Great hustle by the Jazz (I like Milsap).
-The Thunder neutralized Rudy's dominance by shooting jumpers and through fast break points.
-Hayward's' damn good!
-Rudy had four lobs under the basket and no one passed it to him. I understand that he's not Hakeem, but you have to trust your teammates. The guy works so hard on D, give him some bunnies.

Game was so tight buthole

Terrible, terrible officiating.

A great game from Utah. OKC is an ELITE team now that everyone is back and the Jazz went toe-to-toe. Rudy, Favs, Hayward and Trey were studs. Booker and Millsap solid off the bench. Elijah is showing he belongs in the league.

Some amazing sequences for the Jazz, wow. Just watched Gobert's block of Ibaka with the amazing passing on the other end for a Burke three! Love this team!

My brain exploded trying to figure out "the other way". Please put me out of my misery! What does this mean?

Pretty simple.

Without rim protectors, the Jazz give up layups. With favors and Gobert, they force teams to stay out on the perimeter. I'll take Durant going off and waiters saying prayers over westbrook and co getting easy non-contested dunks.

Or did you forget the previous Jazz teams when boozer and okur turned the paint into a layup drill?

My brain exploded trying to figure out "the other way". Please put me out of my misery! What does this mean?

The Thunder took jumpshots because of Rudy. Anytime you can make a team take jumpshots instead of drive to the hoop, that's a good thing. It's why we were in the game.

The Thunder took jumpshots because of Rudy. Anytime you can make a team take jumpshots instead of drive to the hoop, that's a good thing. It's why we were in the game.

I understood the concept, just couldn't process the opposites thing. It's just kind of the chicken and the egg thing. Obviously Rudy dominated the paint, but I've noticed that teams like the Clippers and OKC take a lot of jumpers anyway and they're good at them. OKC is really good at fastbreaks which can neutralize a big man like Gobert since he's not in the play (he was -20 for the night because of this by the way). I was blown away at his command of the paint, blocking both Adams and Ibaka at the rim and denying Westbrook twice on his blisteringly fast drives to the rim. Amazing! Still plenty to work out, but love what I'm seeing.

Big props to Trey as well! Let's keep it up little fella.

I said last week or so everyone except Trey was improving and I believe that Quin will get him on track as well. And here Trey looks much better. They didn't call Dr. Q a player development coach for nothing! He'll get the most out of the talent we have. And about his questionable lineup down the stretch, what did ya'll expect? We missed 3 rotation players, have a game the next day and the 4 important starters played +35 minutes. Come one man. Sorry butt can't blame him...

Chick analyst has chops. . .

One of the best female basketball players of all time: Nancy Lieberman. Also went by the name of Nancy Lieberman-Cline. Her nickname was "Lady Magic." She also hits it from both sides. She was married to a man for 13 years, but as a WNBA head coach, she had an affair with her PG, which I'm sure was the cause of her divorce.

Trey Burke's improvement lately has been impressive. He's passing, getting to the FT line, and seems to be scoring over the tall timber a lot better lately. Even his defense has improved. He had a block on Westbrook tonight.

One of the funnest jazz losses, guys play with a lot of confidence and we went toe to toe with them all game long.

We are missing Hood's outside shooting dearly, every time Joe Ingles shoots a three I cringe.