What's new

2010-2011 Jazz schedule released

First 10 are brutal, final 7 are brutal. The rest looks pretty fair IMO. I'd be happy with a 5-5 start and a 4-3 finish from those 17 games.

54-28 is my prediction.

Looks like they updated that link since I posted. More national games is better, unless the team sucks.

19 back to backs. @ DEN -PHX; @ GS-LAC; @MIA-@ORL; @ATL-@CHA; SA-@POT; @LAC-MIL; ORL-@DAL; @NO-@MIL; @LAC-@POT; @MEM-@HOU; @BOS- @PHI; @LAL-SA; @GS-CHA; @DEN-OKC; @PHX-GS; @IND -@DET; @MIN-@CHI; @HOU-@MEM; @OKC-NO; Jazz home opponents in the away & home back to backs are tough this year, look for the jazz home record to be down this year (just like the NBA wanted ha ha ha!)

NBA also tried to give the Chicago Jazz the edge in Chicago by making the Utah Jazz play there as the 4th game in 6 nights all on the road and the second night of b2b.

The December East Coast Swing has turned into a 5 game January East Coast swing folowed by a back to back at LA and home with SA. Ouch!

The start of the schedule looks brutal for a team with new key players and a recovering Memo. Hopefully thier clicking by March so they can make the playoffs. DId anyone else notice the two Lakers games in april? Proabably foreshadowing of the #1Lakers vs #8 Jazz first round match-up.

Last edited:
tough start

...we've got 11 games in Nov. against teams that played better than .500 last year. We definitely need to win ALL of our Nov. home games! Thankfully, hopper teams usually do poorly during the first part of the season, while fundamentally sound teams like the Jazz....do better than average. So we've got THAT going for us!

So whats the chances Boozer doesnt play that game here in Utah? Im thinking 80% or more that he is injured.
LOL. Zach Harper of ESPN concurs:

Feb. 9: Chicago Bulls at Utah Jazz
Carlos Boozer is back in Utah to take on his old apprentice Paul Millsap and the new guy, Al Jefferson. Odds on Boozer being healthy enough to play in this game are probably not as good as Bulls fans are hoping.

And once again, the stupid, idiotic, money grubbing, brainless no Sunday home games rears its ugly head. I guess when there's a buck to be made the Jazz enjoy putting themselves at a competitive disadvantage.

Well...I guess not playing home Sunday games isn't a big a detriment as people have thought (at least this season).

I still detest it. However, looking at the schedule analysis, I do struggle to find any proof that it necessarily gives the Jazz a much more unfavorable schedule, other than the Jazz playing a greater than average 3 games in 4 days. Still, if it even reduced one of the 3 games in 4 days it would be worth it to give a Sunday game or two at home.

...we've got 11 games in Nov. against teams that played better than .500 last year. We definitely need to win ALL of our Nov. home games! Thankfully, hopper teams usually do poorly during the first part of the season, while fundamentally sound teams like the Jazz....do better than average. So we've got THAT going for us!

Of course you have proof of this. Like the Nuggets horrendous start to the ---oh wait.

I was going to say the Lakers had the fewest back-to-backs because of geography and sharing Staples, but then I looked at the Clippers' February schedule: 12 out of 14 games on the road although one of them is 'at' the Lakers.

Like many have already said the start of the season is absolutely brutal, the last few years the Jazz have gotten off to slow starts to begin with but before that I seem to remember the Jazz getting off to fast starts and people saying its because of the system, at any rate if the Jazz come out sluggish combined with the Oct-Nov schedule they could be in the bottom third of the league record wise.

For example looking at the first 10 games, I'm not predicting just saying it is conceivable worst case because a lot of their would be wins are on the road or on a back to back so no gimmies: @DEN no shame in an away season opener, PHX at home would say a win but it is a back to back so again conceivable loss, TOR at home the first better win of the season, @GSW should definitely win but it is a road game and if the Jazz are struggling who knows, LAC at home should win but again it is a back to back so possible loss, so at this point worst case is 1W 5L.
Now comes the brutal road trip and it is very conceivable to get swept, the Jazz haven't won in MIA in years and this year obviously the toughest ever, @ORL is back to back on the road likely a loss, @ATL they do have a day off but ATL should be a good team and they've struggled against them the past couple of years and got swept by them last year so again likely a loss, @CHA a back to back road game likely a loss even though CHA isn't a great team the Jazz for whatever reason always struggle just look at the recored.

So if that worst case happens that is 1W 9L (1-9) start to the season and the rest of Nov. isn't easy too continue my worst case and the Jazz lose every "could go either way game" the Jazz could close the month of Nov. with 5wins (5-14).

Great break down. Did you notice who has the fewest Back to Backsin the league? Lakers, Phoenix, OKC the darlings of the west.

On the other hand, the Lakers and Phoenix never play an oppenent on the opponent's fourth game in five days, and the Lakers lead the league in playing opponents with a day of rest (a full 59 games out of 82).