What's new

2010 NBA Finals - Boston celtics vs L.A. Lakers

Stupid Celtics, beat these clowns already! How can you let Fisher beat you?

Anyway, is it just me or are these games really hard to watch?

....the NBA has been "unwatchable" since Stockton and Malone left the Jazz! Kobe, the supposed best player in the game today, shot 10-28. That's unwatchable basketball! Didn't check to see how many assists either team had last night, but it couldn't have been many. A watchable NBA game must have both teams shooting nearly 50% and each having 25 or more assists. Neither is very common in today's NBA. Personally, I was flipping back and forth last night from the Braves game and "True Grit!" Both were more watchable than this NBA finals game! By the way, when is that "lockout" going to begin?

I can't remember a worse commentating job in the history of sports. The big 3 are unbearable. While even the chick sideline reporter is ugly. Where the hell are the Erin Andrews of sports reporting?

Another reason why the NFL eats the NBA. Far better sideline reporters.

Plus, every timeout isn't annoying with a clip of a coach yelling, "k guys, we're doing good but lets play with more energy, alright?"

I wonder how injuries are going to figure into things. If Bynum is unable to go, I can't see how Boston won't win this thing.

However, Sheed appeared shaken up at the end of the game.

The refs have been horrible this series.

Wow, I couldn't believe that Paul Pierce decked the ref after the hoop and foul, albeit it was accidental. Props to the ref for understanding that it was an accident and not tossing him or t-ing him up.

The refs have been horrible. While a few calls have gone the Celtics way, most are going to the Lakers, and some of them are blatantly bad. For example, in game 4, the charge on Pierce when Kobe stepped right in front of him and wasn't even close to establishing position, or the one against Sheed when he backed off Gasol and never touched him and Gasol fell on his own, or the three seconds call on Garnett when the Celtics had not even had the ball across midcourt for two seconds. Such blatantly wrong calls makes me think Stern has passed the word down that the refs are to ensure that the Lakers win. It makes you wonder how deep the corruption is and who's paying off whom.

A watchable NBA game must have both teams shooting nearly 50% and each having 25 or more assists. Neither is very common in today's NBA.

I like these grind it out, low scoring defensive games. Watching Big Baby dominate was just awesome last night. I wish we drafted that dude. Almond Joy!

The Celtics will win this series because of their depth. And it's kind of funny watching them without Bynum considering we've had to face them two years in a row with key players injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgwewDrvivQ

The refs have been horrible. While a few calls have gone the Celtics way, most are going to the Lakers, and some of them are blatantly bad. For example, in game 4, the charge on Pierce when Kobe stepped right in front of him and wasn't even close to establishing position, or the one against Sheed when he backed off Gasol and never touched him and Gasol fell on his own, or the three seconds call on Garnett when the Celtics had not even had the ball across midcourt for two seconds. Such blatantly wrong calls makes me think Stern has passed the word down that the refs are to ensure that the Lakers win. It makes you wonder how deep the corruption is and who's paying off whom.

Or Sheed's clean block on Kobe giving Sheed his 5th foul.

Or Sheed's clean block on Kobe giving Sheed his 5th foul.

Which also resulted in Sheed's 6th (I think it was his 6th) tech which means the next 1 will earn him a 1 game suspension.

The refs have been horrible in this series. Horrible. And clearly biased favoring the Lakers. It's almost as if Stern is bound and determined to make Kobe the new MJ.

As if he needs to win another title to prove that he's still the best player in the league....

Any news on Bynum? I know this probably makes me a horrible person, but I hope he's a no go. The whole series becomes very interesting if Bynum is unable to play (or play effectively). All of a sudden pressure is then put on Artest and Odom, who have been sleepwalking this whole series letting their teammates do all the winning.

I think the Celtics can win this thing! Deny Kobe another ring, please!

by retirement you mean coaching? Fisher will be annoying Jazz fans for the next 20 years!
If he retired, the "Fisher Lied" chicks would fade into oblivion. Can't let that happen.
No, I'm hoping Derek remains with the Lakers for another 5 years. He's already said he wants to return and believes he should be the starter. Let him continue to be the weakest link.

If he retired, the "Fisher Lied" chicks would fade into oblivion. Can't let that happen.
No, I'm hoping Derek remains with the Lakers for another 5 years. He's already said he wants to return and believes he should be the starter. Let him continue to be the weakest link.

Im sure he will be back for a couple more.