What's new

2010 NBA Finals - Boston celtics vs L.A. Lakers

I enjoy that gif. +rep. Could use a little bit more Fisher lied chicks though. To really let it be known.

...I see NO scenario in which the Celtics can beat the Lakers in game 7 on Thursday, do you? The Lakers are just the better team. Add to that the home court, ref leanings and Kobe hitting forced shots left and right....this is going to be, in all probability, another 20 plus point blowout.

...I see NO scenario in which the Celtics can beat the Lakers in game 7 on Thursday, do you? The Lakers are just the better team. Add to that the home court, ref leanings and Kobe hitting forced shots left and right....this is going to be, in all probability, another 20 plus point blowout.

Then again... Cleveland blew out the C's and they came right back and hammered them back. I think they will be desperate and play much harder. Should be a close one. IMO of course.

Then again... Cleveland blew out the C's and they came right back and hammered them back. I think they will be desperate and play much harder. Should be a close one. IMO of course.

...well, I'll put another "crow eating" avatar up there if your right! But I just don't see it happenin! The Lakers are going to kill the Celtics tomorrow....and there's nothing they can do to stop it!

Perkins is OUT for Game 7. Unless Big Baby can come up with another performance like his 4th quarter in Boston, G7 will be a blow out.
I'm looking forward to the rioting.

It's going to be a close one. I think Sheed comes up big for this one. He's still got the talent and if he can keep his head in the game, he's still a lot better than Perkins. Strange how they were saying that Perkins is the better defender. Actually Sheed is a much better shot blocker. A lot depends on Kobe. If he has one of those games where he gets it going, then I think the Lakers will win; then again, if Rondo gets on a roll, it might be the C's.

If you've never had the chance to see a bunch of men fondling and stroking each other, babbling on like crazy women during an ******, check out today's Daily Dime:

https://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100617/daily-dime

A Gift For The NBA And The Fans
By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

AllenLOS ANGELES -- It's all so perfect. The historic franchises. The incomparable star power. The great competitiveness.

With the LeBron Watch threatening to overshadow the NBA's Main Event, David Stern received a gift from the heavens.

Four likely Hall of Famers, two other All-Stars, the winningest clubs in the sport, the greatest coach in league history, one of the greatest coaches in today's game and colorful supporting characters nicknamed Ron-Ron, Big Baby and Donkey, are set to clash in a Super Bowl/March Madness/winner-take-all-style Game 7, and no free-agent frenzy or coaching flirtation can compare.

Does It Get Any Better?
By Arash Markazi
ESPN Los Angeles

FisherLOS ANGELES -- This is the way it was supposed to be. This is the way we dreamed it would be. And luckily for us, this is the way it will be: Lakers, Celtics, Game 7, NBA Finals.

This is the kind of moment sports clichés -- do-or-die, must-win, no tomorrow, backs against the wall -- were created for, and the kind of game you'll talk about decades later no matter the outcome.

Seriously, if Jack Nicholson were on a horse wearing a Kobe jersey, these sports writers would stop at nothing to help Jack off that horse.

Seriously, if Jack Nicholson were on a horse wearing a Kobe jersey, these sports writers would stop at nothing to help Jack off that horse.

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

If the refs allow these two teams to play, then it will be a classic tough game with the Celtics coming out w/a w.

But if the refs control the game like they have in virtually every single lakers win, calling tough fouls for Gasol and Kobe while allowing KG to be hacked, it's going to be a blowout.

Pau Gasol should have won the Finals MVP. He was the difference in the series. Kobe played extremely well, but Pau was the MVP.

Wow, Lakers shot over twice as many FTs as the Celtics. It's ok Boston, we've been there and seen that. Not to mention the sweet up and down move that Pau Gasol made. Could you imagine how lethal Malone would have been had he been allowed to do that?

Nice 5 steps by Gasol on one of his final scores....I think I also saw a up and down on that play...what a joke

I enjoyed this series. It was obviously very competitive.

However, I can honestly say that these playoffs have turned me off in a way that no other playoffs have.

I'm so tired of:

#1 The NBA cares and seeing the phony clips. Just the overall over-selling that the NBA does. From these clips to the announcing and those annoying sound bites from the coaches (which show and tell you nothing. No one needs to hear Phil Jackson talking about the Celtics 4th quarter playoff woes. Or Doc Rivers telling his guys to "play together." No one cares). The announcing was pathetic. The NBA tried waaaaaaaayyyy too hard to create drama. You know, the non-stop praising about Kobe's legacy, Lebron's future, Fisher's daughter, etc. They shouldn't need to sell their players, the game should sell itself. We don't need to create drama involving two fans and their shirts. The game itself should create drama. Has there ever been two fans scrutinized so much as those two poor Fisher-Lied girls? The NBA or MLB sure don't focus their attention so much on the fans as the NBA did in this incident.

#2 The officiating. There were times where I honestly thought I was watching old reruns of the WWF. In no other "professional" sport are the refs so much a part of the show. And for hell's sakes, why are 90 year old men officiating these games? They're trying to keep up with some of the best athletes in the world! No wonder why they guess on the calls over half the time.

I'm grateful that the NBA is now over. For the first time in my life I feel a disconnect w/the NBA and really don't feel bad about it. Now we can focus on a real sport, the NFL.

I feel for Doc Rivers(that press conference was tough to watch) and the Celtics. Perkins going out with injury with 1 game left is incredibly unlucky.
Jazz fans almost know the feeling(game 6 is not quite game 7) of coming that close only to fall just short. And this group looks like it could be their last serious run at a championship(Big 3 are getting up there in age). Too bad.