What's new

2011 draft.....

I really want Knight... the idea of having a solid, home-grown "floor general" again is just a comforting feeling

I agree, but patience needs to win out. The best player available (whomever that ends up being in KOC's mind) has to be the focus every draft. Another stud PG would be great, but so would a stud C or SF. Emphasis on the word "stud".

I found this interesting over at Yahoo sports, written by DX's Givony:

#3 Utah Jazz (From New Jersey Nets)
Brandon Knight, PG
19 years old; 6'3"; 180 lbs
Kentucky, freshman
The Jazz are still far from making a final decision here, and probably won't for a while until they get to see all the main candidates in person (Knight, Enes Kanter, Kemba Walker, Jonas Valanciunas and Bismack Biyombo). For now, most NBA people have Knight penciled in here. Guard is a huge position of need for the Jazz and Knight is considered the most talented one after Irving.
The team is also actively exploring trade opportunities, namely for a proven starting point guard. It's an indication that things are still wide open at this pick.

Was there a falling out with Devin Harris?

I found this interesting over at Yahoo sports, written by DX's Givony:

Was there a falling out with Devin Harris?

I saw that too. Was kind of confused that there wasn't a qualifier of something to the effect of 'younger' or 'with a game that ages better' or something to that effect. Harris isn't my favorite, but he's pretty ****ing proven.

Looks like a typo that should have been 'shooting' guard. Though I could see KOC making a play for Nash if the asking price wasn't ridiculous, and that deal would undoubtedly include Harris.

Who is going to be more proven then Harris? He was an Allstar like 2 years ago. I hope its not going to be Andre Miller for Harris, Ill be so mad!!! I'd be ok if it were Tony Parker for Harris though. Or Harris for Batum/Miller!! But who is more proven then Harris (thats avble?) Interesting thats all im saying

Looks like a typo that should have been 'shooting' guard. Though I could see KOC making a play for Nash if the asking price wasn't ridiculous, and that deal would undoubtedly include Harris.

I don't want Nash for Harris. What package could Phx give us that we love? I beat there asking anybody that wants Nash to take on the contrat of Childress to.

Harris/Millsap for Nash, Childress, Lopez? Don't really see us getting all that much better

Any Nash deal would have to include the 3. Phoenix would want KOC to take Childress but that's a non starter (especially in an uncertain CBA environment). If a deal like that was going to happen, the platform would be Nash for the 3 without Childress being included. But it would take more than the 3 to get Nash, of course.

Nash would be great, but at the cost it will take to get him. Not worth it! What about felton/Gallenari for Millsap/12th pick? Then Utah would still have a ton of options; with Harris to Portland? Knight with the number 3? #3 and Okur for AI? Id be pretty excited with it.

I can't believe people want to give away the third pick. The Jazz are several years away from contending and they are very short of talent. Our bench sucked last year. Once the Jazz acquire talent and develop some of it then you fill in the roster. I love Nash but he has tops two more years left at this level. AI is nice but his contract sucks.

Miles, Bell, Okur and Tomic for Nash and 13. Time to get on the phone.

You are joking right? You dont think Phoenix will give us Nash and the 13th pick for this do you?

I suppose we could throw in the rights to Dragevic and a re-signed Kirilenko if that'd spice up the deal. I heard he's working on his jump shot this summer.

Be careful. ie: Minnesota

Agree with Bentley and Numberica. And we're not Minnesota. I'm not concerned with year after year of losing. KOC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kahn.
I think a pretty good foundation is in place with Favors, Hayward and Millsap. And two high scorers in Jefferson and Harris. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz finish with a .500 record.
Jazz are also looking good financially; AK off the books this year, Okur next and then Harris. And to replace those players we have 3 lottery picks. Utah may not have a Durant, but the Jazz could very well be the next OKC, with some good young talent developing. I won't be overly disappointed if Knight is the pick. Watson was serviceable as a backup, but not overwhelming.

A future of Knight-Hayward-Favors-Jefferson-(and TBD at SF) could be very good.

Jonathan Givony on Timberwolves #2:

The team has reportedly narrowed down their choices to Williams and Enes Kanter.

If Minnesota keeps the pick and selects Williams, sources say the Timberwolves will look to move Michael Beasley as they try to improve the "culture of the team."