What's new

2013 Chicago Combine May 15-19

FWIW, PKM is right about Larkin. While his athletic numbers are great, you can't really compare him to Nate Robinson. Even though they both have about the same vertical, you can tell that Robinson is much more explosive. Now what I mean by that is that Robinson gets up quicker. It's like having two guys that both run a 10.7 in the 100 meter, but the first guy runs a 4.3 40 and the second guy runs a 4.5 40. Now Larkin isn't bad by any means, but these Nate Robinson comparisons aren't exactly legit IMO.

Larkin rarely every dunks (even though he can, kinda, has small hands), and doesn't finish nearly as well as Robinson does. He struggles running an offense, and his size is a limiting factor. I like him, but I like him as a backup.

I would like it to be known that PKM was agreeing with me.

.... speaking of saying **** and nobody listening... I just read three pages where you all were agreeing with this in one way or another.

;)

True. I was nodding in agreement when I read your post. Here is your recognition.

All fanbases have their idiots. UK fans are very knowledgeable about the game, but I have to admit I HATE it when Cal comes on a local radio show and takes callers... I cringe. It's like only the most backwards marble-mouth talking hicks get through.. and ask the dumbest questions imaginable...

Caller - So coach? (awkward silence)
Cal - Yes, go ahead.....
Caller - Uhh, yeah... so, anyways, I was just thinkin bout basketball and all and the upcoming season and what have you.. and I was just wonderin if your thinkin we're gonna have a good team. I'll go ahead and hang up and listen. Go CAYUTS!
Cal - Yes, I think we'll be good. Next called *sigh*

Hahahaha... sometimes words are worth a thousand words... LOL

I'd take Larkin at #21, only if we couldn't get Schroeder/McCollum at #14.

He would be an improvement on Earl Watson..... I can't stand watching him for 1 more game, let alone 1 more year!

Those didn't address my post.. I still wanna know if you have higher expectations for our #21 pick than Kemba.

In this draft... No way. I'd be shocked if our #21 pick ever plays a second of meaningful NBA basketball.

what's wrong with the word Christian? Isn't that the exact definition of follower of Christ?

I dunno.. follower of Christ implies we're following his lead, his example, it brings forth what he had done for us in terms of his sacrifice, forgiveness and love. We're his agent for changing this world for the better. To bring peace on earth.

Sometimes I hear people shouting "I'm a CHRISTIAN!!!" - and I've always wondered if Christ would do the same. Probably not. He'd be meek, humble, and accepting. I don't think he can be so arrogant.

I dunno.. follower of Christ implies we're following his lead, his example, it brings forth what he had done for us in terms of his sacrifice, forgiveness and love. We're his agent for changing this world for the better. To bring peace on earth.

Sometimes I hear people shouting "I'm a CHRISTIAN!!!" - and I've always wondered if Christ would do the same. Probably not. He'd be meek, humble, and accepting. I don't think he can be so arrogant.

He'd change is name to kkkristtt. But not in a racist way.

Christ wouldn't call himself a Christian, because He can't follow himself. Duh.

He called himself God's Son, how much more arrogant can he get?

In this draft... No way. I'd be shocked if our #21 pick ever plays a second of meaningful NBA basketball.

whats the move then?

package it with 14 to move up to like... 10?

wait it out and see if anyone wants to swap a 2014 pick last minute?

use it on an international project and stash him for a few years?

if its me, i use the pick

Tell us, dear hotttnickkk, what the ***** is a TRUE follower of Christ? Please, wise one, inform us of whom has sullied the term 'Christian' so that we may seek our holy revenge in his name and with your wisdom which is His. We are ever grateful at the purity of your vision, and wish that we too could remain unperverted by the whimsy of our current era. Praise Jah.

There will be role players through about 40. Whennit is said this is a terrible draft I take thqt as quality starters\allstars. I think there are plenty of role\bench players from 5-40.