What's new

2014 College Football

College football really should go to a relegation system.

Top Tier: 4 Conferences of 12.

The Champ of each Conference goes on to play in the playoff.
Each year the bottom team in each conference gets knocked down to the 2nd tier.

2nd Tier: 8 Divisions of 10(2 divisions per conference)

The champ of 2 Divisions will play a bowl game. The winner moves up to the Top Tier.

Further Bowl games could be played by invitation.

I can't think of a situation where the fix would be more guaranteed to be in than that. Holy Cow, the booster payments to the refs. . . They would show up in BMW's and wear their Rolex's on the field.

Yeah I can see that. It would be difficult indeed for Taysom to hang 40+ on the likes of UAB. Texas is one thing, but UAB is an entire different level.

Difference is by the 4th game of the year Dak will be whooping on LSU while Hill plays vs. Virginia....... lol.

I wouldn't get too caught up in beating Texas. They are the most consistently inconsistent team in the nation. We'll see how good they are when they play OU. Texas players have the attention span of a fly. BYU will have many tougher games this season.

I can't think of a situation where the fix would be more guaranteed to be in than that. Holy Cow, the booster payments to the refs. . . They would show up in BMW's and wear their Rolex's on the field.

You're right. It's better that BYU slowly fades into complete irrelevance.

Won't be favored against UCF or Cal, and will get beat by both.

£¥£

negged_gif_82124169.gif

Taysom Hill a poor man's Dak Prescott.

Dak -- 495 yards at 59% 8Td's 2 picks - 134 yards rushing 5.2 avg per 1TD long 17

Taysom -- 489 yards at 73% 3Td's 1 pick - 196 yards rushing 5.4 avg per 5TD long 30

Dak played Southern Miss and UAB.
Taysom played UConn and Texas.

Yep, for sure a poor man's Dak... and yea it looks like a lock that Dak tears up LSU because LSU is worse than both Southern Miss and UAB.

Clearly.

-- waiter, I'll have what he's having.

The thing that stood out to me when doing my thesis, is that there isn't any New Years Day bowls in the west, outside of the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. BYU has no shot at the Rose Bowl, ever, because they are staunch in their tradition. And if the Fiesta Bowl is against BYU like Cowherd said, then they will never get into a good bowl.

They need to get into a conference.

The question I have BYU fan is this: would you rather be a G5 team, be ranked and left out of all the big bowls and have a crappy schedule or would you rather be a mediocre P5 school, not be ranked every year but have a great schedule and know that the sixth place B12 team has a better bowl than Indy BYU?

Easy call for me. I'm glad Utah is in the PAC-12, and though it's been rough, the schedule has been amazing. And I know that if 2008 or 2004 ever happens again, we will be hoisting a trophy. I'm not sure that would be good enough for BYU fans.

The thing that stood out to me when doing my thesis, is that there isn't any New Years Day bowls in the west, outside of the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. BYU has no shot at the Rose Bowl, ever, because they are staunch in their tradition. And if the Fiesta Bowl is against BYU like Cowherd said, then they will never get into a good bowl.

They need to get into a conference.

The question I have BYU fan is this: would you rather be a G5 team, be ranked and left out of all the big bowls and have a crappy schedule or would you rather be a mediocre P5 school, not be ranked every year but have a great schedule and know that the sixth place B12 team has a better bowl than Indy BYU?

Easy call for me. I'm glad Utah is in the PAC-12, and though it's been rough, the schedule has been amazing. And I know that if 2008 or 2004 ever happens again, we will be hoisting a trophy. I'm not sure that would be good enough for BYU fans.

I'd enthusiastically prefer that BYU was in the big 12 as opposed to being independent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your real question is much more simple...... would byu fans rather be in P5 conference or be independent?

I'm quite certain that over 95% of byu fans would choose to be in a P5 conference

Your real question is much more simple...... would byu fans rather be in P5 conference or be independent?

I'm quite certain that over 95% of byu fans would choose to be in a P5 conference

Let's say BYU was invited to a P5 conference...we will say the Big 12. How many years before you are bowl eligible?

I hate to admit it, but I've been curious to see how the majority of BYU fans feel about their 2-and-0 start so I ventured over to cougarboard and I was taken aback by a lot of what I read. So many posters on that site claiming that BYU is still head and shoulders above Utah as the better program. Do the BYU fans on this site feel that way? When going back the last 20 years, looking at head to head wins and who's put up bigger seasons with bigger wins on a national scale, how can anybody claim that BYU is head and shoulders above Utah? I have no problem conceding that BYU's fan base has a larger, more rabid footprint due to the LDS members around the globe, and yes BYU has the only NC between the two but to put it as simple as possible: BYU has not outperformed Utah over the past 2 decades.

Another thing that struck me: After 2 wins against UCONN and Texas, so many fans talking Heisman possibilities for Taysom, New Years Day bowl game, and some even thinking BYU had a shot at the playoffs. It quickly reminded me that any time BYU is good, so many of their fans immediately go to a "10" on the expectation level. On the flip side, Utah is also 2-0 and most Utah fans still seem to be of the thinking that getting to 6 wins and a bowl game is going to be a tall order. It only fueled my biggest critique of BYU fans which is that a majority of them are clueless honks that really think the college football world revolves around them once they manage to field a decent team.

Props to the BYU fans on this board who seem to be able to temper expectations while still rooting on their team . Yes, there are a few of you here.

Let's say BYU was invited to a P5 conference...we will say the Big 12. How many years before you are bowl eligible?

BYU fans would have a rude awakening just like Utah and TCU fans have had. IMO Utah and TCU were slightly better programs than BYU when they left for their new conferences and they've still struggled. As I said earlier in this thread, playing a 4 week stretch against Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU and Kansas State would humble BYU very quickly.