What's new

2014 Draft Combine

How happy would you all be with drafting Exum and playing him at SG?

I'd play Exum ahead of Trey.

Exum
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

Trey off the bench will give him a chance to really show what he can do. He was dominated night in and night out by starting PGs and many back up PGs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

@chadfordinsider: KJ McDaniels measured 6' 4.5" in socks. 6' 6" in shoes. 6' 11.25" wing. 8' 6" standing reach. 195 lbs.

I like this guy at 23.

So do I. Jay Williams kept calling him "hungry". Sound familiar?

Rodney Hood measured at 6'7.25 without shoes which translates to about 6'8.25 or 6'8.50 with shoes on.

2pzh447.jpg

Jabari always looked taller than him, so is he pushing 6'9 - 6'10?

Some initial measurement (height, weight, wingspan, reach) comparables using DX's database:

Marcus Smart: Eric Gordon
Aaron Gordon: Scottie Pippen, Kyle Singler, Luke Babbitt
Noah Vonleh: Greg Smith, Ronny Turiaf, Robert Whaley, Darius Songaila (though Vonleh's wingspan beats all players ever measured at 6'8" (socks))
Julius Randle: Carl Landry, Jared Sullinger, Markieff Morris, Udonis Haslam, David Lee, Kevin Love

The list for Julius is not very flattering for a potential top 5 pick.

They asked DL what Jazz are looking for/what needs to be filled. He said shooting and something else I don't remember, and a statement about basically everything, but that they have a lot of chips and may fill the needs by the draft or a veteran by trading (mainly refering to the two later picks). He feels that even if they slip a little in lottery, Jazz can get what they need as far as athletisim and talent. He also mentioned that Jazz tradition is that rookies have to wait their turn (mentioning Stockton, Hayward, Alec Burks). He then reiterated that they could go for a vet.

Lastly, they asked if John Stockton was being considered for head coach - DL shut them down pretty quick and said "No comment on the coaching search."

Trey didn't have to wait behind anyone.

So now that the measurements are out, the one glaring reality is that most players lie about their height. I know they play in shoes, but the next time someone asks me how tall I am, I will just add an inch or two like NBA players. Look at Smart, the Kid is just a tad over 6'3" in shoes which in my opinion pretty much eliminates him from playing SG except maybe as a backup.

Are you saying you think Smart is too small to defend the two?

I'd play Exum ahead of Trey.

Exum
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

Trey off the bench will give him a chance to really show what he can do. He was dominated night in and night out by starting PGs and many back up PGs.

Word

Can I publicly express my love for Fish? No Michael Sam (my version of no homo).

Right bacl at ya big fella