What's new

2014 Draft Combine

I'd play Exum ahead of Trey.

Exum
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

Trey off the bench will give him a chance to really show what he can do. He was dominated night in and night out by starting PGs and many back up PGs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

I'd start Burke, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter, and have Exum come off the bench. I'd tell Burke, Burks, Exum that it's an open competition for the 1/2 spots. That means, come Christmas time, I'd take the two that were playing the best and start them. If it's Burke and Burks, then they get the PG/SG spots. If it's Burke (PG) and Exum (SG) then I'd start those two. If it's Exum (PG) and Burks (SG), then it's those two.

Let the vets (ha ha) get the starting job to start with, make Exum beat someone out. BUT, give him big minutes, with both players, and see what happens.

Makes all three players compete, shows you what you have in Burke and Burks as starters, makes Exum compete, and let's the cream rise to the top. If your starters end up being Burke and Exum, then you know what Burks is worth as well.

I just read this in a Forrest Gump voice.

Would you say that would accurately describe you when you're drunk?

Nope.
A tornado is a more apt comparison

I'd start Burke, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter, and have Exum come off the bench. I'd tell Burke, Burks, Exum that it's an open competition for the 1/2 spots. That means, come Christmas time, I'd take the two that were playing the best and start them. If it's Burke and Burks, then they get the PG/SG spots. If it's Burke (PG) and Exum (SG) then I'd start those two. If it's Exum (PG) and Burks (SG), then it's those two.

Let the vets (ha ha) get the starting job to start with, make Exum beat someone out. BUT, give him big minutes, with both players, and see what happens.

Makes all three players compete, shows you what you have in Burke and Burks as starters, makes Exum compete, and let's the cream rise to the top. If your starters end up being Burke and Exum, then you know what Burks is worth as well.

Maybe you missed the part about Burke getting destroyed on a nightly basis.

Burke plays atrocious defense. If the head of your team doesn't/can't defend his man then every other player is left helping and suddenly the other team is getting easy baskets.

Exum has ELITE size for a PG and he's very quick on his feet. He'd fair much better against starting PGs.

Rodney Hood measured at 6'7.25 without shoes which translates to about 6'8.25 or 6'8.50 with shoes on.

2pzh447.jpg

Jabari always looked taller than him, so is he pushing 6'9 - 6'10?

Great observation.

Maybe you missed the part about Burke getting destroyed on a nightly basis.

Burke plays atrocious defense. If the head of your team doesn't/can't defend his man then every other player is left helping and suddenly the other team is getting easy baskets.

Exum has ELITE size for a PG and he's very quick on his feet. He'd fair much better against starting PGs.

Then he will beat Burke out and be starting by Christmas. No biggie. Was there anyone that played any sort of decent defense on the Jazz last year? Uh....nope. Burks was just as terrible. Let's get a new coach in here before we start writing people off.

Start Burke and Burks. Bring Exum in with 4 mins in the first Q left. Run Exum and Burks. 8 mins left in the 2nd, run Burke and Exum.

Did you get this from the official listing or was the is product of the now famous Fabtrey eye test?

that's official number. and i was pretty much right on all of them except gordon who i thought was 6ft 7 ish.

I will say that Aaron Gordon's interviews have impressed me. Says the right things and takes ownership for his weaknesses.

He's moving up in my book. I do agree that he's a tweener.

You'd think with the way the NBA is moving towards small ball that tweeners would be able to find a way to get on the court.

I'd love to draft Exum and play him at the point. Exum, Burks, Hayward, Kanter, and Favors is one really big starting line up, not to mention a big back court. Sorta reminds me of the wizard's line up. I'd bring Burke off the bench, probably make some trades at the deadline for some solid vets.

Then he will beat Burke out and be starting by Christmas. No biggie. Was there anyone that played any sort of decent defense on the Jazz last year? Uh....nope. Burks was just as terrible. Let's get a new coach in here before we start writing people off.

Start Burke and Burks. Bring Exum in with 4 mins in the first Q left. Run Exum and Burks. 8 mins left in the 2nd, run Burke and Exum.

Maybe the defense was bad because the only players that started at PG were Trey, JL3 and if I remember correctly, Tinsley.

Again, if the PG can't stop/slow down his man then it puts a lot of extra pressure on the other 4 players.

Or it was Corbin. Next season we can't use the Corbin excuse. I'm afraid a few of our "core" players are going to get exposed.

I'd love to draft Exum and play him at the point. Exum, Burks, Hayward, Kanter, and Favors is one really big starting line up, not to mention a big back court. Sorta reminds me of the wizard's line up. I'd bring Burke off the bench, probably make some trades at the deadline for some solid vets.

I like it.

The great thing about all of this is we can make an argument for any of the top-7 players. Any one of those players is going to make a rotation >>> better, whether it's the bigs, the wings or at PG. And then the Jazz get to select again at #23 for what should be a solid backup.

The great thing about all of this is we can make an argument for any of the top-7 players. Any one of those players is going to make a rotation >>> better, whether it's the bigs, the wings or at PG. And then the Jazz get to select again at #23 for what should be a solid backup.

I can agree with this.

Great observation.

more like horrible observation.

i have him at 6ft 7 maybe 6ft 7 1/4. jabari has a fro too. can be 6ft 7 1/2? maybe. i don't think his posture is great.

this is much better picture than hood/parker pic above.
Jabari-Parker-and-Julius-Randle-Accepting-MVP-from-Melo.jpg

295H7835_original.jpg

jabari-julius.jpg

judging by these pics, i think randle is slightly taller than parker.

more like horrible observation.

parker is definitely not anything more than 6ft 8. i have him at 6ft 7 to 6ft 7 1/2 range. jabari has a fro too.

this is much better picture than hood/parker pic above.
Jabari-Parker-and-Julius-Randle-Accepting-MVP-from-Melo.jpg

295H7835_original.jpg

jabari-julius.jpg

maybe he grew, but if he was 6ft 8 barefoot then why not list him at 6ft 9?

Fabtrey throwing it down. Am I even allowed to argue with you about someone's measurements?