What's new

2016 NBA Playoff Thread

American rivers catch fire because of the accumulated power and majesty of the human imagination. It takes its toll.
I wonder if I'll feel a twinge of sadness on the day you finally quit following me around like a little lost puppy with this sort of ****. But you're right, that river would probably never, ever have caught fire if not for mankind. Well done, Clown.

I wonder if I'll feel a twinge of sadness on the day you finally quit following me around like a little lost puppy with this sort of ****. But you're right, that river would probably never, ever have caught fire if not for mankind. Well done, Clown.

this is the first time I've quoted you in months. If you want to make sure it never happens again, then try to stop being a giant bitch.

That game last night was epic. The last 3 games James was phenomenal. I didn't have James on my MT Rushmore even though he's among the most gifted athletes to ever play the game. He just hadn't earned that distinction yet. He did during these finals. He imposed his will against a great team and the rsMVP. It reminded me of what Jordan did to the JAZZ. It was one of those performances that you feel privileged to have watched live regardless of who you were rooting for.

Interesting.

I haven't read or seen anything (other than in a Cleveland newspaper) questioning Kerr's decision to play Barnes and Ezeli. Especially in that 4th, Ezeli gave the Cavs 6 pts by falling for Lebron's pump fake at the 3 pt line and then failing to close down on LeBron on a 3 pt attempt.

His refusal to play Livingston and stick with his "regular guys" (like Barnes) was Corbinesque. When it was obvious to everyone out there that Barnes had completely lost his confidence and wanted to be taken off the court.

That game last night was epic. The last 3 games James was phenomenal. I didn't have James on my MT Rushmore even though he's among the most gifted athletes to ever play the game. He just hadn't earned that distinction yet. He did during these finals. He imposed his will against a great team and the rsMVP. It reminded me of what Jordan did to the JAZZ. It was one of those performances that you feel privileged to have watched live regardless of who you were rooting for.

this. The haters who can't appreciate remind me of 13-year olds.

this is the first time in months I've tried to use one of your posts to mock your opinions that got my undies in such a bunch more than a year ago. If you want to make sure it never happens again, then just allow me to follow you around making subtle jabs about your intelligence without saying a word.
Fixed

here, let me perfectly demonstrate what a bitch I am

whatev you need, honey

For the record: what you said didn't bother me. It was simply the most hilarious fanboy thing I've read on the internet. It's burned into my brain as a top-5 moment of idiocy in internet history.

People are still bitching about the NBA rigging things to suspend green. As if the point system was just barely created on the fly to just punish green...

I have a better idea, maybe green shouldn't get so many flagrant foul points so he gets himself suspended in the finals?

whatev you need, honey

For the record: what you said didn't bother me. It was simply the most hilarious fanboy thing I've read on the internet. It's burned into my brain as a top-5 moment of idiocy in internet history.
I don't know why it bothers you so much that I believe that human technology is the result of human imagination, but whatever. I'm done reading your posts, though.

Lebron scored 9 of the last 12 points for Cleveland.

6 of them because of Ezeli garbage. Kerr mus be really hating himself now watching the game film back. Speights would have been way better option to start and to play instead of that junk. He may have not defended any better than Ezeli but nobody would have left him open like they did with Ezeli. GSW were pretty much forced to play 4 on five with him on the floor. Just unbelievable mistake by Kerr to play him.

People are still bitching about the NBA rigging things to suspend green. As if the point system was just barely created on the fly to just punish green...

I have a better idea, maybe green shouldn't get so many flagrant foul points so he gets himself suspended in the finals?
Gotta kick'em nuts. Can't stop it.

Steve Kerr exposed as a mediocre coach, which was pretty obvious from the start. All of that wannabe-Pop ****, thinking he's the ****.

A mediocre coach who help hone a fine offensive system with the help of his peers. A piss-poor micromanager, leaving game-tying buckets to rushed Curry threes.

Those inbounds at the end of the game told the complete story, really. Ty Lue outclassed him.

Reactions: MVP
Epic performance by Lebron and also to a lesser degree but still really important Irving. But the league definitely pushed for the Cavs to win or at least to extend the series. The Ws also straight up choked game 7 away. They had plenty of opportunities to take this game over and failed to do so. They made stupid plays, missed easy shots/FTs. They also had multiple chance to take the lead after Lebron tried and failed to close the game out solo. Ws should have kept running their sets. I think multiple players for the Ws felt they were going to win this game no problem and wanted to be "the man" or hit the big shot and choked in so doing. They are a team that is great because they play good team ball on both ends.

As far as Lebron being GOAT I think he pushed himself closer but he is not in the Jordan conversation. If he wins 2 more as the top player I think a legit debate begins that is close. If he wins 1 more I think we will have to think about it but it will still be Jordan. His record in the finals definitely hurts him. The 6-0 as the star player in the finals is hard to argue with for Jordan. I know Lebron has some great stats in the Finals but this is his first legit championship after bailing and chasing a ring with other star players. Jordan came into the league much older than Lebron and stepped away for 2 years. After his second retirement Jordan came back but he was old and just wanting to play. I dont think he thought he would take that team to the finals and win with him. Basically of the 12 real seasons in the NBA Jordan won 6 rings. He was .500 for seasons with a championship. He also won 6 in a row as a the star player. Lebron has already played in 13 seasons and has won 3 rings but that isnt enough. Number of points scored and other stats are kind of hard to compare since the NBA is so different. Jordan would have scored at will and many more points if he played with todays hand check rules, the way it is officiated and the far less physical contact in the game and paint. I dont think he can hold up too much longer since so much of his game is built on being an elite athlete. Lebron needs to win 2 more in a row for me to start listening and thinking its a decent argument for him to be a GOAT. Personally I think Lebron should think about moving to the PF spot for the rest of his career and working a lot on his shot and it being consistent. He could extend his career quite a bit as an elite stretch 4. He could be a rich mans Draymond.

For me, in the LBJ/MJ discussion, it comes down to the fact that MJ was the best offensive and the best defensive player I've ever seen. So until I see somebody better on offense or defense, that won't change.

Having said that, Lebron in 2015 became the first player in NBA history to lead both finals teams in Pts, Reb, Asts, Rebs. All he did for an encore was follow that up in 2016 by duplicating that feat and adding blocks and steals.

So while I can't say he's the best, he's definitely the most complete and versatile player ever to pay the game. Besides the stats above, he can guard 1 thru 5, something MJ couldn't do.

Epic performance by Lebron and also to a lesser degree but still really important Irving. But the league definitely pushed for the Cavs to win or at least to extend the series. The Ws also straight up choked game 7 away. They had plenty of opportunities to take this game over and failed to do so. They made stupid plays, missed easy shots/FTs. They also had multiple chance to take the lead after Lebron tried and failed to close the game out solo. Ws should have kept running their sets. I think multiple players for the Ws felt they were going to win this game no problem and wanted to be "the man" or hit the big shot and choked in so doing. They are a team that is great because they play good team ball on both ends.

As far as Lebron being GOAT I think he pushed himself closer but he is not in the Jordan conversation. If he wins 2 more as the top player I think a legit debate begins that is close. If he wins 1 more I think we will have to think about it but it will still be Jordan. His record in the finals definitely hurts him. The 6-0 as the star player in the finals is hard to argue with for Jordan. I know Lebron has some great stats in the Finals but this is his first legit championship after bailing and chasing a ring with other star players. Jordan came into the league much older than Lebron and stepped away for 2 years. After his second retirement Jordan came back but he was old and just wanting to play. I dont think he thought he would take that team to the finals and win with him. Basically of the 12 real seasons in the NBA Jordan won 6 rings. He was .500 for seasons with a championship. He also won 6 in a row as a the star player. Lebron has already played in 13 seasons and has won 3 rings but that isnt enough. Number of points scored and other stats are kind of hard to compare since the NBA is so different. Jordan would have scored at will and many more points if he played with todays hand check rules, the way it is officiated and the far less physical contact in the game and paint. I dont think he can hold up too much longer since so much of his game is built on being an elite athlete. Lebron needs to win 2 more in a row for me to start listening and thinking its a decent argument for him to be a GOAT. Personally I think Lebron should think about moving to the PF spot for the rest of his career and working a lot on his shot and it being consistent. He could extend his career quite a bit as an elite stretch 4. He could be a rich mans Draymond.
He could be a rich man's Draymond? I bet he's thinking to himself right now, if I could just be a rich man's Draymond, I will have made it. Dude is already a Bill Gates man's Draymond and will be for 3+ more years.