What's new

2018 Annual JazzFanz All-Time NBA Draft

Is Olajuwon American? I thought he's African.

Touche. I forgot about that. He was born in Nigeria, and has an American citizenship through naturalization. So I guess we can count him as an international. Still, my point stands. Addi wouldn't be able to draft a competitive team if he restricted himself to non-American players.

Touche. I forgot about that. He was born in Nigeria, and has an American citizenship through naturalization. So I guess we can count him as an international. Still, my point stands. Addi wouldn't be able to draft a competitive team if he restricted himself to non-American players.
For this contest yes but for real life they kick a lot of asses out there.

Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon (/əˈlaɪʒuɒn/;[1] Yoruba: [olaɟuwɔ̃]; born January 21, 1963), formerly known as Akeem Olajuwon, is a Nigerian-American former professional basketball player. From 1984 to 2002, he played the centerposition in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for the Houston Rockets and the Toronto Raptors. He led the Rockets to back-to-back NBA championships in 1994 and 1995. In 2008, he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, and in 2016, he was inducted into the FIBA Hall of Fame. Listed at 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m) (but standing closer to 6 ft 9 in (2.07 m) in Rowan Moody's opinion),[2] Olajuwon is considered one of the greatest centers ever to play the game.[3][4][5] He was nicknamed "The Dream" during his basketball career after he dunked so effortlessly that his college coach said it "looked like a dream."[6]

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Olajuwon traveled from his home country to play for the University of Houston under head coach Guy Lewis. His college career for the Cougars included three trips to the Final Four. Olajuwon was drafted by the Houston Rockets with the first overall selection of the 1984 NBA draft, a draft that included Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, and John Stockton. He combined with the 7 ft 4 in (2.24 m) Ralph Sampson to form a duo dubbed the "Twin Towers". The two led the Rockets to the 1986 NBA Finals, where they lost in six games to the Boston Celtics. After Sampson was traded to the Warriors in 1988, Olajuwon became the Rockets' undisputed leader. He led the league in rebounding twice (1989, 1990) and blocks three times (1990, 1991, 1993).

Yeah for me ;
Most athletic Rose
Most explosive Russ
Agree

Tony Parker is another guy that doesnt get enough credit.

I think people have given Tim Duncan more than his share of the credit for the Spurs being so good. Obviously he is great and they dont win those championships without him, but he needed Parker and Ginobili almost as much as they needed him.

For a long stretch there the Spurs just dominated everyone practically, and Parker was a huge part of it. Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, and some other point guards were getting all the attention, but was Parker shredding his opponents too. He had a few years there too where he looked unstoppable. I always thought there was a legit argument he was better than all of them.

You take Tony Parker off the Spurs, and Im not sure how many championships they win. Probably a couple less than they did.

I felt he was the best pg in the nba for a time

"Penny" Hardaway

Penny-Hardaway-BJ-Armstrong-Game-3-ESF-1995.jpg

tumblr_on85bofJwf1sdydefo1_400.gif

tumblr_mvuzp9A23V1sdydefo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_npbkxy1O2q1sdydefo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_opp059LocU1sdydefo1_400.gif

tumblr_mvwmbq2N0G1sdydefo1_r1_400.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mi6v5iPzxz1qja7o7o1_500.gif

tumblr_ojougeDUF11sdydefo1_r1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Penny+to+Shaq+350+x+270.gif

tumblr_oqzhlrgVin1sdydefo1_400.gif

Actually Wes's exact words were "its not even close"

How am I supposed to take that? In one breath he says Derrick Rose was an an insane athlete, and in the other Rose is not even close the Westbrook. Is Westbrook superman or something? Because we cant say he is an insane athlete. He has to be way beyond that.

I can only take the words at face value.

"Its not even close"

Well lets look at the facts.

Derrick Rose had a 40" vertical

Russell Westbrook has a 36'5" vertical.

http://theexercisers.com/how-to-inc...e-vertical-jump/highest-vertical-jump-in-nba/

So you are right Wes, its not close. Rose was far more athletic.

You’re using one stat from about 10 years ago. Rose never really improved much athletically once he got into the league. He had a great collegiate body. Westbrook did.

Again, I’m not dismissing Rose. I recall watching him and being so wowed by him. But with Westbrook, I’m like, “Holy ****!” Just a whole nether level to me.

I think of it another way too. In the decathlon, I think Westbrook would beat Rose in the 100, 400, 1,500, high jump, long jump...the other events, who knows.

Penny was my next pick, good pick

Love how this draft makes you remember previous greats and come of their battles. Ive just spent 45mins watching some old Penny v MJ/Scottie and Penny v Kobe battles through the finals. Epic. Backdown, fadeaway... please.

After a lot of thought, I finally came up with a good backup for Bill Russell.

Bob Lanier

Career statistics
Rebounds 9,698 (10.1 rpg)
Blocks 1,100 (1.5 bpg)