What's new

2021-2022 College Football Board (Utes, Cougars, and Aggies)

I had a feeling BYU was gonna be up to the task last night. They wanted it more than Utah and you could tell from the get go. Congrats to the BYU fans of the forum. You’ve got a damn good team that deserved every ounce of that win last night.

We’ll see you in a couple years.

Maybe I'm not in the same circles as before, but it seems the "hate" has been dialed back a bit, which is nice.
This year seemed to be a rivalry game with some respect instead of the hate fest it had become for a while there.
Sitake is a great coach, and it's nice that there's love both ways from the coaches, I think that helps a lot.
I'm glad that streak is over.

BYU to big 12. BYU win over Utah. And I only need one field goal from the Ravens kicker in tonight's game to win my fantasy football matchup this week.
Pretty nice weekend sports wise

Maybe I'm not in the same circles as before, but it seems the "hate" has been dialed back a bit, which is nice.
This year seemed to be a rivalry game with some respect instead of the hate fest it had become for a while there.
Sitake is a great coach, and it's nice that there's love both ways from the coaches, I think that helps a lot.
I'm glad that streak is over.
I think Bronco leaving and Sitake taking his place is the biggest reason we’ve seen the pure hatred start to calm down. That and not being conference foes has changed the rivalry dramatically.

I also think Utah going 12 years without losing took some steam out of it. I don’t want to take anything away from BYU because that’s a good team that just flat-out kicked Utah’s *** on Saturday, but I was stunned by the lack of emotion and urgency Utah displayed from the get go. That’s easily the flattest Utah team I’ve seen face BYU since I’ve been watching the rivalry.

I honestly think that Ute team expected to show up and win. I think Utah’s current batch of players didn’t have an appreciation of just how bad it hurts to lose your rivalry game. Combine that with BYU having a really good team and having enough of “The Streak”.

I think everyone in this forum is pretty civilized and respectful about the rivalry. I did make the mistake of looking at some BYU fan tweets yesterday and it immediately made me remember why I never want Utah to lose to BYU again, and why I should avoid looking for that stuff in the first place.

As much as I HATE saying this, it’s probably best for the rivalry to have your team lose here and there. If a team reels off 20 straight wins, that’s not much of a rivalry, now is it? Easily the worst part of losing this game is that it comes right before a 2 year break, so you guys get 3 years of bragging rights. Utah has benefitted from this scenario as well, so I can’t cry too hard. I am however, eagerly anticipating the matchup in SLC 3 years from now.

I think Bronco leaving and Sitake taking his place is the biggest reason we’ve seen the pure hatred start to calm down. That and not being conference foes has changed the rivalry dramatically.

I also think Utah going 12 years without losing took some steam out of it. I don’t want to take anything away from BYU because that’s a good team that just flat-out kicked Utah’s *** on Saturday, but I was stunned by the lack of emotion and urgency Utah displayed from the get go. That’s easily the flattest Utah team I’ve seen face BYU since I’ve been watching the rivalry.

I honestly think that Ute team expected to show up and win. I think Utah’s current batch of players didn’t have an appreciation of just how bad it hurts to lose your rivalry game. Combine that with BYU having a really good team and having enough of “The Streak”.

I think everyone in this forum is pretty civilized and respectful about the rivalry. I did make the mistake of looking at some BYU fan tweets yesterday and it immediately made me remember why I never want Utah to lose to BYU again, and why I should avoid looking for that stuff in the first place.

As much as I HATE saying this, it’s probably best for the rivalry to have your team lose here and there. If a team reels off 20 straight wins, that’s not much of a rivalry, now is it? Easily the worst part of losing this game is that it comes right before a 2 year break, so you guys get 3 years of bragging rights. Utah has benefitted from this scenario as well, so I can’t cry too hard. I am however, eagerly anticipating the matchup in SLC 3 years from now.
Can't disagree with anything said here.
I think Utah is better than they played Saturday. I also think BYU will be better than that offensively but that was the best they will ever be defensively.
If they played that game 10 times in a row this year I think Utes win 7 out of the 10.

Easy money last night. Ludicrous that the Aztecs were getting 8.5 at home. This isn’t some great Utes team.

Easy money last night. Ludicrous that the Aztecs were getting 8.5 at home. This isn’t some great Utes team.
That and the Aztecs are notorious PAC12 killers. Since 2016 they are 7-2 against the PAC12 in football, best nonconference team in the NCAA over that span. They also have a habit of stomping the PAC12 in basketball. San Diego State has a good rivalry with Fresno, but they HAAAAAAATE the PAC12. The athletes feel they were snubbed by PAC12 schools during recruiting and the administration takes it personally being told by PAC12 schools that SDSU will never be allowed to join the PAC12.

Last edited:
Rising looked good.
Gonna look real good next game. Perfect time to make the change. Washington State's defense will be the worst defense the Utes face all year.

BYU lost their best defensive player for season ☹️
Luckily they have really good depth and should be alright.

Just heard on the radio that Brewer left the program.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Yep, it's true:

And I'm okay with it. Brewer's not going to be here after this year and I'd rather grow with Rising much like we did with Huntley/Johnson, hell, even Wilson. Brewer's playing career is essentially over and my guess is he just wanted to get on with his life as the NFL isn't in his future.

With our OL, you have to be mobile.

Utah's defense showing some life. Offense as usual blows chunks.
Ya I expected better offensive numbers from them going against a washington state defense but with all the fumbles it was just a weird game for them. Some dropped passes hurt them. Overall I thought the O line looked better and rising looked pretty good. Seems like they are close to looking good but just cant get there.
Good win though. Maybe build some momentum now.

Spida and Royce are going to the BYU game tonight :)