What's new

2021-2022 College Football Board (Utes, Cougars, and Aggies)

Donovan at the BYU game last night.
Cue oneye

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-085233.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-085233.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 11
The BYU defense got completely and totally outplayed and out coached in the second half last night. They needed to bring pressure from the QB’s front side, not his back.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

The BYU defense got completely and totally outplayed and out coached in the second half last night. They needed to bring pressure from the QB’s front side, not his back.

I give em a small pass cause they were without batty, mahe, pili, heron, Ellis on defense for the whole game and a couple others missed time in game.
Lots of 3rd stringers got a lot of snaps on defense last night.
They really really missed mahe. It was extremely bad and embarrassing and frustrating, I agree with all that, but things would have looked different if we wouldn't have held guys out who could have played.

I give em a small pass cause they were without batty, mahe, pili, heron, Ellis on defense for the whole game and a couple others missed time in game.
Lots of 3rd stringers got a lot of snaps on defense last night.
They really really missed mahe. It was extremely bad and embarrassing and frustrating, I agree with all that, but things would have looked different if we wouldn't have held guys out who could have played.
I agree, lots of missing players on defense, and we scored enough with our backup QB. I'm just glad we won that game with all the missing players. It's nice to know we have a backup QB that is pretty good.

Kudos to the Y for a great game against my Utes, and to a great start to the season.

This season for the U will be all about survival - we will love and support them, win or lose, because that’s what they need.

Kudos to the Y for a great game against my Utes, and to a great start to the season.

This season for the U will be all about survival - we will love and support them, win or lose, because that’s what they need.
I think they figured a few things out against Washington state. I felt they didn't have an identity before that game. I think they do now. Power run game with the running back they were using (can't remember his name) seemed to be a good recipe. Then go play action with lots of roll outs and the option for rising to run or pass. A bit of wildcat and lots of tight end use.

I think they figured a few things out against Washington state. I felt they didn't have an identity before that game. I think they do now. Power run game with the running back they were using (can't remember his name) seemed to be a good recipe. Then go play action with lots of roll outs and the option for rising to run or pass. A bit of wildcat and lots of tight end use.
With the Aaron Lowe murder on top of a season that was already emotional due to Ty Jordan’s death, I wouldn’t expect much consistency out of the Utes the rest of the year. We the fans are hurting right now, and I can’t even remotely imagine what the team is going through. Whatever happens this year, they get a pass. 100%.

With the Aaron Lowe murder on top of a season that was already emotional due to Ty Jordan’s death, I wouldn’t expect much consistency out of the Utes the rest of the year. We the fans are hurting right now, and I can’t even remotely imagine what the team is going through. Whatever happens this year, they get a pass. 100%.
Good point

So I just realized I don’t have a way to watch the BYU game tomorrow night, other than going to a sports bar or something. How do I stream it? Is there a site that I can use?

The 4 new additions to the Big12 so far:
Cincinnati is 3-0 and are ranked #7 and are currently up 10-0 on notre dame.
BYU is 5-0 (have never trailed in any game at any point so far) and are ranked #13 (probably be #11 or so after this weekend)
Houston is 4-1 (won 45-10 today)
UCF is 2-1 and up 7-0 on navy currently.

Not too shabby

#10 in both polls. Just waiting for their annual brain fart game.
I'm hearing that the starting QB (hall) is out this Saturday as well as the backup QB (Romney)
So the 3rd stringer freshman QB will probably be starting against Boise state this Friday

I'm hearing that the starting QB (hall) is out this Saturday as well as the backup QB (Romney)
So the 3rd stringer freshman QB will probably be starting against Boise state this Friday

If I had to guess, that’s what happens. Maybe Hall dresses as 3rd string, emergency QB.
Also, Conover is anything but a young Freshman. Dude was part of the 2019 recruiting class. He grayshirted, went on a COVID shortened mission, then redshirted last year while he ran the scout team. The second half last week was his first real football in years, and it showed. Having a full week to prepare as the starter should help tremendously. Plus Boise is not even in the top 100 in run defense. Algeier might run for a mile.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
If I had to guess, that’s what happens. Maybe Hall dresses as 3rd string, emergency QB.
Also, Conover is anything but a young Freshman. Dude was part of the 2019 recruiting class. He grayshirted, went on a COVID shortened mission, then redshirted last year while he ran the scout team. The second half last week was his first real football in years, and it showed. Having a full week to prepare as the starter should help tremendously. Plus Boise is not even in the top 100 in run defense. Algeier might run for a mile.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Ya Im excited to see conover and think he will do great. FWIW Hall was my hope to win the starting job this fall but Conover was my second choice. So many weapons on this team to get the ball to. Both nacuas, pau'u, romney, rex, holker, katoa, algier, wake. Then you have some other guys that are really good but there just isn't opportunity for like keanu hill, chris jackson, carter wheat, chase roberts, mcchesney, ropati, miles davis (when he gets back from injury which should be soon). BYU is loaded at wide receiver, running back, and tight end. Plus 3 really good QB's and an amazing O'line. Imagine if Dax milne, brady christensen, hodge, and zach wilson would have stayed for this season.
Kalani and staff have done a great job.
Another note on the game saturday: I was looking into their injury situation and they are pretty banged up. Where they are really hurting is their offensive line. They are using a 3rd string center and have other backups playing on the Oline. I read that they only had 7 Olineman really available last week.

I think BYU dominates the trenches on both sides of the ball (like they have most of the year) and wins comfortably.
I will be at the game btw. First game in a lot of years.

I think an undefeated season would’ve given them an outside chance of making the playoffs but now there is ZERO. I miss it when we would have at least one football team show out.

Those fumbles lost the game.

Also, seemed like they (BYU coaches) were doing everything they could to protect Hall. Not letting him run.
If he isn't going to be allowed to run then they shouldn't play him. Good dual threat ability is what makes him good. Take that away and he isn't nearly as effective
Should have just started Conover

Can someone tell me why Rising wasn’t the starting qb to start the year? Holy cow he’s light years better then Brewer

They weren’t sure he would be ready to start the season so I imagine he wasn’t healthy enough to fully compete for the job either. Still….giving the Brewer the job has cost them at least one win so far.

It’s crazy, but the Utes are right back in the thick of things. Next week versus Arizona St. is huge. Whoever wins this game has a huge edge on the rest of the teams in the South. Pac12 baby.