What's new

2021-2022 College Football Board (Utes, Cougars, and Aggies)

What a great year for all the big schools in utah. Utes, cougs, and aggies all exceeded expectations and all 3 might finish with 10+ wins and all might finish ranked

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

So the BYU mens basketball team is undefeated this season after beating the previously undefeated utes at their place tonight. They beat number 12 oregon by like 30. Beat 3 other tournament teams from last season too. Were ranked 18 before beating utah tonight. Should move up in the polls.
BYU womens basketball is undefeated at 7-0 and beat the number 22 ranked team tonight by 1 point.
BYU womens soccer is ranked #4 and beat south carolina 4-1 today to advance to the college cup.
BYU football is ranked #13 and is currently up by 8 at the half against USC in the coliseum.
If the football team can hold on to win this would be one of the best saturdays of all time for byu sports.

Also, womens volleyball is ranked #4 in the country. Womens cross country has been ranked all season long and is now in the final four.

Also just found out that Jamaal Williams set an nfl record for most carries without a fumble. 585. I think he only 1 fumble in his 4 years at byu too.

Last edited:
BYU is getting completely out coached by a lame duck interim coach. I really really hate the DC.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

BYU is getting completely out coached by a lame duck interim coach. I really really hate the DC.

At least they held there at the end. Before the season began I had them going 8-4 and figured they would more likely finish 7-5 than 9-3. I figured there was no chance at 10-2. USC has way more talented recruits, it was on the road and the injuries byu is dealing with are pretty crazy. Last night they were down Isaac Rex (great starting tight end), Neil Pau'u (leading receiver), Gunner Romney (one of their top receivers), Harris Lachance (starting lineman), Barrington (starting lineman), James empey (starting lineman and all american candidate). Puka got banged up, Algier got banged up and was unable to finish the game. Thats just the injuries on offense. (I think im missing another O-lineman injury too)
The defense is even more injured than the offense. Close to half of the 2 deep on defense is injured.

Im willing to give them a bit of a pass for last nights win.

Im with you on the play calling from the DC though. I would say the strength of the defense by far is our secondary who are really good at one on one man coverage yet Tuaki wont stack the box to stop the run enough or blitz the QB enough. Let those guys go one on one more and blitz more! Having said that, we are 10-2 and ranked right near the top 10. We won the pac12 south. Beat more P5 teams in a season than ever before (7 I think). Won 11 games last season. Whatever they are doing, it seems to be working if the goal is to win games.

What a great season by the utes. I know its not nit over yet but wow. I dont think any of us saw this coming after the first few games.

I dont think its been a atypical year. USC is usually a measuring stick for us but they were really bad, still not sure why they let Helton go so early in the season. It happened that our two biggest threats in the south were home games(ucla and arizona state, ucla was missing their qb). I think Utah still has a lot to prove in the conference title game. The south winner history in that game is abysmal. Hopefully a ton of Ute fans go and it will feel like a home game.

I dont think its been a atypical year. USC is usually a measuring stick for us but they were really bad, still not sure why they let Helton go so early in the season. It happened that our two biggest threats in the south were home games(ucla and arizona state, ucla was missing their qb). I think Utah still has a lot to prove in the conference title game. The south winner history in that game is abysmal. Hopefully a ton of Ute fans go and it will feel like a home game.

I’d guess Ute fans show up in droves while Oregon fans don’t. After getting blasted just a couple weeks ago and losing their hope of the playoffs, I don’t think they’ll travel all that well. That being said, go Ducks!

Hopefully a ton of Ute fans go and it will feel like a home game.
I don't know if the Utes can travel that well but Utah State definitely can. The Aggies are playing the Aztecs in Carson, which is 2 hours away from San Diego. It is easy for visiting teams to make that stadium feel like a home game. Just ask the Chargers.

The stanford game and the oregon game were epic. Especially the stanford game. Dont care who you are playing. They played better that game than any team in the state did this year. It was insane. How many rushing yards? Like 530 or something?

Man oregon sucks

Its crazy that oregon was ranked #3 recently. Obviously they had a great win on the road against ohio state. That was a 1 score game that they won. Great win
They beat fresno state by 1 score at home. Not a nice win
They beat stony brook (whoever that is) Whatever
They beat 1-11 arizona at home
They lost to 3-9 stanford in overtime. Horrible loss (utah beat stanford by like 100)
They beat 4-7 cal at home by one score. Not a nice win
They beat 8-4 UCLA on the road by 3. nice win
They beat 4-8 colorado at home
They beat 4-8 washington on the road by 10. A team that lost to montana sky or something like that at home (division 2 school)
They beat 7-5 washington state at home
They lost to utah 38-7
They lost to utah 38-10
They beat 7-5 oregon state at home.

Man that ohio state win got them so so far.

And this pac12 might be the worst pac12 in a long long time. The pac12 was 16-20 against non pac12 teams (that includes teams from the big sky and division 2) The pac12 was 3-13 against other p5 schools. The wins were against vanderbilt, LSU, and Ohio State.

Having said all that I still think the utes are a very very good team and deserving of whatever ranking they get after tonights game and deserving of the rose bowl. Looks like they get either #13 Iowa or ohio state. Should be a much better game than oregon gave them. Utes strength is stopping the run and the oregon QB cant complete a pass more than 5 yards down the field. Oregon had no chance.

Its crazy that oregon was ranked #3 recently. Obviously they had a great win on the road against ohio state. That was a 1 score game that they won. Great win
They beat fresno state by 1 score at home. Not a nice win
They beat stony brook (whoever that is) Whatever
They beat 1-11 arizona at home
They lost to 3-9 stanford in overtime. Horrible loss (utah beat stanford by like 100)
They beat 4-7 cal at home by one score. Not a nice win
They beat 8-4 UCLA on the road by 3. nice win
They beat 4-8 colorado at home
They beat 4-8 washington on the road by 10. A team that lost to montana sky or something like that at home (division 2 school)
They beat 7-5 washington state at home
They lost to utah 38-7
They lost to utah 38-10
They beat 7-5 oregon state at home.

Man that ohio state win got them so so far.

And this pac12 might be the worst pac12 in a long long time. The pac12 was 16-20 against non pac12 teams (that includes teams from the big sky and division 2) The pac12 was 3-13 against other p5 schools. The wins were against vanderbilt, LSU, and Ohio State.

Having said all that I still think the utes are a very very good team and deserving of whatever ranking they get after tonights game and deserving of the rose bowl. Looks like they get either #13 Iowa or ohio state. Should be a much better game than oregon gave them. Utes strength is stopping the run and the oregon QB cant complete a pass more than 5 yards down the field. Oregon had no chance.
Just looked at this post again and I want to make it clear that Im not in any way trying to take anything away from the Utes. The utes are a very very good team and clearly the best team in the pac12. Its the utes and then everyone else way below them. Im not even sure who the second best team in the conference is but whoever it is isn't on utahs level. They only lost to BYU (who is ranked #12) on the road by 9, on the road to San Diego State who is 11-1 and ranked #19, and a pretty good oregon state team also on the road.
All 3 losses were on the road, 2 were against ranked teams (the loss to sdsu was by 2 points in multiple overtimes iirc) and the byu and sdsu losses were before they made a QB changed and the O-line got in a groove. The oregon state loss was probably mostly a fluke and the utes would likely beat them 7 or 8 times out of 10.
Hell, utes would probably beat BYU 6 or 7 times out of 10 (Especially as injured as byu is right now). Same with SDSU.

Utes are really really good and I would favor them over Iowa in the rose bowl and though I wouldn't favor them over OSU I wouldn't be at all surprised if utah beat OSU.

Oregon gets demolished by Utah football - fine, we will beat another Utah team in basketball

Oregon gets steamrolled by BYU basketball - fine, we will beat another Utah team when it truly matters

Oregon gets waxed thoroughly by Utah football - you know what, we are gonna just get super drunk on the strip and look for a good ditch to lie down in

Oregon gets demolished by Utah football - fine, we will beat another Utah team in basketball

Oregon gets steamrolled by BYU basketball - fine, we will beat another Utah team when it truly matters

Oregon gets waxed thoroughly by Utah football - you know what, we are gonna just get super drunk on the strip and look for a good ditch to lie down in
#3 sounds like the right thing to do tbh. I just read today that the oregon head coach got a big new contract. I wonder if there is any buyers remorse. Though to be honest, Im not sure what oregon could have done coaching wise in either game. They got destroyed. I do wonder why the oregon coach didn't challenge that non fumble when tavion thomas obviously fumbled the ball. that was a real head scratcher. It was clearly a fumble and it looked to be clearly recovered by oregon but the refs called it down by contact and the oregon coach doesn't challenge? Or am I getting it wrong. I was watching the jazz game with my headphones in the breakroom and the utes game was on tv so I was multi tasking.

#3 sounds like the right thing to do tbh. I just read today that the oregon head coach got a big new contract. I wonder if there is any buyers remorse. Though to be honest, Im not sure what oregon could have done coaching wise in either game. They got destroyed. I do wonder why the oregon coach didn't challenge that non fumble when tavion thomas obviously fumbled the ball. that was a real head scratcher. It was clearly a fumble and it looked to be clearly recovered by oregon but the refs called it down by contact and the oregon coach doesn't challenge? Or am I getting it wrong. I was watching the jazz game with my headphones in the breakroom and the utes game was on tv so I was multi tasking.

They can start with another QB. I think Rattler or another premier transfer is in the cards.

PAC-12 CHAMPIONS!!!!

Hopefully USU pulls one off today and then we’ll see with the Cougars after the dust settles today if the fiesta or peach bowls are in reach

They can start with another QB. I think Rattler or another premier transfer is in the cards.

Players are rushing to USC to play for Lincoln Riley. As much as I dislike USC it’s good for the conference if they can become a power again.

There’s so much talent transferring to USC that they can’t take everyone (especially QB’s). Would not be surprised if Rattler went there because the next best thing would be the opportunity to beat USC.

ORE’s coach seems to be on the way out, so hopefully they can keep things going in the North.

BYU fan are super salty today about the UAB opponent and Utes being ranked ahead of them.

Kind of what happens when you’re a conference champ and whipping a top ten team by a bunch.

The B12 will be good for the Cougars though as you have to be flawless as an Indy and bowl affiliations are junk.