What's new

2021 Free Agency

Yep. A whole .4 lower than Bojan.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
If you're moving on from Bogey, I figure you better be improving in the two weaknesses (defense and rebounding) he has in the context of our team in order to make up for the downgrade in offensive value.

Swapping for Clarkson would make more sense, as several people have mentioned, since we're not really needing an upgrade in rebounding in a Clarkson replacement.

But this is all moot as Boston's unlikely to be interested in either.

Maybe we can get Jeff Green. He was a really important stretch 5 option for the Nets last year. I bet he would really excel here.

If you're moving on from Bogey, I figure you better be improving in the two weaknesses (defense and rebounding) he has in the context of our team in order to make up for the downgrade in offensive value.

Swapping for Clarkson would make more sense, as several people have mentioned, since we're not really needing an upgrade in rebounding in a Clarkson replacement.

But this is all moot as Boston's unlikely to be interested in either.
I would love to find a guy who is an elite defender and good rebounder, but I would settle for an elite defender and average rebounder.

I could see Boston really liking Bojan. Slot him in next to Brown and Tatum then you have that much more space.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I dont get the Smart love at all. When I watch him play he is over emotional, fouls too much, is a bad shooter and shoots his team out of games. He can play some good defense from time to time but also gambles a lot. I dont really see him as a positive player for his team. He has a negative net rating for his career and more seasons than not. He just had one of his best offensive seasons ever and shot 39% from the field on 10.6 ppg for 13.1 ppg.

He does hustle a lot and gets fired up. But I think that hurts his team just as often as it helps. Maybe I havent seen enough of him play though, I watch a lot less East coast NBA.

I would love to find a guy who is an elite defender and good rebounder, but I would settle for an elite defender and average rebounder.

I could see Boston really liking Bojan. Slot him in next to Brown and Tatum then you have that much more space.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
But he's not an average rebounder. Bojan is already poor at rebounding. Smart is (or at least last year was) worse.

I dont get the Smart love at all. When I watch him play he is over emotional, fouls too much, is a bad shooter and shoots his team out of games. He can play some good defense from time to time but also gambles a lot. I dont really see him as a positive player for his team. He has a negative net rating for his career and more seasons than not. He just had one of his best offensive seasons ever and shot 39% from the field on 10.6 ppg for 13.1 ppg.

He does hustle a lot and gets fired up. But I think that hurts his team just as often as it helps. Maybe I havent seen enough of him play though, I watch a lot less East coast NBA.
Shooting is a problem, yes. But he's always been good for net rating stuff (at least according to B-Ref). Where are you seeing the negative net ratings?