What's new

2021 Free Agency

Sign me TF up for Tyler Bey, though.
Dallas gave up on him way too soon. They really wanted to surround Luka with nothing but shooters.

Bey has great 3/4 potential due to his defense/rebounding prowess. A project for sure but one that definitely fills a need for the Jazz. Worth a try.

Well, that was kind of my point. I don't want any of those three on the Jazz. Just saying we have always had a difficult time drawing good/great free agents to the Jazz with all things being equal. I ****ing hate it. But its a fact. Makes the GM's job much more difficult.
Big name free agents always sign with Miami, one of the LA teams, one of the NY teams, or the team they are already with. Boston maybe sneaks a couple here or there. Can anyone think of any recent examples of this not being the case? Even the Knicks have sucked at it lately, getting no elite takers for their cap space this year or in recent years past.

All I care about is holding on to the ones we do get through draft and trade, and we’ve held onto our three dudes.

Big name free agents always sign with Miami, one of the LA teams, one of the NY teams, or the team they are already with. Boston maybe sneaks a couple here or there. Can anyone think of any recent examples of this not being the case?
Aldridge to Spurs in 2015.

That’s someone I would trade Bogey for if only for the age difference. Whether Bogey would be enough is a different question.
One angle is that if you sign Lauri, that means you can trade Bogie to fill our actual needs while still keeping some shooting.

Big name free agents always sign with Miami, one of the LA teams, one of the NY teams, or the team they are already with. Boston maybe sneaks a couple here or there. Can anyone think of any recent examples of this not being the case? Even the Knicks have sucked at it lately, getting no elite takers for their cap space this year or in recent years past.

All I care about is holding on to the ones we do get through draft and trade, and we’ve held onto our three dudes.
KD to Warriors in 2016.

KD.
Our future draft situation is absolutely miserable. We are going to need to get lucky on a few free agents in the next 4-5 years.

I'm not really sad about the OP Jr. thing. I was talking myself into it, but last thing we need is more players with an injury history. I was OK if it happened, I'll get by if it doesn't.

KD to Warriors in 2016.
I forgot about the Warriors. They are another large market coastal city where superteams converge.

LeBron going back to Cleveland after leaving Miami is another example. There are exceptions to the rule, but it is largely the rule.

We’re in the same boat as the Milwaukees, Indianas, and OKCs of the world. We gotta build through trades and the draft.

Except Lauri can't carry Bojan's jockstrap.
Well no ****, I’m not saying that. At this point, outside of signing Lauri or Gay, the only way the team is going to improve is trading Bojan and/or Ingles. Might be nice to *also* have *some* of his shooting since we *wouldn’t have it anymore without Bojan here*, which is what I said.

Well no ****, I’m not saying that. At this point, outside of signing Lauri or Gay, the only way the team is going to improve is trading Bojan and/or Ingles. Might be nice to *also* have *some* of his shooting since we *wouldn’t have it anymore without Bojan here*, which is what I said.
I'd like to see a heathy Bojan and Ingles with his minutes dialed Wayyyy back.

I mean big time free agents rarely leave if the team actively wants them. They get traded. Losing someone like that as a free agent is a disaster.
Hayward was a disaster for the Jazz. At least at the time. Would have been nice to get something for him.

Only 4 teams in the last decade won the championship by signing big name FAs. 2012 and 2013 Heat. 2017 and 2018 Warriors.

The 6 other teams won it through trade and draft success.