What's new

2021 Free Agency

What about the 2020 Lakers?
AD was traded to the Lakers for a big package of Ingram/Ball/Hart/draft picks.

And it's fair to say that they were actually one of the biggest losers in 2019 FA because they failed to sign any of the big name free agents such as Kawhi or Bulter to be their third star alongside AD and Lebron.

That Mickey Mouse ring, tho. . .
So if the 2020 Lakers count, it’s 50/50 between superteams and teams that paid the iron price in the last ten years.

Our lot in life is to be the latter. That’s okay is all I am saying. I wouldn’t want to be some lame glamour market team anyway.

We did not have a bad day today. There is not a single team in the NBA I am jealous of right now. The Lakers got super old, and pretty much everyone else just overpaid people in my opinion.

Let’s just wait and see where the chips fall. Lots of hands to be played still. We haven’t made a bad move yet in the JZ era.

Personally, I hope there’s a trade that makes sense for us to get some perimeter defense in the next few days. If not, it’s not the end of the world if we sign a backup center, bring in Don’s friends, and some 3&D archetypes from across the pond and give em a shot to hit. We can always pivot at the deadline.

Just hope the Jazz don’t do anything stupid like use the TPMLE on someone that isn’t worth it and will just likely create more problems for us to fix next offseason.

Last edited:
So if the 2020 Lakers count, it’s 50/50 between superteams and teams that paid the iron price in the last ten years.

Our lot in life is to be the latter. That’s okay is all I am saying. I wouldn’t want to be some lame glamour market team anyway.
Our 2019 offseason actually very much mimics that of the Laker's.

Put together a big trade package for a star player(though AD>>>>>>>>>>>Conely) then fill out the rest of the roster with FA signings. (Jeff and ED both good buddies of Mike)

Right idea. Wrong execution.

So another year of our front office saying we know we need to get more athletic and versatile defensively. Then bringing back the exact same roster. Nice.
Oh. Is the offseason over already? ****, that was fast.