What's new

2021 Free Agency

With Gay in, just need that extra piece of perimeter/wing defense. If we don't trade Bogey to acquire it, I'd like to see us taking a flyer on Tyler Bey.

What’s up with JaMychal Greene? Might have some buyer’s remorse on Gay if he could’ve been had on a similar deal. Hope he doesn’t end up on the Lakers.

Rudy Gay is a better use of the TPMLE than OPJ’s broke butt.
Agree. Gay's most underrated attribute is his ability to stay healthy, especially for someone of his age. Playing 60+ games in each of his last three seasons. He had played more games in this past season alone than OPJ’s last three seasons combined

What’s up with JaMychal Greene? Might have some buyer’s remorse on Gay if he could’ve been had on a similar deal. Hope he doesn’t end up on the Lakers.
Thought he won't be a free agent till next year? Didn't he sign a two year deal with Denver last offseason?

Posted this in the other thread but:
From what I can tell the roster is now

Conley-Butler
Mitchell-Clarkson
Bogie-Ingles
Royce-Gay
Rudy-Udoka

end of bench, I think:
Oni (not sure if this year is guaranteed yet)
Brantley
Hughes

That makes 13. I’d say grab Frankie Smokes and a backup C on a minimum, then we’re set.

I like Brantley, but I’d rather use the roster/development spot on Tyler Bey (especially if the price is the same).
Ennis is a better help for us right now but Bey represents better value for us in the future once developed

best remaining FAs that make sense:

Markennan*
Ntilikina
Bjelica
Kaminsky
Hollis-Jefferson
Winslow
Ennis III

id go Nkitilina and one of the bigs, maybe Bjelica, or Ennis.

*from what I understand, Lauri is no longer attainable with the TPE, and with Gay there’s no room anyway.

Last edited:
So where do we go from here? I see two doors:

(1) fill out the roster with some minimum dudes that provide some defensive versatility (Ennis, Winslow, Ntikilina)

(2) trade Ingles or Bogey for some elite perimeter D. I would be okay trading Bogey for a wing defender and then picking up Paschall with a second. We’d be a little thin at the four spot, but I’m okay with Gay/Paschall there. This seems like more a “tax avoidance” move. I want no part in trading Joe.

I greatly prefer door number one if we can nab 2 of three of those guys if Ryan is okay with the tax implications.

Hood signed with the Bucks. I still wonder what could’ve been with him… just didn’t have the mental makeup and then the injuries.

best remaining FAs that make sense:

Markennan*
Ntilikina
Bjelica
Kaminsky
Hollis-Jefferson
Winslow
Ennis III

id go Nkitilina and one of the bigs, maybe Bjelica, or Ennis.

*from what I understand, Lauri is no longer attainable with the TPE, and with Gay there’s no room anyway.
Bjelica is gonezo